Memory Part 2

Forbidden Feeling

 

“Omo, mianhae”.

“You better go to your class now or Mr Choi will throw you out from the class” The girl smirked and walked away.

“Gomawo!” Eunmi shouted.

Eunmi sneak inside the class as Mr Choi was sleeping. She tip toed and sat next to Sunhwa. “Good try Ms Eunmi” Mr Choi woke up. Eunmi grinned and started her work.

 “Where have you been?” Sunhwa whispered.

“I....I woke up late”.

“You what?” Sunhwa laughed and continued her work.

“Ms Eunmi, Ms Sunhwa, I can hear that” Mr Choi stared at them. “Sorry, Mr Choi” They both looked down on the table.

Half an hour later, the school bell rang. Eunmi and Sunhwa went to their locker and separated at the corner of a street. “I’ll see you tomorrow” Sunhwa waved and walked the opposite way.

“It’s still early” Eunmi walked to the shop for an ice-cream.

She looked inside the fridge. Before she get to reach the ice-cream, another hand appeared. She looked to the face and she rolled her eyes.

“You again?” Eunmi raised an eyebrow.

“What?”.

 “What are you doing here?” Eunmi looked away.

“So?” he took two ice-creams and paid it.

“Here”.

“Huh?” Eunmi looked confused.

“Why? Kaja, let’s take a walk to the park” Eunmi followed him from behind.

“Eat it before it melts” he smiled.

“Neh” Eunmi unwrap the ice-cream and eat it.

“You like this flavour, Doojoon-ssi?” Eunmi asked.

“It’s always my favourite. You look cute in this uniform” he smiled.

“Thanks” Eunmi smiled as she saw some little kids are walking at the park, holding a balloon each.

“Doojoon oppa” a little girl came to him, giving her balloon to him.

“She knows you?” Eunmi asked.

“I know her too. Saekyung-ah, give this to her” the little girl took the balloon and gave to Eunmi with full of smile. Then she gave a kiss on the cheek to Doojoon and walked away with her friends.

“She’s sure love you so much. And thank you for the balloon” Eunmi giggled.

“I’ll bring you to the kindergarten if you have time. They will be happy if you would come and meet them” Doojoon stared at Eunmi.

“I should get home now” Eunmi stood up.

“Let me send you. Can I?” Doojoon faced her. Eunmi nodded and walked in front. As they reach at Eunmi’s apartment building, they say goodbye and separated. Eunmi could just smile and laughed when she stared at the balloon on her hand. Even Mrs Han felt a bit weird when Eunmi smiled alone during dinner.

~*~

“Eunmi-ah, are you okay? You didn’t talk to me since yesterday. Did I do something wrong?” Sunhwa stood next to her at the locker.

“Ani, you didn’t do anything” Eunmi fake a smile.

“If something bothers you, just tell me. You don’t have to keep it silent. And please, just delete the video.” Sunhwa smiled.

“I’m ready, I’ll tell you. I’ll delete later. Let’s go home” Eunmi locked her locker and walked home.

“Omma, I’m home” Eunmi closed the front door and went inside her room.

She put her bag on her study desk and saw a pink heart balloon hanged on the balcony.

“What’s this?” she took the balloon and saw a piece of paper with a small chocolate box were tied on the string.

‘It’s been a long time I didn’t see your cute face, meet you tomorrow at the park at 12. –Doojoon’

“Cute?” Eunmi laughed and put the note on the desk. She tied the balloon next to the other balloon on her bed. After taking her shower, Eunmi sat on the desk and her laptop. She watched her old videos that Sunhwa caught for her.

 

“Eunmi-ah, smile” Eunmi smiled and make a V sign.

“Did you hear the news?”

“News? No. Is it important?”

“It is more than important. Two news about Junhyung. First, he’s accident”

“Oh, really? I hope he’s okay. The second one?”

“You don’t really want to hear this one”

“What is it? Just tell me”

“Junhyung...is with Hyuna. They’re together”

“Sunhwa, stop lying” Eunmi shook her head.

“I’m not lying. Almost everyone knows about this but they don’t want you to know. Mianhae” Sunhwa hugged her.Tears roll down Eunmi’s cheek and she wiped it quickly.

“Eunmi-ah, mianhae”

“Kwenchana. He don’t need me. Hyuna deserves him more than I do. I’m not good enough to make him happy” Eunmi cannot stop herself from crying.

“It must be hard for you. Don’t cry, Eunmi. It’s okay”

“What does Hyuna have that I don’t? He knows my feeling but he don’t act like one”

 

Eunmi clicked the exit box and closed her laptop. She buried her face in her arms on the desk and cried. “Why is this happening to me?”

Then someone knocked the door. 

“Eunmi-ah, lunch time” Eunmi wiped her tears and pretended to be okay.

“Eunmi?” Mrs Han walked in and saw her eyes were red.

“Are you crying?”. “Anniyo. I’m not crying. I rubbed my eyes so hard” Eunmi rubbed her eyes but Mrs Han pulled her hand.

“Don’t tell me that trick. Speak. Is there anything wrong?” Mrs Han cupped her face.

“Nothing. Nice smell” Eunmi changed the topic.

“I made your favourite food today. Appa got home early so join us. Is that chocolate?” Mrs Han pointed to the chocolate box.

“Neh. Someone climbed and put this on the balcony” Eunmi smirked and Mrs Han left the room.

Eunmi sighed and kept the chocolate box in her school bag. She walked to the kitchen and joined her parents.

~*~

“Ughh...” Eunmi opened her eyes and went out from her room. She went to the kitchen where her mother was. “Did you have a good sleep?” Mrs Han asked.

 “Yes but I think my head is dizzy” she rubbed her eyes and sat at the dining table. Mrs Han put her back palm on Eunmi’s forehead and tilted her head.

“You don’t have fever or anything. Did you stay up all night?”

“No. Omma, can I go out today? I have to meet someone” Eunmi stood up.

“Sure. But take care of yourself” Mrs Han smiled.

“Gomawo. You’re the best” Eunmi grinned and went to her room. She opened her laptop and updated her status on a social networking. After couple of hours, she realised she was late to meet Doojoon.

“Omma, I want to go out for a while” Eunmi changed her clothes and went to the park. She walked around but she didn’t see any sign of Doojoon. She sat on the bench where she used to sit with Doojoon.

Suddenly she saw a person was walking with bunch of balloon in hand but she can’t see the face. As the person walked to her, Eunmi stood up and look for the face between the balloons.

“Doojoon?”