[For Pinkylicious2014] Football Gang

Holy Macaroni And Cheese || One-Shot Request Shop [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author: house-laurie

Requested by: Pinkylicious2014

Genre: Romance

OTP/Group: HunHan/EXO

Word count: 4,641

VIP: No

?: Yes

 

Twenty minutes after two p.m. every Friday, Sehun is the first to exit his general history class.

 

Somehow he manages to scurry ahead of the giant horde of students also looking to head back to their dorms or go outside for lunch out on the green while the weather still permitted such activities. He had at least an hour before he had to show up for football practice -- the American kind, not the European variation -- and that time was usually spent by making his way down the street to the bubble tea shop that was located between the two intersections that the university could be found at on a map.

 

Coach Junmyeon is definitely going to kick his once he finds out that he’s been buying bubble tea when he should be dieting but what he doesn’t know surely won’t kill him.

 

Besides, Sehun has seen him chowing down on a fat, greasy burger more than once so he had no right to call him out on the bubble tea he’d drink once a week at most, twice a week if he was having a particularly bad day. Deep down, though, Sehun knew he was lying to himself because he would take a trip to the bubble tea shop every single day, though not for bubble tea.

 

“Welcome back, Sehunnie!” and said male snaps out of his thoughts at the melodic voice that brings him back to reality, heart picking up in his chest as this happens.

 

“H-Hey,” he says cooly, only slightly avoiding eye contact with the pink-haired boy standing behind the counter.

 

“Whatcha havin’ today? The usual taro tea?”

 

“Yeah. Can I have vanilla today?”

 

“Sure thing,” and after he pays, giving up nearly 8500₩ from what little money he had left in his wallet to pay for the drink plus taxes.

 

Stupid economy with stupid inflation and stupid taxes....

 

He hated it all but if that's what it took to allow Luhan the measly hourly wage he depended on, he didn't mind so much. There weren't many customers in the shop right now besides two old ladies seated at the only table by the window. Sehun silently curses the fact because the table by the window provided the best vantage point from which he could admire Luhan while he worked. There was just something about making bubble tea that could only be y if Luhan was the one creating the fruity concoctions Sehun loved.

 

Well, actually, bubble tea was his second love.

 

His first love?

 

Take a guess…

 

Come on, guess!

 

Figured it out yet?

 

Yep.

 

It was Luhan.

 

Once the pink-haired boy hands him his drink at the pick-up counter, Sehun goes to sit at one of the tables near the window, though it doesn’t give him as good of a vantage point

to admire the pink-haired boy fluttering around behind the counter. He occasionally goes to the back room and returns with buckets of fruit that he puts in the refrigerator as well as fresh gallons of milk for future orders, which is when Sehun gets to admire him the most. When Luhan is behind the counter, though, the fake jar of candy on the counter and the tip jar by the register block Sehun’s view of the pink-haired beauty who could make his heart pound like he’d been running around the field for three hours straight with hardly any breaks in between.

 

“So how's life?” Luhan asks when Sehun is halfway through his bubble tea and the younger shrugs.

 

“Coach is really putting the pressure on us.”

 

“You've got a game coming up, right? Against YG University?”

 

“Yep,” Sehun nods, “it's apparently the most important game of the season but Coach says that about every game.”

 

“Yeah,” Luhan says, his eyes glimmering as if he knew something Sehun didn't, “my coach is the same.”

 

“Really?” Sehun asks, incredulous. He never knew Luhan played a sport, though now it makes more sense to think that the boy’s muscled body came from playing sports and not making bubble tea for customers all day.

 

“What sport do you play?”

 

“Football,” and when Sehun raises an eyebrow in confusion, the pink-haired boy clarifies with, “soccer. Well, it's football everywhere else in the world except America.”

 

“That's because Americans have their own kind of football so they use the term ‘soccer' to make the distinction.”

 

“Only in America.”

 

“So is your shift over or…”

 

“Yeah, Kyungsoo’s gonna come by for his shift in a few minutes so I figured I could get off from work a little early. For once, I’m not gonna be late to practice.”

 

“Practice?”

 

“Yeah, football-- oh, no, excuse me -- soccer practice,” and Sehun rolls his eyes at the elder’s jab at his favorite sport. It kind of feels like his own words are biting him in the but he doesn’t say anything.

 

“Oh, hey, since you’ve got a game coming up this weekend and I’ve got a game this weekend--”

 

“Against who?”

 

“Starship College,” Luhan says with a snort and Sehun grins.

 

“Okay, so? What about our games?”

 

“Whoever loses this weekend is clearly playing the inferior sport.”

 

“Oh, yeah? And what does the winner get?”

 

“Dinner at their favorite restaurant.”

 

“Hm, sounds good,” Sehun agrees and Luhan grins, holding out his hand for the younger to shake, which he does.

 

“You better start saving up, Hunnie, because your wallet’s gonna need it.”

 

“In your dreams.”

 

And in all the excitement that happens over the weekend, Sehun forgets about the little bet he made with Luhan until Monday morning after their most recent win. Everything from that night was a blur besides the good plays they did and all the touchdowns they made, with the final score serving as a giant slap in the face to their opponents. Normally, their arch-enemy wasn’t this bad but lately, they’d been in a slump that nearly guaranteed SM’s spot in the playoffs at the end of the season.

 

In his hand, Sehun clutched his phone between tight fingers, eyes focused on the screen as he watched the university’s athletics page load up. He taps the Men’s Sports section and then taps on Football from the drop-down menu that appears. The first article at the top of the news section reads SM Wolves defeat YG 35 - 14. He makes sure to open the article, ready to shove his phone into Luhan’s face for a few moments of smugness because, “ha, football is clearly better than soccer!”

 

That, and he made sure to check the soccer team’s results from their game on Friday -- they lost 6-1 -- so there was no way Luhan could worm his way out of this one.

 

But even though Luhan had lost, Sehun didn’t plan on being an absolute jerk to the boy. As a consolation prize, he’d gone to Gamestop and bought him the most recent version of Fifa for PS Vita.

 

No, it wasn't because he felt bad that Luhan lost the game. If anything, he hoped Luhan saw it as his way of saying “good game” and not that he pitied him.

 

“Hey, Luhan--” but Sehun barely manages to squeak out the elder’s name before he notices the bulky cast wrapped around his ankle like a vice.

 

“What happened?”

 

“Sprained my ankle.”

 

“That must , huh,” Sehun comments as he sits down next to the pink-haired boy he adored more than anybody else in this world and his heart aches when Luhan doesn’t even nod his head in affirmation.

 

He looks lost, eyes all dull and forlorn like he has no idea what he’s going to do and besides staring at his twisted ankle in hopes that it would heal faster, there was nothing to do. Sure, Sehun would often spot Luhan cuddled up with his PS Vita, no doubt playing Fifa since he wasn’t physically capable to do that right now. The sight of his crush so sullen also made Sehun feel a little guilty since he could feel the game folder containing Fifa 15 in his bag poking against his skin right at the base of his spine but nothing wasn’t about to stop him from giving the gift to Luhan either.

 

“Yeah,” Luhan mumbles. “I think I’m not gonna be able to play anymore this season.”

 

“Good thing there’s Fifa.”

 

“It’s not as good as the real thing.”

 

“Yeah… I'm sorry,” Sehun mutters.

 

“Not your fault.”

 

“So… how bad is it, really?”

 

“Besides not able to play for the rest of the season, the doctor said I'll probably need to undergo surgery because of how bad the tear is.”

 

“I'm really sorry about what happened.”

 

“It's not your fault, Hunnie. It was bound to happen sooner or later, y’know? It’s not like I was the most careful player on the field.”

 

“You're still a great soccer player, Lulu.”

 

“I was a soccer player,” and Sehun tries his hardest to ignore the bitter bite to the way Luhan pronounces was but can’t ignore the fact that he doesn’t even try to correct him with the proper terminology. The fact that he doesn’t even acknowledge the part about him being great tells Sehun he’s in deeper than he realized.

 

“Here,” Sehun says, shrugging his backpack off his shoulders so he could retrieve the video game tucked in between his books and once he fishes it out, holds it out to Luhan, “I spotted this at Gamestop and thought of you.”

 

“So… flattery plus cheesy one-liners?” the pink-haired boy laughs as he takes the game folder from Sehun, popping it open to take a look at the game sitting inside and for the first time all day, Sehun thinks he sees a genuine smile stretch across the elder’s gorgeous lips.

 

“I figured something would make you happy.”

 

“Yes, this definitely did. Thank you, Hunnie. And besides, it’s not like you had to buy me Fifa 15 -- you’re not the one who lost the bet.”

 

“You didn’t lose it either,” the younger says pointedly, earning him a disapproving scowl from the elder.

 

“But I did. I didn’t hold up my end of the bargain.”

 

“Well, I’m pretty sure that was in the case of you actually playing in Saturday’s game. You can hardly walk, no offense.”

 

“None taken. So… the bet’s off?”

 

“Until your ankle heals,” Sehun chuckles. He holds out his hand for Luhan to shake so they could solidify their deal and tries (but fails) to ignore the way his heart starts pounding away in his chest when Luhan takes his hand.

 

But just as they’re about to shake, the pink-haired boy places his other hand behind his neck and pulls Sehun in, crushing their lips together for a kiss that knocks the breath right out of the younger’s lungs. And when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter