First Chance

Chances

                    The actor cursed under his breath. He should have known the consequences of not eating on time. He had the disease, he always has and he is conscious about it. However, he ignored it for the sake of the rehearsal. He did not want to trouble others for only a little problem. He took a step forward, but his legs were refusing what his brain had planned. They went weak without him permitted it. He did not have any choice other than leaning to the wall for support. It was late and people were leaving. Who would notice Kim Dong Wan had gone missing? They all have family to go home to while he is not. He felt sad for a while thinking that. He shook the thought off. He tried to stand up straight but he could feel his legs were wobbling, refusing to hold him up anymore.

 

At that crucial time, he felt his pocket vibrated. It took so much effort for him to put out the phone from his jeans. He was thankful for the call actually. He was desperate to be saved. He did not want to be passed out alone. Heck, he did not bother to look who was calling. His shaking fingers slid the screen.

 

"Help me....” he managed to croak his voice out weakly.

 

He did not even know who he was talking to. He just wanted to be saved. That thought lingered in his mind before he felt his eyes were getting heavy. He was losing his consciousness before he heard the voice from the other line.

 

"Dong Wan!!” a familiar voice was screaming to the phone.

 

“Min Woo….” his eyes swelled with tears before his view was totally black out.

Lee Min Woo stepped on the accelerator. It was him, the person who called Dong Wan. He was in the middle of going to a meeting and wanted to ask about Dong Wan’s meal since he knew that guy would skip. Min Woo knew that the passionate side of Dong Wan would bring him trouble. Sometimes, he even forgot what he was saying when he had hypoglycemia. He knew it was weird when Dong Wan answered the call. The witty guy won’t answer his calls but if he did, then, it meant something had happened.

The panicked guy cursed when he saw the light had turned into red. He punched the steering and counted every second impatiently. He swore the light like it would make it faster. He accelerated his car when he saw the rehearsal studio building. Once he parked his car, he got out and ran fast to search for Dong Wan. People were leaving and when he asked, they said they had not seen the actor after all. It took a few minutes but eventually, he found the unconscious one. He immediately advanced to the unmoving body. The eyes were closed and that increased Min Woo’s worry.

 

It took less than a breath for Min Woo to take Dong Wan into his embrace. He lifted the witty guy like he did not weigh at all. He carried him all the way to his car and sent him to the hospital. It was dramatic when he yelled in the emergency room. He screamed his lungs out just to call the nurses and doctors. The attendants put the fainted guy in a stretcher and made sure Min Woo to calm down. One of them directed him to call relatives to inform about Dong Wan whereabouts and Min Woo nodded while his eyes never escaped from Dong Wan until the door was closed.

He sat on the bench and scrolled his phone. He sent messages to other members saying Dong Wan was at the hospital. And then, he sent one to Dong Wan’s mother but made sure she did not have to worry. The chat room was in chaos, but he could not care less. His mind was too clouded with Dong Wan, made him silent. The last message he read was they would come, because, not long after that, the doctor came out from the closed door. He immediately stood up and approached the doctor with frowned eyebrows. It was because the doctor was smiling.

 

“He is fine. He was too tired but you have to make sure he eats when he awakes. Don’t worry. You can see him now”, the doctor patted his back.

 

Min Woo was relieved. The doctor told him it was nothing serious but Lee Min Woo never took things lightly. Dong Wan however, had to be detained in ward till he gained his consciousness.

 

Min Woo settled down on the stool next to the unconscious one’s bed. He held the cold hands into his and gripped it tight. Then, he moved it to his cheeks. He brought their intertwined hands to his lips and kissed it. He missed it. He missed Dong Wan’s touches. Call him a coward, he did not care. He would only get the chance when Dong Wan was not awake. If the said name knew, he won’t even let him got near him. He inserted his hope together with the kiss, wishing the witty guy would never get into that kind of situation anymore. He wished Dong Wan would always be protected from harm.

 

He removed Dong Wan's bangs from the forehead and wiped the sweating face.

 

"Dong Wan....Kim Dong Wan... It’s me…” were the only words he could think of.

 

He rested his head next to Dong Wan after he said that and waited for the said name to open his eyes. He wanted to admit proudly that it was him who brought him there. A mischievous smile formed when he thought how Dong Wan would thank him and hugged him. He had wished those because he longed for it. However, the moment was crushed when his phone rang, screaming for him to answer. He cursed but he did not want to disturb the fainted guy, so he took the call outside. After he landed his lips on Dong Wan's forehead, he briefly walked out of the room.

 

"Hyung, you need to be here now. The music director had been waiting.” his manager urged him.

 

Min Woo slapped his own forehead. He forgot that he had meetings with the music directors. He was in the way meeting them in the first place.

 

"I'll come now", he told his manager and hung up.

 

"Sorry, Dong Wan. I have to go." he whispered to himself and proceeded to the room to say goodbye.

 

However, it shocked him a ton when he saw Dong Wan has been awake. It was supposed to be a good thing but what broke his heart was when he saw Dong Wan was hugging Hye Sung and raining the pretty guy’s face with kisses.

 

"Thank you, syungie~~~ for bringing me here!” the hugging continued.

 

Min Woo nearly lost his grip to his phone when his eyes caught the scene. Deep inside, he felt like he was betrayed. He didn't know why.  He could not explain it. It should be him who received those hugs and kisses. Dong Wan should thank him. Not Hye Sung!

 

Hye Sung was confused. He just arrived with Eric as his company to the room. By the time he held Dong Wan's hands, the witty guy opened his eyes. Almost immediately, he was pulled into a hug and he wondered why he received such treatment?  Hye Sung could not interrupt the excessive skinships he received as it was too fast for him. His face was red and the cheeks were blushed due to the smooches he got from Dong Wan.

 

"Dong Wan-ah. It isn't me.", Hye Sung pulled away after so many tries.

 

"Who is it, then? Was it you, Eric?” the leader shook his head.

 

He glanced to Min Woo who stayed quiet.

 

Dong Wan followed the direction of Eric's gaze. Min Woo expected Dong Wan would be smiling knowing it's him. Instead, the said name squinted his eyes and his expression changed into the grim one.

 

"What are you doing here, Min Woo? Why do you bother to come here? Aren't you busy?" Min Woo was stunned to hear the cold tone from him.

 

Eric and Hye Sung looked at each other. They fell into silence as they did not want things got worse.

 

"I am. Sorry that I am an eyesore for you. I need to go now." Min Woo gave up explaining. His hope to see Dong Wan's smiles was crushed in seconds. He did not bother to explain his presence there.

 

Min Woo took his jacket and walked out of the room. He too, gave a cold shoulder to Dong Wan. Eric who was watching stepped out and chased Min Woo. He managed to grab Min Woo's shoulder. He spun the shorter guy around and surprised to see the wet eyes. He thought his friend was strong but he guessed was wrong after all. Of course that would be heartbreaking.

 

"Min Woo, why?” Eric pulled the said name into his embrace.

 

"Why you didn't tell him it was you who brought him here?” Eric Min Woo's back.

 

“He did not care about it. “; Min Woo let his tears fell down on Eric’s jacket.

 

He was tired. Dong Wan would never forgive him.

 

"Eric....I need to go. They are waiting...” Min Woo pulled himself out from the embrace and walked away.

 

Eric looked the sad back when the figure left the venue with heavy steps. He felt bad for both Min Woo and Dong Wan.

 

It left a really deep scar to Min Woo when Dong Wan did not even know that it was him. He fisted his hands; he could feel his nails dig deep into his palms. Without even bother to turn back, he went to the studio and met with the music directors. He won’t give up. He wanted Dong Wan to see him. Again.

 

 

 

Dong Wan stared at the window. His eyes were b with tears. He knew. He knew it all along. He knew who had saved him. He just did not want to admit it. He hated to admit it. He did not want to have anything to do with Min Woo. Again.

 

Author's note : Thank you for reading^^ Feel free to comment^^ Hope I don't make you guys dissappointed with this. Sorry for the bad grammars, bad vocabularies. It's because English is not my first language and I am still weak in it...T^T