It was a memory in a dream

Forbidden Feeling

 

 “Yes?” Eunmi giggled.

“What’s with all this balloons?”.

“It’s for the kids at the kindergarten. Here, you can have one if you want” Doojoon handed the balloons to her.

“I’ll take the blue one” Eunmi smiled.

“So, did you ate the chocolate?” Doojoon sat on the bench.

“So you climbed through the balcony?”

“I was thinking to surprise you but you weren’t in your room so I left it at the balcony. I hope you like it” he explained.

“My house is on 3rd floor and you climbed it. Wow. And thank you” she smiled shyly.

“You want to stay here or....I promise you to bring you and meet the children. You can help me give the balloons to them” Doojoon smiled.

“Kaja” they walked together to the kindergarten. As Doojoon entered the front gate, the children were cheering for him happily. They were so hyper and every of them hugged Doojoon.

“I want you to meet this beautiful noona, Eunmi. Say hi to her” Doojoon introduced.

“Eunmi noona, annyeonghaseyo!” all of them bowed politely.

Eunmi was touched because she never thought the children would be so nice to stranger. They started to give the balloons to each of them and they looked happy. Suddenly a little boy ran to Doojoon.

“Oppa, is Eunmi noona your girlfriend?” he stood in front of Doojoon.

“No. I’m afraid she doesn’t like me” Doojoon answered childishly.

“Give her a balloon. You can write something on it” the boy suggested.

“Then what should I write?” Doojoon asked.

“Tell her to be your girlfriend. Oppa, its easy”.

The boy ran to the teacher’s desk and borrowed a black marker from the teacher. He ran back to Doojoon and picked a pink heart balloon. Doojoon felt shy to write it because he never expected this thing would happen.

“Oppa, you want to purpose her?” a little girl then came to him. Doojoon smiled and started to write on the balloon.

“Now, give this to her” the boy took the balloon and ran to Eunmi who was just finished giving all the balloons. Eunmi smiled when receiving the balloon and saw something was written on the balloon.

‘Will you be my girlfriend?’

Eunmi looked at Doojoon and smiled shyly. He stood there and shrugged his shoulder with a smile. The boy gave the marker to her so Eunmi wrote something to give back.

 “Send this back to him”.

The boy ran to Doojoon and gave the balloon back.

‘Will you?’

Doojoon laugh and saw Eunmi shrugged her shoulders with a smile. Eunmi walked to him and smirked.

“Oppa, kiss her!” some of them shouted.

“Aaahh....you’re not supposed to watch this” Doojoon said and the children made sad faces. Eunmi stared at him.

“What? It’s true. They still young to see all this” Doojoon giggled. Suddenly Eunmi stood on her toes and kiss his cheek. The children smiled brightly and made Doojoon shocked. Eunmi put a finger on her lips while smiling to the children.

“We have to go now. Study well okay?” Eunmi said.

“Noona, can you please come here everyday?” a little girl pulled her shirt. Eunmi squatted down.

“I will come everyday if you be a good girl. Can you do that for me?” she took out her pinky finger and made a pinky promise with the girl.

“Bye bye” Doojoon and Eunmi waved at them and left the kindergarten. As Eunmi walked direct to her home, Doojoon grabbed her wrist.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“Going home of course. Aren’t you supposed to go home too?” Eunmi looked at him.

“We’re not done yet. I want you to follow me. This way” Doojoon pointed another way.

“Where to?”

“To the hill” he held Eunmi’s hand and walked to the hill.

“Why are you still holding that balloon? It’s embarrassing” Doojoon looked at the pink balloon.

“Because it’s pink and it has something written on it” Eunmi smiled. “It’s just a stupid proposal” he smirked.

“Who said I agree to be your girlfriend?” Doojoon suddenly stopped walking. Eunmi laugh when looking at his expression.

“I was just joking. Come on” she grabbed his hand.

“So you really....” Doojoon lost his words.

“Yes. Why? You’re just joking?”

“I never thought you would accept it. I thought you do that because of the children”

“Not really but if you don’t want me to be your girlfriend, let’s just do it for them” she smiled.

Doojoon fake a smile. They continued walking and climbed the hill. As they reach at the top, Eunmi laid back on the big tree and let out a big sigh. As for Doojoon, he climbed up to the tree house and silent for some time.

Eunmi called his name several times but he didn’t answer. She mustered her strength and climbed the ladder to the tree house. Half of the way, she reversed back to the ground and just lay back on the tree.

“What is he doing up there? I want to go up there but...it’s too high” Eunmi sighed. Suddenly, the fine day turned to a wet season. The rain was pouring heavily so Eunmi stood and tried to stay away from the rain.

“Eunmi-ah, climb the ladder. The weather is not good” he called from the tree house.

“You should tell me sooner. The ladder is slippery!” Eunmi shouted as she failed to get on the ladder.

She tried again and made to get up there. He took a towel for her and himself. Doojoon made a warm chocolate for her and sat next to her. He suddenly kissed her cheek, smiling brightly.

“I want you to know, you’re a gift to me..”

~*~

“Junhyung, actually I want to say something. Something you need to know” Eunmi bit her down lip.

“Just tell me” Junhyung took his drinking bottle from the bag and drank it.

“I...I...I like you. More than friends” Junhyung stopped and looked at Eunmi. She was too shy her eyes were on the grass all the time. Junhyung sighed.

 “Oh, I gotta go. My friends are waiting for me” Junhyung looked at his phone screen.

He took his bag and left the field in hurry. Eunmi didn’t get to say goodbye because she was stoned. Her vision went blurry and her legs can’t stay any longer. She kneeled on the grass and try not to cry but it’s too late. Tears fell down on her cheek and soon, the rain came down. She just sat there, doing nothing and let the rain wet her uniform. No one was there with her when she needs one.

 

I opened my eyes, hoping for a good day today. It was clam but my surrounding wasn’t like my room. I look around and saw Doojoon was smiling next to the bed. Next to him was a man in white uniform, doctor? Where am I?

“You’re awake. It’s been a while” he said.

The doctor checked my heartbeat and later walked out from the room, followed by Doojoon.

My hands felt so weak but I can move them like I used to. Many questions were on my head that I wanted to know the answer. It felt like I’ve been silent for such a long time.

“Eunmi..”

Doojoon walked inside the room with a smile. He said something but I could barely hear. I looked at him in confused and he sighed.

“It’s okay. You might want to know why you’re here and what happened, but not now. I’ll tell you later. Doctor said you can go home today since your condition is good. So, let’s go home”

He helped me up and got everything ready for me. He sent me home and there I met the person I missed the most, my mom.

She hugged me and I could see tears in her eyes. Did I leave the home too long?

“Why are you here?” I looked at Doojoon.

“Honey, how could you say that? He’s been taking care of you for months when you were in coma”

My mom answered. I was in coma?

“It’s okay. Maybe you couldn’t remember everything for now. Take a lot of rest. I’ll drop by tomorrow”

He left as the sound of the car engine was no longer heard.

During night, I hugged my dad when he got home –probably just got back from work. He talked so much about missing me and I could just smile.

I wandered around in my room, remembering everything look just the same. Three balloons were still there, just like in my dreams. Suddenly a message was on the phone screen. A beep sound was heard.

Welcome home! ^^

From: Junhyung oppa.

I stoned. He remembered me? I replied to him saying that I miss him so much. He didn’t reply. As I was about to walked out from the room, the phone beep again.

I miss you too, baby . Sorry I didn’t have a chance to hang out with you.  Glad you’re awake now. I have some works, I’ll drop by when I’m free. I love you, jagiya ^^

From: Junhyung oppa.

I smiled at those words. I wonder how did we get together. I tried to think but my head felt a shock of pain. I sat at the bed and try to calm myself. Maybe I’m still weak.