The best for us

Forbidden Feeling

 

‘I know I’m nothing, Eunmi. I know you accept me so you could forget him. But you actually can’t. I know you didn’t accept me because you have the same feeling like what I feel right now. But don’t you worry, I’ll be here when you need me. I just want you to be happy’

~*~

“What do you think?” Eunmi asked, looking at his reflection on the mirror.

“It looks perfect. Can you breathe in it?” he asked back at her.

“I think so. Uhm..miss, can you add a lace at this part?” the woman nodded her head and do as she was asked right away.

Doojoon just looked at her from head to toe, smiling with what he saw. He’s done with the tuxedo. He was expecting this day to come since long time ago.

“Oppa, could you please text my mom, tell her I’ll be a little late. Use my phone in the bag”

He opened the bag and took the phone. Then, he sneaks into her phonebook. He scrolled down and saw Junhyung’s name but on his number. Feeling disappointed, he exit the menu and put the phone back inside the bag.

Eunmi was busy trying the shoes so he just sat at the couch, waiting for her. As she finished, they went for a walk at the park.

‘If only I could hold your hand, just like how I hold his hand right now, it would be so nice. Doojoon, please help me. I can’t forget him. I like you but I still love him. I really don’t want to hurt you’

“You want ice-cream?” Doojoon asked.

“I would love too. You know what I like” she smiled while watching her boyfriend buy the ice-cream from the ice-cream truck.

“Here” he gave her and unwrapped his.

“Doojoon oppa” a voice called his name.

They looked around and saw little Saekyung and her friends running towards them. They brought balloons with them and certainly looked very happy.

“Saekyung-ah. Ah, you brought your friends” Doojoon could see the children were gathering around Eunmi and not him.

“Hey, you stole my popularity!” she just laughed and ignored him.

“Oppa didn’t go to kindergarten anymore? We miss you and you didn’t miss us” Saekyung pouted.

Doojoon pinched her cheek and hold her hand.

“Okay children, let’s go to kindergarten~!” he said cheerfully.

The children cheered along and they walked to the kindergarten, leaving Eunmi behind.

“Hyung so bad. Leave noona behind. Let’s go together” a boy held her hand. She smiled and walked along the path to the kindergarten.

When the traffic light turned green, Eunmi and the boy stopped and waited for their turn to cross. Then, a car was speeding and the turbo could be heard from far. As the car passed Eunmi, she saw the driver was Junhyung and someone next to him. Woman. Probably Hyuna. She thought to herself.

‘Why does it feel so hurt when I think about you, Junhyung? Even if you’re not with her, it felt hurt. When you appear in front of me, I feel so happy and hurt at the same time. How could I ever stop hoping on you?’

“Noona, it’s our turn to cross” the boy pulled her hand.

She quickly led the boy crossed the road. She wiped off her tears with her back hands as they stood on the other side.

“Noona, don’t cry. Are you okay?”

“Noona is fine. Come, they must be waiting for us”

As they arrived at the kindergarten, Doojoon looked at her with worried face. The boy let go her hand and run to his friends and Doojoon walked towards her.

“Don’t cry. You saw him, didn’t you?” he put both of his hands on her cheeks, wiping the tears with his thumbs.

“I’m okay”

She bit her lips, forcing herself not to cry. She raised her head and smiled at him. He reassured her again and she gave the same answer. Both of them joined the children and played like they always do. Doojoon moved closer to Eunmi and whispered to her.

“I love you”

~*~

‘It is the moment I’ve been waiting in my life. With the man who is always there for me. Eventhough he wasn’t the man I expected, I know it has been written for us. Sooner or later, I will forget who he is. Junhyung, you missed a precious girl like me. You’re a bad man…’

Knock! Knock!

“Come in” I said.

“You look gorgeous” Sunhwa and Jieun walked towards me.

“Thank you” I smiled brightly.

“I hope you’re happy with him. I know you’ll be. Forget that J guy. I can’t believe you’re getting married this fast!” she said, disbelief.

I laughed and nudged her. She helped me wear the tiara. The dress looked perfectly just like what I have in my head. I didn’t tie my hair as it was set loosely curled. Since I have bangs, it was parted half. Suddenly Sunhwa put a necklace around my neck saying that it belongs to my mom. It was a heart-shaped with a diamond at the center.

“I still love him” I mumbled while looking at the mirror.

“Eunmi, stop it. You’re too obsessed with him. He doesn’t deserve you. I can’t bear to see you acting like this anymore. What will Doojoon say if he heard about this? Poor him”

“Jieun, what do you think? Do you think he’ll come?” She looked at me in confusion.

“What do I think? I think you should smile and be nervous right now because it’s the time” Jieun pointed to my dad who was waiting on the door.

I walked towards my dad. He smiled while holding both of my hands. Sunhwa covered my face with the veils and four of us walked out.

The wedding was held at my backyard since it was big enough for the guests. Sunhwa and Jieun helped me invite the guests. I hoped for one person to come, eventhough I shouldn’t hope for that person to come.

As I walked along the path with my dad beside me, the guests stood up so I just smiled. There he was. The man waited in front there in complete tuxedo and bright smile. He was handsome. More handsome than the usual days with him.

My steps were closer to him. All the time I was staring at him. Thinking how handsome he was. My eyes suddenly attracted by a man on the right. He was wearing suit and standing there with a smile. The person I waited to come. I beg myself not to look at him. I sighed and smile as I finally stood in front of him.

My dad kissed my forehead and connected my right hand with his. Doojoon flicked the veil to reveal my face. He smiled and I felt shy as he looked me in the eyes. We followed what the priest said while looking at each other.

“You may now kiss the bride” the priest smiled.

This is it. I’ll be his wife. I glanced at the person over Doojoon’s shoulder, he was smiling. Does he really want me to be Doojoon’s wife? He really doesn’t have any feeling towards me?

We smiled as he leaned forward and kiss my lips. His hands were on my waist while my hands hooked on his neck. I felt shy to kiss in front of other people. I giggled as we end the kiss. He pulled me closer and we walked on the path again. Rose petals were thrown to us along the way. When we stood at the door, I threw my bouquet over my head and many girls tried to get it. As I far as I knew, Jieun got the bouquet. Lucky girl.