Second Chance

Chances

                                      Dong Wan checked his climbing gears thoroughly.He could not wait to start his activity.It is the only way he could clear his mind. He wanted it to be free from a guy named Min Woo. The said name was once a resident in his brain. It was used to bring him a smile everytime Min Woo 's face appeared but at the moment, it only brought pain and sorrow. He refused to acknowledge that the dancer of the group had saved him. He did not want any help from him anymore. Not after what had happened between them two. He took a glance of his equipments. A compass took his attention and it brought him to the past.The first acquaintace of him with the compass.

 

"Dong Wan~~ this one looks cool!", Min Woo took a compass out of its glass shelf.

It was Dong Wan's first mountain. He decided to tell Min Woo about his new interest and Min Woo supported him with his whole heart. At the first glance,Dong Wan knew it did not cost only a penny to get it. The box looked exclusive and the design was so unique but Dong Wan never wanted a classy ones. He did not want to trouble Min Woo as well.

 

"Min Woo,it's too expensive. Let's take a look somewhere else",Dong Wan said. 

Almost to a whisper because he did not want the promoter to hear it. Min Woo shook his head. He analyze the compass more and took aclose look to make sure it was functioning.

 

"No.It has to be this one. I want you to have this so that you will remember me everytime you climb mountains. So that, you will always come back to me",Min Woo spoke while looking at Dong Wan's eyes.

Dong Wan melted into the loving gaze. He leaned closer to lessen their gaps and Min Woo took the chance to unite their lips.

 

"We'll take this one",Min Woo gave it to the promoter without removing his eyes from Dong Wan. The other person let out a sweet smile seeing how lovey dovey the couple in front of her. Min Woo let out a soft chuckle when he saw how red Dong Wan's cheeks were. He was shy and that made him cute.

 

"I can't imagine how will you react when we buy our wedding rings", Min Woo said out of sudden and gave his lover his eye smile trademark.

Dong Wan hid his blushing face from Min Woo but underneath his hands, he smiled widely because he felt happiness was surrounding him.

 

 

The witty guy had no choice but to bring the compass along.He did not buy another one since then. Besides, it still worked perfectly. Or, maybe that was an excuse for him just to feel near to Min Woo. He was hurt, yes, but, he could not deny his longing to the person who was once his lover.

"Why,Min Woo? Why did you do that?",Dong Wan's tears fell down when he recalled the bad memory. The memory that crumbled everything he had with Min Woo.

 

                 Min Woo sneezed at the bush outside Dong Wan's house. It was freezing outside but he did not bother. One of his spies told him Dong Wan would go to mountain climbing.He expected that,but what he had not was Dong Wan chose a snowy mountain. He was worried. He knew Dong Wan never tried that course.He could not let Dong Wan went there only by himself. He felt that he was needed to protect Dong Wan even though the slightly taller man did not ask for it. He always felt responsible for anything related to Dong Wan. After a few hours of not too deep sleeping in his car, Min Woo saw Dong Wan got out from his building. He saw Dong Wan was wrapped in a few layers of thick clothes. So did he, because he was prepared for everything. It did not take long for Dong Wan to depart from his home by his car and that was the que for Min Woo to start his engine.

 

       The time taken for them to reach the hillside was two hours. It was really a steep mountain and that made Min Woo thought that he made the right decision to follow his beloved one. He took a look around and was afraid to see how white the mountain was. The snow was thick and the temperature was believed as -14°c. He cursed when he saw how fast Dong Wan was walking towards the prepared track. He followed behind,not too close but near enough not to lose Dong Wan from his sight.

 

        Kim Dong Wan stared at the ceiling of the earth. Seeing a clear blue sky relieved him from everything. It freed his mind from his problem. He was so determined to reach at the peak so that he could scream Hyesung's name. A smile leered on his lips when he imagined how Hyesung would be proud of him. With that,he started climbing the steep white mountain, till he forgot to see the covered board there saying,

"Danger. Today, there will be a snow storm. Do not climb!!"

 

    Lee Min Woo noticed the board right away when he caught it using his eyes. He dug his pocket for his phone but it was useless. There was no signal. That would be probably the same with Dong Wan too. He had no choice other than followed him with his own feet. He felt uneasy when he saw nobody around. Not even the tour guide. Dong Wan must be crazy to choose this place! , was what he had in his mind. He tried to run but it was impossible with the big backpack he had on. He regretted a little but he erased the feeling as soon as he remembered Dong Wan would be alone in the dangerous mountain. 

 

 

AN: see u in the next chapter.