I'm sorry but I love you

Our Vow (Short Story)

 

“I’m sorry Yoona. I’m sorry if I cause you unhappy and trouble night.” Taecyeon said as he let go of her hand.

Yoona turn around to face him, “Oppa, I’m really happy for everything you’ve tried to do for me but to be honest with you….”Yoona pause as she looks into his eyes, “I can’t remember anything of you, of us together…..I’m really sorry.” Yoona said as she tried to hold her tears back. “All I had is this blur vision but I can’t be a hundred percent sure that it is you.”

“Yoona…” Taecyeon whisper her name.

“To tell you the truth oppa, I have agreed to marry Doojoon. I know this is wrong but I really don’t know who to believe anymore.” Yoona in tears.

“No..Yoona, you can’t. He doesn’t even love you, he is just using you.” Taecyeon miserably said as he held back his tears.

“I’m sorry oppa. I really wish I can remember you again.” Yoona said as tear flows down from her eyes, “I really wish I can love you the way you love me….but I can’t, I don’t even know What my heart is thinking anymore.” Yoona cries in tears.

“Yo—you can’t do this to me, you’re my wife.” Taecyeon said hurtfully.

“Because of that word ‘wife’, because of this ring.” Yoona said as she take off the ring and show it to him, “I feel guilty as I face you. It really bother me a lot, it hurt me for not returning your love. I feel useless and empty head as I look at you.” She said in tears as she tries to face him. “I really wish I can love the way you love me oppa.” She put her hand at her heart. “I just wish I’ve never exist at all. I wish the marriage between us never exist at all.” Hurtfully she said as she speaks her unclear mind. “If you love me, please let me go.” Yoona left the ring on the floor in between the room before she walk in and slam the door behind her. Yoona lay herself against the door, cuddle up in a ball as she cries her unclear-self out.

Taecyeon walking up to the door and kneel on his knee as he place one hand on the door. He listen to her cries, and picking up the ring.

“Is it really that painful to remember me?” Taecyeon ask sadly, no respond only sobbing cries from Yoona. He quickly understood what she meant, “I’m sorry Yoona. I’m sorry for hurting you.” Taecyeon said as he tried to control his tears. “I’m sorry for being selfish and holding you back……I’m sorry.”

 After his last words, Taecyeon went to the other room and lock himself the whole night as they both cry silently in their room. The next morning, Yoona phone rings, she took a look at it to see who it was before she answer her phone.

“Yeoboseyo?” Yoona sleepy voice.

“It’s me Yuri.” Yuri said.

Yoona rub her eyes, “Yuri what’s wrong?” she asked.

“It’s not me that is wrong, I wanted to check on you. Is everything alright? Did Taecyeon take you home last night?” Yuri concernly asks.

After Yuri asks her, she then remembers what happen between her and Taecyeon last night, especially the words she did not meant to say to him. “I’m fine, I was tired so I left early. Taecyeon took me home last night.” She answers him.

“That’s good, I was hoping he did instead of you taking the taxi home.” Yuri said. “I hope last night did not bring any misunderstanding.” Yoona did not say anything. “By the way, I want to meet with you tomorrow….wait the day after tomorrow at noon at the Leo’s café by the house. I need to show you something.” Said Yuri.

“Okay but why not today or tomorrow.” Yoona ask.

“It’s because I will be gone all day with Nichkhun and Faith today and tomorrow I have to go to his parents house. So only the day after tomorrow is when I see you.” Yuri explains. “Oh and don’t answer or meet Doojoon in these 2 days.”

“Why” Yoona ask curiously.

“Just do as I said. I need to show you this first before you talk to him again. In the meantime avoid Doojoon as much as you can.” Yuri said.

“But Yuri….” Yoona said.

“Just do it!” Yuri exclaimed.

“Fine, I’ll listen.” Yoona said.

“You better.” Yuri said.

“Yobo, we have to go now.” Nichkhun shout for Yuri, Yoona can hear him over the phone. “Your check-up is in half an hour.”

“I got to go, just remember what I say.” Yuri said.

“Okay, I will.” Yoona said before they hang up their phone.

Yoona got out of bed and walks out of the room, she stop in front of the other room where Taecyeon usually studies in more than he sleep in the room. She nervously hold her hand together only to notice the wedding ring is missing from her finger.

“My Ring.” Yoona said as she looks around the floor, remembering that she place the ring on the floor before she went into her room. “Taecyeon oppa must have taken it.” Yoona said regretfully in a whisper tone. “ommo I really wish he didn’t take my words seriously. I really wish I didn’t say those words to him.” She said as she closed her eyes tightly.

Yoona took a deep breath before she knocks on the door, waiting for him to answer the door, nothing happen. She knocks again but still no respond, Yoona decided to open the door to only find the room empty. Her eyes became wide and concern as she looks around the only room she haven been in much. The room fill with babies supplies, the cribs and babies picture fill everywhere in the room. This is the first time she pays a close attention to the room. A sudden flashback flash through her head, “Oppa, I’m pregnant with our first child.” Said Yoona. Taecyeon look at her happily, “Ar—are you really?” he asks her shockingly. Yoona nodded, “It’s two week.” She said. Taecyeon went up to her and pull her into his embrace, “Our first child. I—I’m so happy I don’t even know what to say.” He excitedly said. “I know, I can’t wait to see him or her.” She said. Taecyeon nodded, “I’m happy with either gender as long as it looks like you.” He said. Yoona smiles. The flashback end, Yoona shake her head a couple time and went back to reality, seeing the bed un-touch nor it is wrinkle. She makes her exit and walks around the house to looks for him but he was nowhere found, only breakfast plate on the dinning table by him. Without note or a called from him, she begins to feel worries. The whole day she spent her time waiting for his calls or message at home, but nothing at all only to receive calls from Doojoon and her parents. Yoona kept looking at the clocks, the day went by fast as she watch TV and eat as she waited. The sky slowly grew dark as the clocks continue to tick, a day has pass and Taecyeon is not home. Yoona feel a sleep on the couch. The next morning, she looks around the house to see him he had come back, even going up to the room. Nothing was touch; she decided to give him a couple calls only to be sent into his message box.

“He didn’t come home.” Yoona worried voice.

It have been two days since she had seen or talk to Taecyeon, she felt guilty and regret what she said to him on the night after the ballroom party. Every time she thinks of him, she felt like a million stabs her heart. Yoona hopelessly continue to wait for him at home, on the third day she went to the Leo’s Café to meet with Yuri who is walking into the café with her daughter.

“Annyoung Jin-soo. How are you?” Yoona ask as she hug Faith before they seat down.

“I’m fine auntie Yoona, omma got me ice cream today.” Jin-soo smiles as she show Yoona her ice cream cone.

“Oh really, you’ve must have been a good girl today.” Yoona said as she smiles. “Isn’t to cold to have ice-cream?” she asks.

“It is but the ice cream is too good.” Jin-soo.

Yoona smiles at the little Jin-soo before she looks at Yuri. “Yuri, What’s the big new that makes me can’t answer or meet Doojoon?” Yoona ask. “Oh I order you a cup of coffee.”

“Thanks Yoona. Okay, on the night at the ballroom, I’d recorded Doojoon and Taecyeon conversation, the reason why Taecyeon beat Doojoon because he was using you. He was faking in front of you.” Said Yuri as she takes her phone. Listen carefully.”

Yuri pressed play on her phone, the two sister went silent as they listen to the voices from the phone. Yoona was shock by the voices of two men, Taecyeon was telling her the truth but she didn’t believe him. After they finish listening, Yuri put away her phone.

“Yoona?” Yoona called her sister as she wave her hand in front of Yoona. “Unnie?”

Yoona stop Yuri hand and looks at her, “Yuri.”

“You scare me for a second.” Yuri said. “Are you okay?”

“I—I don’t know.” Yoona said, “Yuri, ho—how was I and Taecyeon oppa before the accident?” She asks her.

“Taecyeon already told you everything, he even show you around the place you two went too.” Yuri said.

“I want to hear it again.” Yoona said.

“Okay then.” Yuri said.

Yuri begin to tell Yoona about their relationship again as she silent listen to Yuri. Nichkhun on the other side were getting ready to leave work early since he work for her dad and is the assistance Chairman manager of the company. Before he drive out on the street, he receive a call from Taecyeon.

“What’s up Taec?” Nichkhun said.

“As a best friend and a brother to me, I want to thank you for your help. Thank you for always being there for me.” Taecyeon said sadly, “This is probably the last time you’ve here from me.”

“Wha—what? What are you talking about? Why is this the last time?” Nichkhun confusedly ask him, “What’s wrong?”

“I’m leaving, I’m not planning to come back.” Said Taecyeon.

“What about Yoona?” Nichkhun asks. “Why are you leaving? Dude where are you? Your are freaking me out.” He said.

“I’m going to give her freedom again. It’s no use to hold her back anymore. I can’t force her to love me back the way she use too.” Taecyeon said unhappily, “I can’t bring her happiness, her heart is no longer with me anymore. I had made her cry, I think it’s time for me to surrender and let her go. It’s better to end it now than drag the pain any further.”

“Taec, losing her you will have nothing anymore.” Said Nichkhun. “You went back against your family for her and now you’re giving her up.”

“I know and I’m willing too.” Taecyeon said. “That’s why I’m giving you a last call. Please tell Yoona for me, I wish her full of happiness and stay safe.” He hang up the phone before Nichkhun can say anything.

“Taec! Taec!” Nichkhun shout, “Aishi this guy, he never let me finish my words. I have to text Yuri…..wait isn’t she with Yoona today at the Leo’s Café. I hope they’re still there.” Nichkhun said as he drives his way to the café shop.

Back at the café, Yuri continued telling Yoona everything. Yoona was mind was lost, she doesn’t even know what to say or do anymore.

“He give up his family business to his older brother when he was suppose to be the successor of the business line but for you he gave it up. Even his motor racing career too, because he knew you fear those stuff, he knew you were scare that he might in another accident or every time he is on the racetrack. He knew you had nightmare after his first accident, he gave it up for you.  He had nothing left now, only a designing job at our parent company like Nichkhun.” Yuri continue on, “You should have seen him when you where in a come. He cried and begged for you to not leave him. He even said he could not live without you.” Yuri said. “Because after you had a miscarriage, both of you went into depression, but he did not show it to you. He remain strong and supportive. He called Nichkhun or me for advice to cheer you up he tried everything. I have to say Taecyeon is indeed a very good man. He would do anything to make you happy again.” Yuri finish her words and looks at Yoona.

“Yet I throw everything away…..I even told him those hurtful words.” Yoona said guilty.

Nichkhun enter the Café shop, and quickly he went over to the girls after he spotted them from the entrance.

“Yu—yuri.” Nichkhun out of breaths as he tried to speak.

“Yobo, What are you doing here? How did you know I was here?” Yuri asked him. She give him her cup of coffee to drink before he speaks.

“Let’s not talk about this right now. I have something important to tell Yoona. Taecyeon he—he…..” Nichkhun said.

“What about him? Where is he?” Yoona eyes went wide after she heard Taecyeon name said.

“He called me earlier and we had this weird talk about you, something about happiness and giving you back your freedom. “ Nichkhun said. “He said this will be the last time I see or hear his voice again. He’s leaving.”

“What!” Yuri exclaim.

“This can’t be happening…he—he can’t take my words seriously.” Yoona concernedly said.

Nichkhun and Yuri look at Yoona confusedly.

“What happen between you and Taecyeon?” Yuri ask

“The night after I left the ballroom with him, we had this talk at home where I wasn’t myself. I told him many things I shouldn’t had say. I told it was painful not able to remember any things; only blur vision in my head. And how this marriage or being his wife makes me guilty and useless. I was frustrated and lost that night, since then I haven’t seen him.” Yoona shaky voice.

“No wonder he was unhappy over the phone and saying those weird things to me.” Nichkhun said.

“Yobo…” Yuri said as she slap his shoulder to shut him up. “But when you said freedom? Wh—what do you mean by that?” Nichkhun giver her the ‘I don’t know’ face.

Yoona face turn pale and frighten, “I have to go home, he can’t leave his stuff is still there. He haven’t leave yet” Yoona said before she quickly leave the café.

“Wait, I’ll drive. It’s quicker.” Nichkhun said after he paid the bill and then carry Jin-soo as the walk to the SUV.

They head into the SUV and Nichkhun quickly drive back to Taecyeon and Yoona house. After they arrive, Yoona immediately went into the house searching for his items. Nichkhun carry Jin-soo in his arm again and follow behind with Yuri, they see a file left on the table after they enter the house. Yoona walks back down to the kitchen.

“Yoona.” Yuri said. “He’s gone.” She said as she looks at the divorce paper.

Yoona look at the table, shock and heartbroken as she walks closer to the papers laying next to the notes he left behind for her, she pick it up and read it.

“Yoona

I’m sorry for making you cry again. I didn’t know making you remember makes you suffer so much. That night when you told me everything, how you feel, and how hard it is to face me. I realize I no longer stay in your heart or was never in your heart. Especially seeing you cries because of pity for me…..I…it just bring us both pain. I’m sorry letting my selfishness keep you in my heart, since you have already except Doojoon proposal. I have no reason to keep you back anymore. Losing you means losing my life but seeing you smiles again, I’m willing to hold onto my memories alone. As long as you are happy…it’s enough for me. So today, I give you the divorce paper not because I don’t love you anymore. It because I want to see you smiles again, the smiles I once see when I first met you. The smiles that brings me to another world, and can’t forget for the rest of my life. Please remember that I will always be by your side, protecting you, supporting you, and loving you till the very end as I keep my vow.

‘I vow to love you as the clock tick continually to the memories of our heart,

An angel smiles that I shall never forget…..’

Yoona repeating his words, ‘for days…years..enternity, I only live to love you, and breath to hold you in my arm. As I stand from my heart and rest on yours for life. The life I can’t live without. Let me by your guardian as we walk through our life together..…Saranghae Yoona.’

Taecyeon”

“Yoona…is he really…?” Yuri ask as she look at her sister in shock.

“No, he—he can’t..” Yoona in tears.

“He sign the paper already.” Said Yuri as she take a look at the file, “he give you everything including this house.”

“That mean he has nothing left now.” Said Nichkhun.

“Yobo, you’re his best friend. He should tell you where he is heading off to.” Yuri said.

“Yobo, I really wish he did but he didn’t. He’s no longer in South Korea any more.” Nichkhun said.

Before Yuri can ask Nichkhun again, they heard a loud thud on the floor. They turn around to take a look only to find Yoona on the floor.

“Yoona! Yoona!” Yuri calls as she went to her side. Nichkhun carried Yoona up from the floor and on to the couch in the living room.

Jin-soo went up to Yuri, “Omma, what happen to auntie Yoona? Auntie suddenly fall a sleep on the floor.” She ask.

“Faith, come with appa, let omma take care of auntie Yoona.” Nichkhun said. Faith smiles as she walks to Nichkhun. Yuri continue o rub Yoona head lightly, minutes have pass since Yoona had faint. Yuri went to get a warm towel and put it on Yoona forehead as she continue to gently massage her head. Finally after a long wait, Yoona wake up from her conscious and looks around before she look at Yuri concern face.

“Yoona.” Yuri concern tone.

“Yuri.” Yoona weakly said.

“Yoona, are you okay?” Yuri asks.

“I don’t know…all of a sudden I had a lot of flashes…vision…..wait it not vision that I see. It’s Taecyeon, I see him. I see everything.” Said Yoona. “I remember everything Yuri, I remember Taecyeon oppa.” She looks at Yuri.

“Yoo—Yoona?” Yuri in shock, “You remember?”

Yoona nodded as she looks at the surprising Yuri, “Yuri I remember everything, I don’t know how. The letter, the vow. I remember.” Said Yoona.

Yuri and Nichkhun look at her speechless as they look at Yoona.

“Wh—where is Taec?” Yoona shaky tone, “What did he say to you cheonam?”

“H—he didn’t say where he was going.” Said Nichkhun who is still surprise by Yoona, “I don’t know where he is.”

Yoona got out of the couch and walk to the kitchen, she look at the divorce paper with Taecyeon signature on it.

“He can’t do this. He can’t leave me now.” Said Yoona in fear.

“It’s to late, he’s gone now.” Nichkhun said, Yuri gave him another hit in the chest. “ouch.”

“Be quiet oppa.” Yuri said, “Yoona, can you think of any place he could be at? Do you know when is the last place he told you he wanted to go?” she asks Yoona.

Yoona shake her head ‘no’ quickly as she look at them, Yoona close her eyes as she tries to remember where Taecyeon could be.

Flashback~~~~~~

“A place where you wanted to go..” Taecyeon said.

Yoona eyes grew wide, “Kyoto, Japan?” she said, Taecyeon nodded.

End (Flahs)~~~~~~~~~~

“I think I know where he is.” Yoona said.

They look at Yoona confusedly, Yoona took the divorce files with her and ran out of the house. Yuri follow Yoona quickly, while Nichkhun went carry Faith after them.

“Yoona! Yoona!” yuri shout as she grab her back, “Where are you going?” she ask.

“I need to get to the airport.” Yoona said, “I think I know where he is.”

“Are you sure?” yuri ask concernly.

“I have never been sure in my life.” Yoona said.

“Let us take you there.” Nichkhun said. He walk to the SUV and place the little Faith in the car seat.”

“Thank you Cheonam.” Said Yoona said with a smile.

They get in the car, Nichkhun drove them to Gimpo airport.

“Yoona, why are you taking the divorce paper with you? Yuri ask.

“I want to ask him one more time.” Yoona said.

“He would say yes even though his heart and mind say no.” Nichkhun said as he drive. “He’s always like that, he think for others more than himself.”

“I know.” Yoona said softly, “That’s why I want to ask him in person.”

They continue to chat a little for the next 15 minutes, they arrived at the airports. Before Yoona go in, she gave them a hug and a kiss for Jin-soo cheek. Then she went inside and stood in the line for buy her boarding ticket to Kyoto. The service women book her the next the closest ride, only in 10 minutes the next plane to Japan takes off. After Yoona receive the ticket from the lady and going through the security check, she quickly head straight to the plane gate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Golden Temple in Kyoto, Taecyeon wander the place where he and Yoona had their first vacation. From the garden to the bridge with snow continues to fall, memories of him and Yoona rapidly appeared in his head. At the gate of the  Golden Temple, he stood at the entrance for a couple second before he enter and kneel to the Buddha status place at the center of the temples. Taecyeon let the memories flow through his head before he take a deep breath before he look up at the Buddha.

“Today I kneel in front of you again….as I beg you to protect Yoona for me. Please bring her love and support for me.” Taecyeon said as he tried not to tears up. “I can no longer be by her side any more…..she is all I have left even though she can’t remember me…and I can’t force her to be with me anymore.” He could not hold his tears back anymore, “ I beg  you to watch over her, let me be the one to suffer instead of her. Bring her the happiness that I can’t give her……I beg you Buddha, please give her the my energy. I have already lost Tae-joon…..she is all I have left….let her smiles again. I am willing to carry the memories of her and me.” He close his eye in tears. Yoona stood by the entrance, listening and watching Taecyeon.

“Tae-joon?” Yoona whisper the name to herself as she remember the familiar name.

Flashback:

“Yobo,” Yoona smiles as she rub her belly softly, “Have you thought of a name for our son?” She ask him.

Taecyeon smiles as he cuddle Yoona closer to her, placing his right hand on her belly, “I was thinking of Tae-joon. Ok Tae-joon.” He said.

“Tae-joon?” Yoona said as she think about the name. “I love it, our son Ok Tae-joon.” She look up at Taecyeon, he slide her bang to the side and capture her lip softly.

End~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taecyeon grip onto his knee, “tae-joon, appa is sorry. Appa could not do anything for omma anymore. Appa have to let omma go, omma does not know us anymore. It better to let omma go instead let both suffer, it also the only way omma can smile to her new life.” Taecyeon said sadly, “Please forgive appa….but appa promise appa will love omma to the very end.”

Taecyeon bows three time to the statue before he stand up, and make his way out of the temple but stop when he saw a familiar figure in front of him. Yoona in tears looking at him, he notice the file in her hand. Before she can say anything, Taecyeon walk away quickly. As fast as, Taecyeon walk across the bridge. Yoona run after him, grab her arm, she stop him from continue.

“Oppa.” Yoona said softly.

“You could have leave it at home, you didn’t have to bring it to me.” Taecyeon said without looking at her.

“Look at me.” Yoona demand as she look at him. But Taecyeon refuse, “Look at me oppa.” She ask one more time.

Taecyeon look at her like she demand him too.

“I’ve been look for you, I have been waiting for you.” Yoona said, “you know I worry about you, wanting to talk to you, and hear your voice again. I have been waiting for your call.” She let a tear drop from her as she speaks, “Yet instead I receive a divorce file with a letter to face me instead of you yourself.”

“I did not know how to face you, I was afraid I would bring you tears and sadness again.” Taecyeon said like a whisper.

“So what about now? It’s no difference. You left me a letter of how you feel instead of talking to me in person.” Yoona held the file in front of them, “You let our misunderstanding continue…….I hate you.” She said, Taecyeon feel hurt by her words. “I hate you for leaving me concern….I hate you for leaving me without a face to face talk.” He closes his eyes as she continues. “But I love you for everything you’ve done.” She said, Taecyeon caught by her surprise twist words. Yoona took a step closer to him. “When I saw the file with your signature and unread letter. I feel my heart drop dead, having this unbearable pain in me and frighten that you would leave me…I knew then my heart is with you. When I could not remember about you at all, I had this feeling in me, I knew that after you left me I had already fallen in love with you again.” Yoona took the letter out of the files, “With this letter and the vow I read, I was able to remember you again. Remember everything about us. I may not remember much but I knew most part that it just me and you.”

“Yoona.” Taecyeon whisper her name. “I’m sorry.”

Yoona lift a smile on her face, “I brought this along with me because I want to ask you one more time.” She said as she look into his eyes fill with happiness, “Do you really want to divorce……”Taecyeon cut her off with his lip, pulling her closer to him as he wrap his arm around her waist, Yoona smile as she rest her arm around her waist. They kiss passionately under the snow as they stood by the cherry blossom tree. A moment later he break the kiss, she looks at him.

“No, not in a thousand year, not in this life, not for eternity.” Taecyeon said, “I will hold you tightly, and never let you go again.”

Yoona smiles sweetly and pull him in for another kiss, Taecyeon happily respond as he carry her up and spin her around in the snow until they fall on to the snow.

The End……………………………