Was he the reason of my tears?

Forbidden Feeling

 

Ding! Dong!

I opened the door as I saw Sunhwa and Jieun through the hole on the door. We hugged tightly to express our feeling.

“I missed you so much! How are you?” Sunhwa’s tone was high in excitement.

“I missed you too! I’m fine. How did you two know that I got home?”

“Our old friends told me you’re awake. Glad you’re fine. I was terrified that you were unconscious”

They seemed worried about me. I’m afraid I missed so much things. I smiled and pulled them inside.

“We really need to polish my memory. Come inside”

We sat at the living room and they told me everything she know. My mom took out a lot of albums since I was kid like I really lost my memory.

“Omma, I knew my childhood. You don’t have to talk about the baby part”

We laughed but my mom just smiled. She went to the kitchen to continue cooking while Jieun continue telling me memories that faded inside my head.

“How did I fell unconscious?” I asked.

“You didn’t know? The lift wasn’t function so you took stairs to go down. It was raining badly and you slipped on the stairs. Your neighbour found you on the ground and your head bleeding, knocking the wall. Hard”

“How long?”

Sunhwa sighed. She looked at the table calendar, flipping the pages.

“Three months”

“Yesterday Junhyung texted me. He said he miss me so much!” I told them in excitement.

Jieun frowned and looked at me in disbelieve. I showed her my phone and she read it, but didn’t give any expression. She sighed and looked at me deep in the eye.

“I must have forgotten to tell you about the days with Junhyung and Doojoon, didn’t I?”

I bit my lower lip. She must have something bad to say. I can read her eyes.

“When you confessed to Junhyung a year ago, he ignored you. But several days later, I told you he was with Hyuna. You were no longer a happy, cheerful Eunmi that I know. Because you were heartbroken. Because you kept your feeling towards Junhyung for three years. Remember the days you first met Doojoon? He was such a nice guy. You went to school like the happiest girl ever. You even got into relationship with him” She explained.

“I did? So it wasn’t a dream? Because I think I dreamed of everything you said” I widen my eyes.

“The doctor said when you were in coma, your brain will replay your memories again. It’s not that actually lost your memory”

She stopped. I tried to remember again what I experienced in my dream.

“But Eunmi, you have one weakness, most of every night, you would dream about Junhyung. Your heart miss him so much that you cried. And you told me once, you will wake up every 2.30 in the morning  after you had that dream. You called Doojoon whenever you’re crying and he’ll accompany you until you fell asleep again. Poor that guy”

“He really did that?”

“Yeah. You’re so lucky to have that kind of boyfriend. You shouldn’t let him down, Eunmi” Sunhwa smiled.

 “B-but the message..?” my voice stuttered.

“That one.. oh, I remembered now. That was Doojoon. You couldn’t forget about that J guy so you put his name on Doojoon’s number in the phonebook”

 

“When will you go to sleep?” he asked through the video chat we’re using.

“I don’t know. I’m not sleepy yet” I pouted.

“It’s been a week we didn’t meet. Isn’t that right Miss Han Eunmi?” Junhyung asked politely.

“Yes Mr Yong Junhyung. If you didn’t accept Mr Yang’s work at the lab for 3 weeks, we probably having fun at the theme park by now” I chuckled.

“After the work, I’ll hang out with you okay? Eunmi, I miss you” he smiled.

“Aww. I miss you too” I do the aegyo. He laughed.

 

 

I looked away in disappointment. Drops of my tears fell onto my hand. I forced myself to smile, thinking positive to have Doojoon as my boyfriend now.

“Why would I cry for him? He’s nothing. Sunhwa, he’s nothing”

I hugged her tightly.

“I knew this wouldn’t end. Cry as loud as you can. Let it all gone and start a new life” Jieun caressed my back slowly.

 

~*~

“I’ll take care of her. Goodbye” Doojoon went inside the car.

“Bye bye omma” Eunmi waved at her mom before getting inside the car.

He started the engine and drove off. Doojoon was concentrating on the driving so Eunmi couldn’t talk about anything. She broke the silent a moment later.

“Why are we wearing so formal?” she asked.

“Because we have to”

“Why did you urge me to wear this dress?”

“Because it’ll waste my money if you don’t wear it tonight”

“Where are we going today?”

“Somewhere” he replied coldly.

“And where is that?” she emphasize the word ‘where’.

“You forgot?” he asked, still looking straight in front.

Eunmi looked at the watch for the date. It reads: 7.58p.m; 24th Nov. She couldn’t think of anything so she sat silent, a little bit annoyed by his cold answers.

As they arrive at restaurant, Doojoon gave his key to a boy to park his car. They went inside and sat at the reserved table. There wasn’t many customers. Only several tables were occupied. The decorations of the restaurant was simple and classic. Ballad songs were played along the time they sat there.

“Why are we here?”

“You really forgot?” Doojoon pouted. He even tried to do aegyo in front of her.

“Uhm…”

Then a waiter brought a cake and put in front of Eunmi. A candle was lit up and the waiter walked away.

Happy 1 year Anniversary baby

Eunmi smiled brightly then looked at Doojoon. Her smile grew wider. Doojoon shift his place, bringing his chair and sat next to her.

“Do you know how hurt it was to celebrate anniversary alone? You’ve been away too long. And I missed you”

She caressed his cheek, tears formed in her eyes. She was speechless.

“Hey, don’t cry. We didn’t come here all away to cry” he wiped off the tears rolled on her cheek with his thumb.

She blew the candle and smiled. Doojoon took the knife on the side and they cut the cake together. He cut a small piece and let her taste it. She nodded and does the same to him. In silent, Doojoon put some cream on Eunmi’s nose, making her startled and giggled.

“Happy Anniversary” he kissed on her forehead.

Doojoon excuse himself as the phone rang. She wiped off the cream off her nose with her handkerchief. When she looked to the side, a flash of Junhyung’s figure appeared between the partitions. She stood up and went after the man.

As she was out from the restaurant, the man was gone. She looked around but he was nowhere to be found.

“Looking for me?”

A voice appeared behind.

She turned around and saw Junhyung was smiling at her.

“Junhyung? So it was you”

“Where have you been? I didn’t see you in a while. You moved?”

She shook her head. She stated that she still live in the same place. They didn’t talk too long since Junhyung have to go. He gave his name card and bid farewell to her. Eunmi looked excited to see him again. She then walked back inside and saw Doojoon’s worried face.

“Where did you go?”

“Outside. I met Junhyung” she smiled.

“He was here?”

“Accidentally. I’m sorry I made you worried”

She sat as their meal arrived. They ate silently and Eunmi know why.

“I ruined our anniversary, didn’t I?”

He shook his head slowly. He know Eunmi still have that feeling. The feeling that probably he couldn’t feel from her. He continued to eat and sometimes looked at her silently.