[For AlisCookieMonster] Sugar Lips

Holy Macaroni And Cheese || One-Shot Request Shop [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Author: house-laurie

Requested by: AlisCookieMonster

Genre: Comedy/Slice of life

OTP/Group: SeKai/EXO

Word count: 6,476

VIP: No

?: No

 

“Where’s your boyfriend, Jongin?” Junmyeon asks, shooting said male a teasing smile where he stood behind the cash register, breaking into coin wrappers before dumping the contents into the coin tray.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“You know who I’m talking about! Don’t tell me you forgot! That kid Sehun orders something from here every week!”

 

“Who?” Jongin asks flatly, shooting Junmyeon a tired look.

 

“The kid with the rainbow hair? Ringing any bells? No? Nada?” and Jongin shakes his head before slamming the register shut.

 

He circles around the counter to pick up the broom and empty dust pan leaning against the glass so he could put it in the janitor’s closet and restore the innocent charm of the ice cream parlor. Unfortunately, his boss won’t just drop the topic and follows him to the back, the two males bumping chests when Jongin turns. The younger quietly scoffs, avoiding Junmyeon’s gaze as he circles around his boss to open the fridge, carrying three bottles of chocolate fudge back to the counter so he could pour them into the empty gelato tin he'd laid out exactly for that purpose.

 

And once finished, he'd have to wash out the other tin before all the leftover chocolate crusted over and became too difficult to clean off.

 

“Liar,” Junmyeon accuses, all the while wearing the smuggest smirk possible, “you know exactly who I’m talking about.”

 

“No, actually, I don’t, hyung. I swear, I don’t.”

 

“Alright,” the elder sighs, shrugging as if he’s given up trying to jog Jongin’s memory but before he’s even had a chance to turn his back, the bell hanging over the door rings out into the quiet air, signaling that a customer has arrived.

 

And to Junmyeon’s pleasure, the man of the hour has arrived. Jongin, on the other hand, looks as if he’s seen a ghost, cheeks having lost their strawberry glow the instant Sehun stepped into the parlor.

 

He composes himself just as Sehun makes it to the counter, a polite smile gracing his features while the rainbow-haired boy scans the menu. Even though he almost always has his usual order -- the Lightsaber, an ice cream sundae that featured mint, strawberry,  and cookie dough ice cream colored blue with food coloring and was topped with white, star-shaped sprinkles -- and a bottle of water, he always reads the menu for ordering and Jongin doesn’t rush him.

 

One, that would be bad customer service and two, Sehun is a fast reader so both things balance each other out rather well.

 

“Hi, Sehun. What are you having today? The Lightsaber as usual?”

 

“Nah,” the bubbly boy says with a grin. “Lemme have the Black Pearl today.”

 

“One Black Pearl: coming right up. You want anything else with that?”

 

“Just water,” the rainbow-haired boy answers and scampers away from the cash register to grab a chilled bottle from the fridge, his sneakers squeaking against the sparkly tile floor as he makes his way back to Jongin once he’s made his selection.

 

Jongin rings him up, focusing hard as to not get distracted by the sparkly look in Sehun’s eye or the way the boy grins like he’s won the lottery. He’s always so happy and optimistic, never appearing down in the dumps even when the weather turns cold and he's become swamped with schoolwork, projects, essays, and burdened with the pressure of studying for finals while still maintaining a decent social life. And to match his sunny personality and bold, daring combination of hair colors, he wore clothes that Jongin could only classify as a cross between hipster and classy.

 

After all, the psychedelic galaxy cat with glasses that was printed on his grey shirt matched with a pair of black skinny jeans was a look only Sehun could pull off.  All he needed were those thick-rimmed 3D glasses that had the glass punched out of the frame and he would look a hundred times more adorable than he already did.

 

Get over yourself, Jongin, a voice in his head snaps as he gets to work on making the frozen, sugary treat Sehun had ordered, he’ll never like you. Once he figures it out, he’ll never want to be with you.

 

“Here you go, enjoy,” he says, setting the finished treat down at the pick-up counter and with a happy “thank you,” Sehun scampers off towards one of the tables by the window so he could enjoy the frozen delicacy filling the pink paper cup.

 

Probably already has a really cute boyfriend.

 

With no customers to attend to, Jongin goes back to unscrewing the caps on the fudge bottles and takes his times pouring it into the clean tin, setting it down in the empty space next the container of rainbow sprinkles at the edge and places a clear, plastic lid over it so nothing would fall in and taint the entire mixture, making it unfit to top any frosty treats. Afterward, he picks up the other tin and carries it to the back room to be washed, leaving Sehun alone in the front of the parlor.

 

He’s got a nice , Sehun thinks as he watches Jongin disappear into the back room, plastic spoon hanging between his pink lips while he let the ice cream hanging onto it, vanilla and rocky road melded together in a swirl, melt on his tongue.

 

And an even cuter face. Just wish he’d smile more, yeesh. But still… the tall, dark, and brooding type is kinda hot.

 

“So do you have any more classes today, Sehun?” Jongin asks from where he stands at the register, shocking said boy out of his thoughts like somebody hitting him over the head with a brick.

 

“U-Uh, y-yeah--no, no, I don’t,” he stutters, feeling his cheeks flaring with heat at his embarrassing blunder.

 

“What are you majoring in again?”

 

“I’m double-majoring in marine biology and creative writing.”

 

“Sounds fun.”

 

“Yep, especially around finals.”

 

“Sarcasm?”

 

“Well, kinda. See, creative writing classes feature less of note-taking and multiple choice exams and more of story-writing and editing. Basically, our final is to write a short story of some sort, can be any genre we want. Marine bio classes, on the other hand, require twenty hours of lab per semester and plenty of notetaking. And don’t even get me started on the practicums we have to do.”

 

“Practicum? Is that--”

 

“No, it is not what you think it is,” Sehun chuckles, flashing Jongin a mischievous wink, “though I do get where you’re coming from -- no pun intended.”

 

“Smooth,” the elder snorts.

 

Baekhoe: [Sent at 2:43 P.M.]

hey, skyscraper, are you at XOXO?

 

Seeing a text from Baekhyun, Sehun quickly unlocks his phone and types back a quick ‘yeah’ in response before turning back to admire Jongin. For a man who handles ice cream all day, he definitely doesn’t need to put in a lot of effort into looking y, that’s for sure.

 

He’s like the John Stamos of ice cream: smooth, creamy, and most of all, yummy for the eyes and for the soul.

 

And as if proving that point, Sehun sees Jongin reach for a tin of Hershey’s chocolate powder off one of the higher shelves, muscles rippling as he grabs the canister and sets it down on the counter with a metallic thunk, all the while completely oblivious to Sehun’s staring.

 

“,” Jongin hisses, waving his hand in front of his face to clear the sudden cloud of chocolate powder that flew up into the air after he’d peeled the lid off.

 

Yep, definitely yummy.

 

He hears another ping, his phone buzzing rather obnoxiously against the table as it announces to him that he’s received another text message from his oh-so-desperate roommate.

 

Baekhoe: [Sent at 2:45 P.M.]

cool. can you buy me a Monster? PRETTY PLEASE?

 

Sehun: [Sent at 2:46 P.M.]

pfft no way in hell, shortie. you still owe me for the last Monster I bougth yuo

 

[Sent at 2:46 P.M.]

*bought you

 

It takes Baekhyun a little while to respond, said boy probably wracking his brain for some way to tempt Sehun into buying him a Monster, which, by the way, has nothing to do with the energy drink, and Sehun takes the time to scoop up the bits of melted ice cream gathering together into a cosmic galaxy of vanilla, rocky road, a thick helping of fudge, and chocolate chips until he’s balancing a hefty amount on his spoon.

 

He notices his screen light up and quickly the spoon clean so he can respond to his roommate with both hands. After all, the sooner he responds to Baekhyun, the sooner he can get back to admiring Jongin’s pretty face.

 

Baekhoe: [Sent at 2:51 P.M.]

pleeeeeeeeeeeeease? I’ll be your slave for a whole week!

 

Sehun: [Sent at 2:53 P.M.]

meaning what?

 

Baekhoe: [Sent at 2:55 P.M.]

I’ll cook for you for a whole week.

 

Sehun: [Sent at 2:55 P.M.]

You can’t cook.

 

Baekhoe: [Sent at 2:57 P.M.]

Can too! :( :( :(

 

Sehun: [Sent at 3:00 P.M.]

That’s the face Chanyeol-hyung makes whenever he hears that you tried to cook something. You and I both know for a fact that you’re terrible when it comes to cooking. Like nobody but you is capable of burning water.

 

Baekhoe: [Sent at 3:01 P.M.]

Damn, that was #cold even for you, Hunnie.

 

Sehun: [Sent at 3:04 P.M.]

Just stating the facts :)

 

Baekhoe: [Sent at 3:06 P.M.]

So no Monster? :|

 

Sehun: [Sent at 3:08 P.M.]

The only monster you’re getting is the one living under your bed lol

 

Sehun assumes that’s the end of their conversation so he doesn’t expect to see his phone light up again, having received two new text messages within seconds of each other.

 

Baekhoe: [Sent at 3:25 P.M.]

(Download content | 3KB)

 

Sehun clicks the link, waiting a few minutes for the photo Baekhyun sent and once it finally reaches 100-percent, he opens it up, only for a chill to shoot through his entire body at the image. His eyes go wide at the sight of his cousin Luhan sitting on the floor next to Baekhyun, the pink-haired boy making a peace-sign and lips curled into a happy smile while Sehun’s roommate held a Nerf pistol to his head, teeth clenched as if he were growling at Sehun.

 

He wasn’t sure what was worse: that Baekhyun got a hold of his cousin or that Luhan looked way too chill for somebody who was being threatened with a loaded Nerf gun.

 

For the record: Nerf darts hurt like a .

 

[Sent at 3:25 P.M.]

OH SEHUN, YOU BUY ME THAT MONSTER OR THE PUPPY GETS IT!!!

 

Sehun: [Sent at 3:27 P.M.]

wtf that’s my cousin, you dickwaffle!

 

Baekhoe: [Sent at 3:28 P.M.]

Sehun-ah, this is Luhan. Do as the man says so I may live to experience Yixing’s yummy for another day. :)

 

Sehun: [Sent at 3:29 P.M.]

HYUNG, WHAT THE ACTUAL ???

 

Baekhoe: [Sent at 3:30 P.M.]

Listen to Luhan, Sehun. If you know what’s good for you ㅋㅋㅋ

 

“I ing swear I’m gonna strangle that er in his sleep,” Sehun mutters as he fishes out enough money to pay for the Monster that he wasn’t even going to get to enjoy, all because his roommate and his cousin have ganged up on him. If he didn’t come back to the dorm with the requested treat in hand, Baekhyun wasn’t going to let him inside and Luhan would probably help him with keeping him out.

 

Sometimes his cousin really was a sick bastard deserving of many punches to the face and the nuts. If he kept it up with his bull, Sehun knew he’d be rearranging his face real soon.

 

“Hey, Jongin, can I get a Monster with extra fudge, please?” and said male nods, ringing him up for the purchase. Sehun pays in exact change, probably the only customer who does that but that’s because he comes by so often that he’s memorized the menu and its prices.

 

Hell, he could work here, Jongin thinks as he fills the cup with scoops of blueberry pie and raspberry ice cream until it’s near-full, slathering it with a light chocolate drizzle and then with the cherry-flavored magic shell syrup. And on top of everything, he sprinkles pink, red, and purple sprinkles just as the cherry syrup hardens atop the ice cream, small cracks emanating from it like trickles of broken concrete.

 

But that would be a disaster.

 

“Thanks, man.”

 

“You craving ice cream more than usual?” Jongin teases, earning himself a glare from the rainbow-haired boy that doesn’t really penetrate the bubble of steel that floated around him.

 

“My jackass roommate won’t let me into the dorm if I don’t come back with ice cream,” Sehun mutters.

 

“That really .”

 

“And to make things worse, my cousin’s on his side.”

 

“Did he also demand ice cream?”

 

“Thankfully, no. He just likes to go against me because he’s got nothing better to do with his life.”

 

Ice cream in hand, Sehun trudges back to his stuff and slings his bag over his shoulder. He sets the Monster down so he could toss his now-empty water bottle and the empty ice cream cup in the trash before picking up the ice cream again. From where Jongin stands, he looks irritated beyond belief. And to think that cup of ice cream was his key to getting into his dorm.

 

“Hey, Sehun,” he calls, said boy stopping just as he’s about to open the door, looking back at him expectantly.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Put liquid laxatives in his ice cream.”

 

All the boy offers is his trademark mischievous grin and a two-finger salute before pulling the door open and leaving the ice cream parlor with a new bounce to his step. He mulls over Jongin’s suggestion and as he passes by the drugstore near his dorm building, his lips curl back into a devilish grin. He goes in and comes back out a few minutes later with a bottle of cherry-flavored liquid laxative in hand.

 

“Can’t believe they actually make this ,” he mutters to himself as he pours a generous amount over the ice cream, the color of the liquid laxative thankfully blending perfectly with the cherry magic shell Jongin had poured on earlier. If anything, it just looks like cherry sauce and just so he can get his revenge quicker, Sehun pours the entire contents of the bottle onto the ice cream.

 

Fingers crossed Baekhyun doesn’t notice.

 

“Here’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter