||One|| The Ugly Duck

Secrets || V from BTS||

He didn't know my name.

Maybe it was because of how introverted I was or maybe it was because of how popular he was around school.

The only time we ever talked was in our Freshman year when we were in the hallway at lunch and he asked me if I had an extra pencil for his next class- which I fortunately did. 

Even though he didn't know me or even acknowledge my presence, I knew him- well, I knew his name. That was only because I heard some of his friends were calling out for him in the hallway while we were in the middle of switching classes.

His name was Kim Taehyung but, he was mostly called V.

Why I like him, I don't even know that my own self.

I guess it was just one of things you couldn't explain. I've been drawn to him since the first day I saw him. I like how his brown eyes had specks of black in it when the sun hit them- I noticed that one day after school when I saw him waiting with his friends for the bus. 

I also like the way his hair fell. His Brown- almost black hair was always down and it was always straighten. However, whenever he's late to school, he would wears it naturally. His natural hair was wavy and it didn't go past his ears.

Although It does he doesn't know who I am or even notice my presence, I was happy to be able to see him during the day. Plus, I was scared that if he knew who I was, he wouldn't even like me.

I'm not the most interesting person out there. In fact, I'm probably one of the plainest girls you would meet. I had brown hair that I always threw in a ponytail, and dark brown eyes. I also wore dark-rimmed glasses- which hid my eyes.

Frankly, compared to other girls in my school, I was the ugly duck. 

"Christian?" I jump from my thoughts and look up to see my one and only friend, Megan. Megan had her blonde hair up in a messy bun. She had on skinny blue jeans, that she wore almost everyday. She had a blue tanktop and a white jacket over it.
Megan wasn't the most skinniest person at this school. Actually, she was one the chubby side but, there were a lot of guys who still liked her. "Oh, hi." I said, Dumbfounded. 

I had no idea she was already here. Megan shook her head at me in disappointment but, she smiled. "You should becareful, Chris." I could feel my toes curl up at the nickname she's been calling me since eighth grade when we met. "What do you mean?" I played dumb, hoping she didn't know why I was so out of it. 

 

"Well, Mr. Tall, Dark, And Handsome is over there across the lunchroom and you're obviously staring at him. Even clueless Donnie would know you were staring at Kim Taehyung. If he were to look this way, he would surely know you have been undressing him with your eyes." I widen my eyes and look up at her. "Are you serious?" Megan laugh and sat across from me. 

"Uh, yeah. If you're not planning on talking to him and only staring at him, you should do it secretly." I blushed and glanced worriedly at him. I hope he didn't catch me. "Don't worry, Chris. He wasn't even looking over here."I turn my attention to Megan, my life saver. "Thanks, Meg." Megan has known about my "crush" on Kim Taehyung since I first saw him. After I first saw him, I quickly went and told her about it.

"Christian, are you really not going to tell him about your secret love for him?" I shot her a look and took a glance at Kim Taehyung. He was eating an apple while sitting with six other guys- who ere just as popular as he was. Which was funny because, they aren't in any sports and clubs.
 

"Megan, I can't tell him."I murmured as I look down at my tray full of food. It's been thirty minutes in to lunch and I haven't touched a single fry. "But, why?" She slammed her hands on the table, causing a few kids who said nears us to look our way.

"Look away." She growled, quickly making everyone turn their heads. "You know why. We are two completely different people." I let out a sign and got up. "I'm going to head to class first. Did you want this?" I pointed toward my tray. Megan stared at me before shaking her head. "No, go ahead and throw it away." I grab it and was about it to walk away. "You know, Chris. Just like that tray of food, you're going to throw your opportunity away and you will regret it." I didn't look at her. I knew she was right but, just like everything else, my fear and shyness kept me from a lot of opportunities.