Kittens - Bangjae

The request chest of Yoo Youngjae

Kittens 

Yongguk was awake at midnight, busy writing down lyrics for upcoming songs. A meow breaks his concentration, as Pepper jumped up in the desk. Rubbing herself up against Yongguk's cheek, purring as he scratched her behind her ears. He smiles at the cat, as she jumps into his lap. Curling up and falling asleep, he still remembers the day when she was a kitten. He remembers how Youngjae roped him in, despite his dislike for felines.

~Flashback~

B.A.P were on a gameshow, and have been separated into pairs. Daehyun was with Zelo, Jongup was with Himchan and Yongguk was with Youngjae. The mission of the show was to collect the most stars, and bring it back to the base in record time. Which ever pair finds the most stars wins, and the losing teams have to do a embarassing punishment. So far Youngjae and Yongguk have only found two, they have realised that they are way behind the other teams.
“Yah why is this so hard” Yongguk huffed frustrated
“It's because you don't look hard enough hyung we aren't looking in obvious places...let's try the kitten shop” Youngjae suggested
“Why would it be in there?” Yongguk asked
“Simple it's an obvious place….kittens I bet it that a star will be on a kitten” Youngjae said smiling
He wasn't labeled the brain for nothing, they entered the kitten orientated pet shop. Youngjae enters the pen, with a hesitant Yongguk. He has always been wary of cats, after being scratched by one when he was 6.
“Haha are you scared hyung?” Youngjae asked laughing 
“No but cats can be unpredictable...I prefer dogs” Yongguk replied flinching when a kitten jumped at him.
Youngjae smiles as the usual calm and collected leader, jumped and flinched at the playful kittens. For someone who looked so badass, he was reacting like a huge wimp in front of all these cats. Yongguk tried his best to keep his cool, yet he just couldn't handle the kittens over playfulness and painful claws. 
“Youngjae look that black and white kitten there has a collar maybe it has a star stuck to it” Yongguk suggested pointing to the sweet thing.
Youngjae picks up the small kitten, smoothing it softly he inspected it but to no avail. Youngjae turns the kitten to face him, smiling at it's cute face. The kitten pawed at his nose, while Youngjae did small smooches at the fluffball. 
“You're just too cute” Youngjae murmured 
“Don't even think of it” Yongguk threats
“Think of what?” Youngjae asked confused
“Asking to keep it” Yongguk said sternly
“Oh hyung why not? Look at it's cute little face look at it” Youngjae retorts
Shoving the kitten into Yongguk's arms, who stiffened a little. Youngjae sighs at his leader, he didn't need to fear a kitten so much. 
“Look just relax Yongguk-Hyung if you tense up to much the kitten will know you're wary of it plus it will also scare the kitten” Youngjae informed 
Youngjae showed Yongguk how to hold the kitten, as well as how to be calm. In no time Yongguk relaxed holding the small black and white kitten, who slowly began to fall asleep in the leader's arms. Yongguk smiled to himself, it maybe wasn't so bad. He looks up at Youngjae, who was playing with some of the kittens. A smile plastered his face, as the young vocalist was beaming happily. They were so wrapped up in the kittens, they nearly forgot about the mission. It wasn't until Youngjae spotted a kitten, carrying a star in it's mouth did he remember.
“Oh god look hyung that kitten has the star” Youngjae said happily 
Youngjae picks up the kitten, and gently takes the star from him. Placing the kitten down after smoothing it a bit, Youngjae bagged the star.
“Oh god Youngjae we have 20 seconds to get back” Yongguk said panicked
“Hyung we only have 3 stars” Youngjae retorts
“We're doomed” Yongguk huffed 
They rushed out of the kitten shop, however Youngjae soon spotted the black and white kitten in Yongguk's arms.
“Hyung you still have the kitten” Youngjae gasped
“Oh poop” Yongguk said annoyed
Youngjae takes the kitten from him, and runs back to the shop. Handing a staff member the kitten, apologising he rushes back out. The two ran as quick as they could, racing back to base. The other’s stare at the two rushing in, faces red with embarrassment.
“Oh team A you are the sore losers late in your return” The game show leader shouts
“Sorry we have no good reason for our failure in the mission other than kittens” Yongguk said embarrassed
The two were soon dished out their punishment, as was Jongup and Himchan’s team.  They had to cook food for Daehyun and Zelo, while wearing the most embarrassing suits. Yongguk and Youngjae had the unfortunate jobs of pampering, and putting on a embarrassing show for the winners as well. Youngjae pleaded when he could to Yongguk, pleading for him to let them get a kitten. 
“Look hyung Zelo has Mochi why can't I have a kitten not only that you seemed to like that black and white one after a while” Youngjae said happily 
“Fine but you can only have one kitten” Yongguk said giving in but still stern.
Youngjae huffed out annoyed, he wanted to get more than one. The kittens were so cute, yet then he also had a plan. It was a great plan, and he knew he would succeed.

Later.

Yongguk was dragged to the kitten shop, and into the pen. He picked up the black and white kitten, and placed it in Yongguk's arms. He had to persuade him to buy the kitten, while he got his own. 
“Looky hyung he or she really likes you...just think of the poor kitten crying because Bang Yongguk didn't want her….just imagine it hyung” Youngjae said dramatically 
“Youngjae I’m not getting a kitten” Yongguk retorts
“Oh hyung what would the fans think...oh Yongguk-Hyung is a big meanie he didn't want a family less kitten...look at her face she's pleading for your love” Youngjae rambles out, even more dramatically.
Yongguk looks at the kitten, in his arms. The kitten looks up at him and meows, before curling into him further. Sighing Yongguk goes up to the counter, and sure enough money handed over and documents filled out. The small kitten was his to own and love, a few seconds later Youngjae appears. Holding a brown and white one, he shows the kitten to Yongguk.
“Please tell me you didn't buy that one” Yongguk said sternly
“Ah ah ah Hyung of course I did...this little girl is mine she's called Nessie” Youngjae replied
“I said only one kitten Yoo Youngjae” Yongguk said sternly 
“Ahh you said I can only have one and I do Nessie” Youngjae retorts smartly 
“Youngjae you went against my words” Yongguk said serious 
“No I didn't I got one kitten...you got the other not me so I stuck to the rules” Youngjae said smirking
Yongguk didn't really have a response to that, he did buy this kitten so in reality. Youngjae did follow his rule, it was himself who didn't follow the rule. So the two members made it back to the dorm, and the other members got to meet the new members of the dorm. A proud Youngjae bragged to them about how he used his brains, how he really did live up to his label as the brain. While Yongguk felt like he was just defeated in a battle, he felt like he was still being punished for failing the mission.

~End of flashback~

Yongguk decided that the mistake he made, falling for Youngjae's trick was not bad at all. Pepper kept him company at night, and she was a beautiful cat. Youngjae’s cat Nessie wasn't all that bad as well, yet the cat seemed to have her moments of terror. Jumping around like a lunatic, and catching his ankles in unexpected moments. The cats were a good addition to the dorm though, they made the atmosphere less well quiet.
------------------------------------------------
Author’s note: I actually had a bit of a hard time thinking of whether I should make the cute additions to the story kittens, puppies or both. 
I wonder if any of the B.A.P members are cat people?
The kittens I used for the story - link
Thank you for reading/subscribing!!!