Embarrassed is an understatement

Mysterious honey

Somi P.O.V

I don't think twice and run away as fast as I can straight back to my room. Once I arrive there Mina greets me with a concerned look on her face.

My sides are aching since I ran so fast. The good friend she is Mina sits down next to me on the bed and asks me:

"What happened? You look like you've seen a ghost, Somi-ah."

I pant heavily once the image from before shows up before my inner eyes at this and I answer her my best friend in a tone so quiet that I'm not sure if she can actually understand what I'm saying:

"You know how I just wanted to take a shower, right?"

She nods her head affirming me that she understood which makes me continue:

"When I arrived at the bathroom everything seemed normal, the door was unlocked so I assumed that no one was inside. I didn't hear the shower running which in recap feels strange because it clearly must've been. Anyway, I was looking for my shower gel, but presumed that I must've left it inside the shower before since it was nowhere to be found.

So I opened the shower curtain and got the shock of my life when it turned out that there was already someone inside who was, of course and who's back was facing me at first. I should've left the room right there, but I was so shocked so I stayed there frozen to the ground when that person however turned around and it was none other than Sejeong unnie."

 

After my speech I can't seem to stop crying as I am seemingly crying oceans worth of tears. Mina takes me into a warm embrace and I can't believe my ears when she tells me in a guilty tone:

"I'm so sorry that you had to see this, Somi-ah! Actually I think that it's kinda my fault for letting you go to the bathroom before me. Sejeong unnie and I have this sort of routine of showering together first thing in the morning when everyone else is still asleep, you know.

Unnie is usually the first one of the two of us in the bathroom and since I am joining her she has this habit of leaving the door unlocked so I can just come inside whenever I want to. Up until today there was never any problem with this, but due to my lack of sleep last night and my mind constantly evolving around other things I kinda forgot to warn you..."

Oh, so that's how it is! Now that I think about it things slowly start to make sense to me. Sejeong's casual behaviour in the beginning when I entered the room was because she thought that I was Mina, but once I didn't immediately join her in the shower she must've noticed that something was off and turned around.

One thing doesn't make sense to me though. Why didn't she say something as well and looked at me like a deer caught in the headlights?

Very odd, I'll need to further investigate on this...

 

Mina reluctantly leaves to the bathroom after I convinced her that I am fine and she should finally join Sejeong unnie in the shower since I don't want her to have to wait for too long so her skin won't get wrinkly due to too much water.

Since I'm pretty sure that my best friend and her unnie will have some things to discuss and their shower together will take a bit longer I decide to go to the kitchen first and get some breakfast.

To be honest I am not all that hungry, but since I can't risk to faint during dance practise I will at least eat a bowl of cornflakes. When I enter the kitchen the rest of my unnies is greeting me there and the room feels pretty stuffed somehow.

What's with the odd atmosphere anyway? My stomach twists when I notice that the only free chairs are next to Chungha unnie and Nayoung unnie.

The latter seems extra 'happy' today and merely sips on her cup of what I presume must be coffee from time to time. Pinky who sits next to her seems pretty down somehow which is highly concerning regarding her usual hyperactive nature.

Oookay, this gloominess is freaking me out! Might as well sit next to Chungha unnie. Regarding the current situation that seems to be the less dangerous option to me.

Then again she also is a possible candidate in the matter of my mysterious honey...

 

A sigh escapes my lips when I plop onto my seat and I jump slightly in surprise when Chungha unnie suddenly asks me:

"Somi-ah, didn't you sleep well last night as well?"

Something about her question catches my attention and I innocently ask back:

"Why, didn't you, unnie?"

She nods her head and answers me pensively:

"Last night was full moon and looking at everyone I guess we were all affected by it."

Full moon, hu? Now that I think about it, it really was pretty light last night in comparison to other nights. Then again I had much more important things to do than care about things like the moon outside my window.

I'm about to ask Chungha unnie how come she knows about this so well, but when I turn next to me she is already gone. What on earth?

Apparently Chungha unnie took lessons from Pinky in ninja arts. Step number one, how to magically vanish into thin air without anyone noticing.

I shake my head dismissively and decide to simply eat my cereal when out of the sudden a white piece of paper catches my attention.

On the white blanket I almost wouldn't have seen it since it blends in perfectly. Camouflage is what first comes to my mind at this which reminds me of my dad who works in military services.

I inhale sharply as a sense of missing washes over me as well as homesickness. Once I've calmed down again I take the letter and in a swift motion get up and head back to my room, in order to be able to read it in solitude.

After heaving a heavy sigh I unfold the piece of paper and read the lines dedicated to me:

"Another sleepless night is lying behind with the moon shining bright in the deep black sky. Just like the moon who fully is rarely seen and hard to catch I am viewing you, my love. Your eyes shine brighter than the light of a thousand stars, while your laugh is like the sun that radiates around all of us and makes us shine. I meanwhile feel like the black sky. How I wish that you could bring light into my heart by returning my love."

Oh my God, this is so romantic and also sad... When I turn the paper around I notice that there is actually more:

"When will you notice me, my love. I don't want to be selfish, but every single day spend without you is a sad and wasted day. Listen to your heart and you will know who I am.

PS: Please don't think too hard and get some sleep. I don't want you to get sick because of me. ♥"

I feel my cheeks burning at the last part of the message and my heart once again flutters in that odd way. Just who could've written that?

She said I should listen to my heart and I will follow this advise. I will find you, my mysterious honey! Actually it seems like I am very close to her already. Odd...