11th Step

Until you can run away from me

“But the dream of something unlikely has its own special name. We call it hope.” 

 

The Orange Girl, Jostein Gaarder

 

 ♦ Jinki 

 

“Very well Jinki-ssi!” The nurse said while Jinki tried to move his legs along the carpet, holding both bars beside him.

He still couldn’t move his legs but he was starting to be able to place his feet on the floor while he supported himself.

It was a week ever since he decided to be serious about it and he was making progress, slowly but he was.

That day he was doing his absolute best because Ha Yun was there watching him.

They didn’t sleep together after that time because she was working all the night shifts lately, arriving late at night and studying half through it. But that night they would be alone again, since her exam to enter college was already done and she was free and he wanted to woo her.

Just the thought that he would be able to kiss and touch her again made him stronger.

“Wow!” The nurse exclaimed seeing Jinki support his weight with his arms and raise one leg slightly. “Really, really well done!” The nurse applauded and Jinki gazed at the end of the room were Ha Yun was watching.

She smiled brightly at him as if she was truly watching a miracle and he couldn’t feel happier.

It was thanks to her. If only she knew it, if only she acknowledged it.

“Well it’s enough for today!” the doctor said pulling the wheelchair closer to the bars.

“No I want to do it longer.” the change on his attitude seemed to confuse Ha Yun that walked closer to help him sit on the wheelchair.

“No way!” the doctor said scolding him “You can’t get your arms too tired. You made more progress in one week here than you did ever since the start. Congratulations Jinki.”

He smiled victoriously sitting on the chair and Ha Yun massaged his shoulders gently.

It was the most body contact they had ever since that night and he didn’t want her to go away so he grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to him.

The doctor kneeled in front of Jinki and started massaging his leg “Can you feel anything?”

Jinki didn’t release Ha Yun even though he was concentrated on the touch of the doctor’s hand.

“I do...I feel it…”

“This are really good news. You are slowly recovering the sensibility in your legs and with that the control on them. You managed to place your feet on the floor today, even though you couldn’t support your weight and you raised our leg a little bit.

“Will I be able to walk?” Jinki asked his hands grasping Ha Yun’s arm.

“Well if you keep working like this I’m sure you will!”

That was the best news ever and Jinki couldn’t wait to tell his parents about it. His hands moved from her arm down to Ha Yun’ hand, that he grabbed as if it was the most natural thing ever.

 

Text-Divider.png

 

 ♦ Ha Yun 

 

That night Ha Yun showed up with chicken and beer for them to celebrate.

It was their little secret, like she said again, and both ate and drank the beer until late, talking about nonsense and Ha Yun’s work. Jinki also mentioned his parents because he shared the news of his almost certain recovery with them.

“Your mother must be truly happy!” Ha Yun remarked looking at him, with her elbows on the table.

“Yes and it’s thanks to you!”

“Me?” His comment surprised her a little like most of his actions did lately.

Ever since they slept together he was different. He was always in a good mood, he treated her gently all the time with no more arguments or rude comments, he was doing super well at physiotherapy, he would grab her hand for no reason like he did early that day in the hospital and now that…

She thought that after they had things would get confusing and awkward between them but it didn’t. It was as if they shared a special secret, and they were more intimate now. The previous day he even rolled around on his chair in his underwear as if she wasn’t in the living room.

Maybe he saw her now as a partner, as well as a friend. She wasn’t sure if that was what she wanted but she wasn’t going to back away now.

If , loving Jinki, was making him feel better, than Ha Yun would do it. She loved him enough to do it. It wasn’t a punishment to her, it was pleasure and she would lie if she said that she didn’t long for his touch again.

“Yes you! The one who screamed and loved me until I took the decision of actually do something to walk again!”

She chuckled with his comment and he grabbed her wrist pulling her to him. Ha Yun blinked her eyes surprised when his lips crushed against hers in the sweetest of the kisses. Of course she melted into the kiss and she easily let herself be pulled next to him, raising herself from her chair and to his lap.

He broke the kiss then and Ha Yun looked at him a little embarrassed. It was her first time sitting on his lap...well technically she sat over him when they had but still...

He caressed her neck gently, under her hair, his eyes on her making her nervous.

“Let’s eat like this!” He said rubbing his nose on her neck making Ha Yun bit her lip in pleasure.

She was afraid to get used to that and lose it but at the same time she wanted to enjoy every little bit of those moments of affection.

“I’m full though…” She said awkwardly and he laughed, moving his fingers on her hand that was over her legs.

“I’m full too...maybe we should go to bed.”

Bed….together?! She looked at Jinki questioning him with her eyes.

He didn’t answer and instead moved his hands to the wheels of his chair moving it with both on it.

“NO…” she complained “It’s too heavy!” He ignored Ha Yun grabbing her back with his arm, pulling her closer to him. He was strong, she knew he was, his muscles were a little rusty since he was sick now but they were now being stimulated at therapy and she still could feel his muscles when they had , and could see how his arms were strong moving the wheelchair as if it was nothing.

“Let me take you to bed. I can’t walk with you in my arms but at least I can do it like this!”

There she had her answer and Ha Yun didn’t know what to say back to that. Instead she wrapped her arms around him and let him roll the wheelchair to the bedroom.

That night they slept together for the second time. It was different this time. He was more active, more caring of her needs and they took a longer time exploring each other. She still had to stay on top of course, but this time Jinki kissed and touched all the places on her body he could reach and it was a totally different experience. They used the last too and when he said that he could buy more she realized that wasn’t going to be the last time. They would keep having after that so she wondered if she shouldn’t start taking birth control pills instead.

She shared that with him, waiting for his reaction, her body over his, his hands under her s his lips hovering on her .

“If that’s more comfortable for you, it’s ok for me.”

They were like a couple discussing their ual life and Ha Yun let herself fall into the fantasy that they were truly in love with each other, that her feelings were reciprocated.

He helped her settle over him and she started moving making both moan of pleasure.

He couldn’t move his hips but this time he could feel her more over his, her thighs rubbing against his and he was vocal about it, whispering on her ear how good she felt.

It was enough to make her come and this time she was the one who had to make an effort to keep moving to make him come too.

She didn’t move right away because he was holding her in his embrace very firmly and she truly didn’t want to move from his embrace.

He kissed her slowly, his fingers caressing her cheek and down to her sweaty neck and Ha Yun caressed his chest satisfied. She didn’t want that to stop ever. She knew that someday he wouldn’t be hers anymore but for now she never wanted to leave that bed anymore.

“Sleep with me. “ Jinki asked, his fingers caressing her collarbone softly and down to her erect s, admiring the way her skin reacted to his touch.

“I will.”

“And tomorrow and...and after…” He swallowed out of breath, still recovering from the and Ha Yun rubbed her nose against his cheek overwhelmed with all she was feeling.

“I mean...move to this room with me. Stay every night, sleep with me everynight.”

His request made her whimper of happiness and she wrapped her arms around his neck, hiding her face against him.

Ha Yun was so happy she could die but at the same time she was sad because once the time came to say goodbye it would hurt a whole lot more.

Still she mumbled a yes against his skin, kissing his chest and he hugged her tightly.