2 months Later

Our Vow (Short Story)

Before the accident happens, Taecyeon successful improve Yoona moods after she had a miscarriage.

“Yobo, how are you feeling?” Taecyeon ask as he held her hand.

“I’m fine.” Yoona smile lightly. “Where are we going? You did tell where we are going for our 2nd anniversary. You just told to pack up.” Yoona question him.

“You’ll find out.” Taecyeon smile mischievously.

“Oppaaa.” Yoona whine.

“Yobo you’ll see when we get there.” Said Taecyeon.

“Can you at least give me a hint?” Yoona plead for a hint with pouting face.

Taecyeon smiles as her childish act, “okay, umm it a place you’ve always wanted to go. A place where I propose to you.”

Yoona eyes grew wide, “Kyoto, Japan.” She shakes his right arm.

Taecyeon nodded as he smiles at his beautiful wife.

“Saranghae yobo.” Yoona give a kiss on Taecyeon cheek.

“Saranghae Yoona. I’ll always be with you.” Taecyeon smiles as he lifts her hand up to his lips.

A bright light flash through the car, Yoona and Taecyeon were too happy and smiling as Taecyeon face a head. BOOM! The truck crash into Taecyeon cars, his car slides far apart as Yoona head bump hard against the window.

“Taec—yeon oppa.” Yoona murmur his name before he faint into a coma.

Taecyeon look over to her side as he see her eyes close, “yoo-na, Yoona.” He called her name before he close his eyes. “Yoo….”

The next thing once the drunken driver realize he had hit the car in front of him, getting off the truck he found a couple consciously in the car. The driver quickly dial the ambulance, Yuri receiving the call a night, Nichkhun quickly drive his family to the hospital of Seoul with their daughter in the car. Yuri shaken by the news in the car, Nichkhun held her hand as he comforts her.

“appa, where are we going?” the little faith asked.

“We’re going to visit your auntie and uncle.”  Said Nichkhun, he looks at Yuri. “Honey it will be alright, they will be okay.” Nichkhun comforting his wife.

“My sister, why does so many thing have to happen to her in short amount of time.” Yuri said sadly. “She just lost her son 3 months ago and now she in the hospital with Taecyeon.”

“Yuri, they will be alright. They will make it through.” Said Nichkhun.

A moment later they arrive at the hospital, the family quickly rush into the hospital, waiting for the doctor to come out of Taecyeon and Yuri room.

“Appa, why are we here?” Faith asks.

“Faith, uncle Taecyeon and Auntie Yoona are here right now. They just got into an accident.” Nichkhun explain.

“Is uncle and auntie going to be okay?” Faith asks.

“They will.” Said Nichkhun.

Faith nodded, Nichkhun place her on the seat and then he went to Yuri and gave her an embrace.

“Honey, don’t cry. Everything will be okay.” Nichkhun patting her back lightly.

“Yobo I’m really scared. I can’t loose my little sister.” Said Yuri, “She have suffered already.”

“Don’t say that. They are strong.” Said Nichkhun, “how about I get you and Faith something to drink while we waited.” He look at her, she nodded.

“Thank you oppa.” Yuri smile a little.

Nichkhun and Faith went to get something to drinks, Faith had an apple juice while Nichkhun bought a herbal green tea for him and his wife.

“Your favorite.” Nichkhun smile as he handed her the drink.

“Thank you yobo.” Said Yuri as she takes a sip from the bottom. “You sure know me well.”

“I’m your husband. If I didn’t know you well then how did we have Faith Jin-soo here with us?” Nichkhun tease Yuri.

“Oppa, Jin-soo is here with us. Don’t dirty her ears.” Yuri slightly slap his chest.

Nichkhun grab his hand and give her a kiss on the lip, Faith Jin-soo cover her eyes as she watch her parent loving moments.

“Omma and appa bobo.” Faith happy said as she cover her eyes with her fingers spread a little.

Yuri break apart and they look at their 4 years old daughter.

Nichkhun smiles as he looks at Yuri. “That’s more like it, your smile is very beautiful.”

“You really do know how to make a person smile huh?” Yuri said.

“That’s me, Nichkhun Horvejkul.” Nichkhun praise himself.

Jin-soo give him a tongue, “Blaahhhh not me, appa does not make me smile omma.”

“Oh really, Appa just see Jin-soo smile earlier.” Said Nichkhun as he walks to Faith.

“Nope appa did not.” Faith shakes her head.

Nichkhun start to tickles Faith a little, the little girl begin to laugh at her father tickle. Yuri smiles as she watches the daughter and father moments. The doctor then came out of the room, The family quickly walk up to the doctor.

“How is my sister and her husband?” Yuri concernly asked.

“They have made it through, the man is fine. The accident did not hurt him much but he is still in a coma, I think he will wake up in a short time. But for the lady, the accident has damage the lady brain. I fear she might severe a memories lost.” Said the Doctor.

“Yoona.” Yuri helplessly called her.

Nichkhun front behind him support her stands as he grab a hold of her, Yuri falls into his arm as he embrace the teary Yuri.

“Can you place them in the same room? Can we see them now?” Nichkhun ask.

“We will place them in the same room once the nurse find a room for them, in the mean time you can go see them.” Said the doctor.

The family give the doctor a bow before they walks into the room, Yuri quickly went in the middle between Taecyeon and Yoona. She checked on her sister first before Taecyeon. Nichkhun and faith stood by Yuri side, they looked at Taecyeon and Yoona who is the bed with concern.

“Yoona, Yoona.” Yuri called for her sister.

“Yuri, she’s in a coma. She can’t hear you.” Said Nichkhun.

“Yobo what should I do? I can’t tell omma and appa about this, they are in France right now.” Said Yuri.

“I think we should tell them even though I know Yoona will disagree with it but at least they know the situation.” Said Nichkhun.

Yuri nodded and looked at Yoona. “Please remember, please be okay.” Yuri said as she held Yoona hand.

After spending nearly two hours at the hospital, the family head home and rest. Everyday Nichkhun and Yuri would visit Taecyeon and Yoona at the hospital. Nearly a month and none have mad a movement until a week later, Taecyeon wake up and Nichkhun was the only one there while yuri went to pick up Jin-soo.

“Taec.” Nichkhun quickly walk up to him. “Taec how are you feeling? Do you remember anything or any body.”

Taecyeon slowly open his eyes as he look around the strange room, he move around the bed a little as he tried to control his body again, then he realize something.

“Yoona! Yoona.” Taecyeon called for her as he looks for her in the room.

Nichkhun help him seat up but stop him from getting off the bed.

Taecyeon see Yoona laying on the bed next to him with Nichkhun in between, he wanted to jump off the bed and walk over to her immediately but Nichkhun stop him.

“She’s still in a coma, but her condition is fine.” Said Nichkhun as he comfort Taecyeon a little.

“Yoona, I want to see her up close. I want to be by her.” Taecyeon insist as he gets off the bed.

Nichkhun surrender to his stubbornness and help him walk up close to Yoona.

Taecyeon grab Yoona hand and held it close to his face as he look at her. “Yoona please be okay. Please wake up soon, I—I can’t live with out you. I can’t loose you.” Taecyeon shed a little tears as he touch his wife face gently.

Yuri then walks into the room with Faith next to her. “Taecyeon hyung.” Yuri surprisingly speaks as she looks at him. “How are you feeling? What are you off your bed?”

Taecyeon turn to looks at Yuri and the little Faith Jin-soo. “I’m fine, I wanted to see Yoona close up.”

Yuri and Jin-soo quickly walk to them.

“Ho—how long have we been in the hospital?” Taecyeon ask with leaving his eyes off Yoona.

Nichkhun and Yuri look at each other, “For 5 weeks now.” Said Yuri.

Taecyeon didn’t said anything, he remain silent as he look at Yoona with guilt as he shed tears for her.

“She will be alright, she is a strong person. I know she will come back to us.” Said Yuri.

“I kow she will, she knows I can’t live with out her.” Said Taecyeon on his knee as he looks at her. “Please Yobo, I can’t loose you. I have lost our son, I can’t bare the pain to loose you.” He put her hand by his lips, “You are my everything that I live for, Saranghae Yoona. Please for me, don’t leave.”

Nichkhun pat his shoulder as he look at his best friend crying for his wife. Nichkhun then walk up to his wife, seeing her cries he wipe her tears away lightly with his thumb.

“Don’t cry honey.” Nichkhun said softly as he pull her into his embrace.

“Yobo, I-I  can’t take this. I want Yoona awake.” Yuri said in tears.

“She will, we know she will.” Nichkhun lightly patted her back, “Do you eat anything yet? How about I go get something for you and Taecyeon to eat while I get Jin-soo snack?” He break the embrace as he look at her.

Okay.” Yuri nodded as she wipe her tears away.

Nichkhun smiles. “I’ll be back soon.” He give her a kiss on the lip before he walk out of the room with Jin-soo. “Come on Faith, let’s go get you something to eat.”

Faith nodded as she follows him. The room remains quiet as Yuri stand in front of the bed watching Taecyeon holding onto Yoona, she felt sad for her brother-in-law. But she couldn’t do anything to help feel better, Yuri grab a chair for him. Taecyeon give her a smile.

“Did you know what happen after you went into a coma?” Yuri asked.

“I—I only remember we were on our way to the airport, suddenly a big vehicle hit our car. I couldn’t see his or her face.” Said Taecyeon.

Yuri sign in relief for Taecyeon memories have not been lost.

“That’s good that you can still remember.” Yuri said. “It’s was a truck that hit you two, the police reported to us that it was a drunk driver that hit you guys. Right now he is in DUI and jail for a drunk-hit and breaking the law.”

“Wh—what’s his name?” Taecyeon asked in a low voice.

“His name is Ahn seong.” Yuri said, she notices the grudge on his face. “Don’t get revenge on him, don’t do anything stupid that will make you and Yoona regret for the rest of your life. I know Yoona doesn’t want you to hold the grudge. He server his punish already, you should let go.”

Taecyeon looks at Yoona who face that are peacefully sleeping in the bed, he knows Yoona wouldn’t want him to be like that. “ I know, I won’t do anything stupid. For Yoona.”

Yuri smiles, Nichkhun and Faith got back from the cafeteria with trays of foods. The family eats; Taecyeon did not want to eat anything as he sat by Yoona side holding onto her hand. The whole two-hour have pass and since they have been in the room, Nichkhun family decided to leave. For the next 2 months, Taecyeon spent his time at the hospital, cleaning her face, and talking to her even though she is still in the coma. Yuri and Nichkhun come to visit everyday, seeing Taecyeon taking care of Yoona nonstop. Yuri felt really happy for Yoona to finally have the man who loves her deeply, but it is also at the same time seeing Taecyeon shedding tears for Yoona, begging her to wake up. Yuri shed a little tears as she watch Taecyeon stay by Yoona side, Nichkhun grab a tissue out of the box and wipe the tear away from Yuri eyes.

“It’s okay to cry, it’s better to let go then hold the pain in you.” Nichkhun said softly.

“When is Yoona ever going to wake up?” Yuri said in tears.

“We’ll let fate and herself decide the time.” Said Nichkhun.

Taecyeon sitting next to her bed, he held her tight against his cheek. Yoona suddenly move her fingers, Taecyeon felt it and immediately jump up.

“Yoona.” Taecyeon called for her, “Yobo.” He press the emergency red button right away.

Nichkhun and Yuri hurry to the bed after they heard Taecyeon call Yoona.

“What happen?” Yuri worriedly ask.

“She move, I—I felt her movement against my face.” Taecyeon said.

They look at Yoona, indeed her fingers were moving. The doctors and nurse came running into the room. Taecyeon, Nichkhun, and Yuri waited outside as the doctor checks on Yoona. Taecyeon walking back and forth praying to god as he think worriedly about Yoona, hoping that she is awake.

Too be continue…………………