Searching you

Mysterious honey

Somi P.O.V

Soon my bandmates have all returned and the unnies prepare lunch while I am going to Mina, in order to talk to her about dance practise.

Maybe an innocent discussion can bring her to tell me who left the dance practise room before. I won't ask her directly but talk to her about the matter casually.

It would be way too embarrassing to ask her if someone left the room during practise. Mina smiles at me in the same way she always does and asks:

"Did you want to talk to me, Somi-ah?"

I nod my head and answer her:

"Actually I do. I just wanted to ask you how dance practise was and if I missed something fun, or important while I was gone."

She rubs her nose in thought which in my opinin looks adorable but then again doesn't everything she does look adorable? Kang Mina simply seems to be the impersonation of aegyo.

It's hard to believe that she's actually two years older than me. After a short moment of thinking Mina answers me:

"There wasn't much out of the ordinary that happened. Just the usual Sejeong unnie helping out her beloved Sohye, Nayoung acting suspicious with Pinky and oh Chungha unnie missed you a lot.

Actually the mood had kinda dropped when you had left for understandable reasons, Somi-ah. Your aegyo was greatly missed by everyone. Yoojung unnie tried to make up for the lack of it but despite Doyeon no one really found it cute at all.

Especially because it kinda was that flirty type of aegyo, you know. Actually it was kinda funny though...

 

Chungha missed me a lot, hu? Now that is some interesting information. Nayoung and Pinky were acting suspicious well that's nothing new just like the fact that Sejeong unnie loves to help out others because she's such a selfless person.

Hm, it's pretty weird though that Mina didn't even mention someone leaving the room during practise. I mean such a thing isn't common at all and would most likely get noticed.

Maybe I should ask her directly about it after all. Right in the moment where I have this thought Chungha unnie calls out that lunch is ready.

Guess that means I won't ask her then... When Mina and I enter the kitchen I can't help but blush at my unnies cheering at me and welcoming me back.

Everyone asks me how I am and when I tell them that I managed to sleep a bit before they all seem relieved. They really are so sweet with how the way they care for me!

The letter from my mysterious honey still is on my mind while eating the delicious food Chungha unnie has cooked. So while we're eating I secretely watch my unnies to see if anyone of them is acting suspicious but nothing.

Yoojung is sitting on Doyeon's lap and the latter is happily feeding the smaller girl, Mina is happily stuffing her face next to me, Yeonjung is making bad jokes, our leader is intensely talking to Pinky, Sejeong is chatting with Sohye while Chungha and Chaeyeon are also talking with each other.

 

Once our lunch is finished the Dodaeng couple agrees on doing the dishes together. That's probably just an excuse to get some more private time.

I might be young but I am not dumb. These looks those two have been exchanging all day speak louder than any words! Since I kinda want to get some fresh air I ask Mina if she wants to accompany me outside to take a walk.

Fortunately she says yes and we currently get ready to go when out of the blue our band's resident ninja pops up from seemingly nowhere, nearly giving me a heartattack in the process.

Just what is wrong with this girl? Does she actually love to scare people and does it make her happy in some twisted way? Like nothing out of the ordinary happened she bats her long lashes and asks us innocently:

"May I accompany you guys outside, please? I could really need some fresh air as well."

I heave a small sigh since my plan of actually telling Mina about my mysterious honey just got ruined because technically seen Pinky is one of the main suspects but I answer her none the less:

"Of course you can, unnie. What happened? Did you and Nayoung unnie have a fight, or something?"

For a brief moment something I can't quite decipher is flickering in her eyes but then she tells me accompanied by a giggle:

"Thank you, Somi-ah. Nothing happened, I just need some fresh air and could use a walk after our rather filling lunch. Chungha unnie surely cooks good but very heavy meals."

 

Now that she mentions it my stomach feels rather bloated and my jeans have gotten pretty tight on my waistline. I guess it really was a good idea to take a walk if only to digest the heavy lunch we just had.

We are currently strolling in the park when suddenly my phone starts to beep in my pocket. Hu, who can this be now? I retrieve my phone from my pocket carefully and in a moment Mina and Pinky are busy talking with each other I take a look at the message I just received.

My eyes nearly pop out of their sockets when I read the message who is by an unknown number: 'Sometimes we tend to oversee the things that are closest to us.'

Oh my God! This message is totally from her, my mysterious honey! How is this possible? I have all of my bandmates numbers just in case something should ever come up and I need to call one of them in particular.

Just what is this message supposed to mean though? Ugh, I have never been good with riddles and such things! She obviously means me with this text so it could be that she wants to tell me that I am overseeing something.

This is so confusing and frustrating! Wait a minute, the message said that I am overseeing what is closest to me and that is Pinky. Is she my mysterious honey and did she send me this message just now to tell me that?

I look in her direction and once our gazes meet I mouth:

"Is it you?"