I'm Yours

Forbidden Feeling

 

They had a dinner at night. Most of the guests were Doojoon’s and Eunmi’s old friends. He was wearing dark grey suit while she wore a short white dress. They walked from tables to tables to greet their friends. And of course, that person was there too. He was alone. Eunmi wanted to walk to his table but Doojoon took her to his friends’ table. Most of them are guys. He looked happy. Therefore Eunmi felt happy too.

“Baby, I want to go to that table for a while” she asked him.

“Okay” he kissed her forehead and let go her waist.

She walked to that person. He was drinking a punch alone. Eunmi greet people along the way and as she stood next to him, he smiled. He stood up and gave a signal to follow him somewhere. They walked outside the hall and stood near a car.

“Congratulations” he held out a hand.

“Thank you” she shook his hand.

It was silent. He didn’t talk. The environment was quite awkward. The cold breeze that touched her leg sent shiver down to the spine. They seemed like have nothing to talk about.

“You..”

“You..”

They said in unison. Accidentally.

“You look beautiful tonight, Eunmi” he smiled.

“Oh, thank you. You look great too. I never see you in suit before” she smiled, trying to get rid of this awkwardness.

Then, silent again. Suddenly Jieun came towards them.

“Eunmi, Doojoon is looking for you. Go” she pushed her. Probably to prevent her stay in the awkward situation even longer.

“Junhyung, now she belongs to someone else. I want her to move on and forget you. So do you. It was hurt enough for her to be rejected by you”

“Who said I rejected her?” Junhyung asked coldly.

“I like her-no. I love her. I have my own reason for not saying ‘yes I like you too’ at her” he continued and walked inside the hall, leaving Jieun alone.

She sighed and walked back inside the hall.

The groom and the bride had their dance as a ballad song was played. Some couples joined them while Sunhwa and Jieun secretly snapped their picture dancing together.

“Sunhwa, don’t tell Eunmi that we know what’s going on actually” she whispered.

“I know. I just want her to be happy. It’s time for her to feel happiness” Sunhwa smiled.

“Do you think she’s having the dream again?”

Sunhwa shrugged her shoulders.

~*~

I looked inside the refrigerator for something. I wasn’t sure what to find but let’s just kept looking. Nothing. So I looked in the cabinet.

“These can be use” a smile carved.

I put some flour, eggs, some sugar into a bowl. While batter, I put some small chopped blueberry into the bowl. I the fire and pour some oil in the frying pan. When it was hot enough, I pour the mixture, not too thick and easy to eat.

Suddenly I felt two hands were hugging my waist and a head was resting on my shoulder.

“Smells good, baby” I smiled.

He kissed my cheek and hugged me even tighter. I put the bowl aside and he quickly pulled me behind, cuddling me from behind.

“I woke up and you’re gone. I miss you” he said childish. I chuckled and turned my body around, facing him.

“I’m preparing breakfast of course. Aww.. You miss me?” I put my hands around his neck and kissed his lips. He smiled between the kisses and replied back.

I smelled something burning so I quickly checked over the pancake. He laughed evilly and kissed my forehead before leaving the kitchen. Probably taking shower first.

“Aigoo. You left just like that?” I rolled my eyes and cook the new one.

When I finished preparing the breakfast, I went to the room. He might need his clothes to be ready but once I entered the room, he was sleeping. I giggled at the way he curled himself like a baby. I sat next to him to wake him up.

“Wake up. You’re going to be late for work” I shook his body.

“Work? We’re supposed to go for honeymoon, not work. Come, let’s sleep again”

He pulled my body, making me lay down next to him. His hands were hugging me and his legs were trapping me so I couldn’t move. I looked at his sleeping face, such a view. I closed my eyes while hugging him back. I could felt the warmth of his hug. It feels like I’m dreaming when I experience this kind of thing.

“Okay, wake up” he pecked my lips and got off the bed.

He left me alone. What kind of guy is he? I got off too and walked out from the room. When I reached the kitchen, he wasn’t there.

“Gotcha!” he snatched me from behind and cuddled. He tickled me, making me laughed.

“You’re mean” I pouted.

“What did I do? I can’t stop loving you. How is that making me mean?” he laughed again.

“You left when the pancake burnt and you startled me just now. You are mean” I escaped from his hug and walked to the sink.

“That’s not mean. You want to know something even mean? Putting my phone number with other people name. That is mean” he pouted.

“No I’m not. Go and check again” I glared. He took my phone and search for his name.

I changed the name. I hope he’s not angry..

“Doo ajusshi????!!!” he shouted.

I laughed. I took the phone from him and showed his the real one.

“Doo ajusshi is my father’s friend. He’s the owner of the mini market. You should look at your face just now” I couldn’t hold my laugh and hugged his waist.

“Aegi? I don’t want” he pouted again and looked away. Childish way.

“Fine. I’ll just delete the name and the number then” I lied while glaring at him.

He did aegyo, pleading me not to do so. I put the phone on the dining table and hugged him again. He signalled me that he was hungry and I heard his tummy grumbling. He sat on the chair and I helped him served the pancake with syrup and tea. I guess our married life began perfectly.

~*~

Eunmi suddenly woke up at 2.30a.m. Her breathing was heavy. As if Doojoon could sense, he woke up and check out on his wife.

“Why?”

“I had a dream. About him. Again”

Doojoon hugged her tight, saying it would be fine. Eunmi looked up at his face, giving a worried expression.

“You want to talk until you feel tired again?”

She nodded. They started to talk about what happened today at the office but that wasn’t enough to make her feel tired. So they changed to other topic. Sometimes, Doojoon talked about random things around him to make her laugh, or even mad.

“Why you care about me?” Eunmi bit her lip.

“Because I hate to see you sad and cry” he moved away her hair that covered her face.

“But we’ve been married for four months and obviously this kind of thing happen, still” her voice went slower.

“I’d do everything to make your smile stay forever. It doesn’t matter if you can’t forget about him. Someday, you will. In our life, everything comes and go. God prepared the best for us to stay and made us happy”

He put a bitter smile on his face. He looked up on the ceiling and put his hand behind his head. Eunmi felt guilty on bringing that up. She hugged him and hummed random songs. He chuckled.

“That’s my favourite song”

“I know” Eunmi smiled.

“Remember when you said I’m a gift for you? It was the first time someone said that to me” she chuckled and keep herself quite. When she looked at him, he was smiling.

“Baby, we never had honeymoon. You never touch me” Eunmi stared at him.

“I want to do it once you accept me for who I am. Not the fake Junhyung” he said coldly.

“Are you mad?”

“Yes. So?”

“Oh. Because I thought if you’re not mad, I want to start our honeymoon right now” she smiled.

Doojoon stared at her, disbelief. He signalled to reassure her again. She smiled and nodded.

 

-This is not the end-