A friend's advise

Mysterious honey

Somi P.O.V

I know that I made a fool out of myself again when Pinky looks at me like I'm some weirdo and asks me with confusion audible in her voice:

"Of course it's me, Somi-ah. It's me, Pinky. Who else should I be? I'm not just someone who switched bodies with myself. Now that would be weird..."

Okaaaay... Mina and I both look at each other like 'What is this girl talking about?' but Pinky who is used to getting such looks already only smiles and asks us:

"Anyways, do you girls know the time by any chance?"

I check my phone and answer her:

"It's five past five, unnie."

Her eyes widen in shock at this and she makes a run for it while telling us:

"Gotta go! I'm already late for my date with Nayoung unnie. She's gonna be furious... See you later at the dorm..."

If I was her I'd make a run for it as well since I can only imagine how scary and horrible getting glared down and scolded at by Nayoung unnie must be like.

I imagine it to be a living hell! At this moment my heart actually goes out to our weird Chinese bandmate. Poor girl must endure our leader's creepy face basically 24/7.

Since Mina and I are finally alone with each other I decide to use this chance to tell her about my mysterious honey and explain to her why I acted that weird before.

 

I cough slightly which makes her look at me expectantly and then I start:

"Unnie, you've probably been wondering about my weird behaviour from before, right?"

She nods her head and at this I continue:

"It all started three days ago. When you and the others weren't around since you were shopping for groceries there was an electric failure and I was so scared at first that I even screamed in shock.

Then suddenly I felt a soft, moist feeling on my lips and I immediately knew that someone had just stolen my first kiss from me. That wasn't the only thing though. During the kiss I felt all fluttery inside and even now when I recall these events I still feel this same feeling.

At the time when the incident happened only four other people were around. Those people were Sejeong unnie, our leader, Chungha unnie and Pinky. All these people act rather suspicious around me lately and it's hard to figure out who is the one I am searching for. Later that day I got a mysterious but romantic message by this person.

This morning while I was alone at the dorm and you were all at dance practise I took a nap like you already know and afterwards I found another letter.

Well, and while walking before I got a text send to me on my phone from an unknown number. I'm just so confused and don't know how I should ever find out who my mysterious honey is..."

 

Mischief is visible in my best friend's eyes and she suggests:

"For me there is only one way to solve this matter. You'll have to kiss them, all four of them that is. To set up an equal atmosphere like before you need to do so in a dark room though..."

My eyes are widening in disbelief at her suggestion and I exclaim:

"Unnie, are you insane? I can't possible do that! One kiss is bad enough but four others? No, thanks!"

She heaves a sigh and mutters something under her breath. Suddenly her face is lighting up and she exclaims:

"What if you're gonna literally re-live that day? I'm talking about the five of you all being in the same position you used to be that day and maybe even doing the same thing as you did back then.

We'll simply have to get the room to turn dark again and see what will happen. Only this time we'll have to be quick enough to put the light back on so you can catch the person you are searching for. How does that sound to you?"

Wow, that actually sounds pretty good! However how are we gonna get everyone into their previous positions? When I tell Mina my worries she immediately reassures me by saying that she will come up with something.

I'm taken aback when she suggests:

"Let's do it this evening after dinner, Somi-ah. The sooner we do it, the sooner you'll know who your mysterious honey is."

 

When we come back to the dorm I'm not surprised when it turns out that nearly everyone is there. Well, it's close to dinner time already.

I wonder who will cook dinner today. Right when I have this thought Nayoung unnie peaks out from the kitchen wearing an apron and next to her Pinky and Chaeyeon can be seen.

Oh my God! I think I'm close to getting a heartattack. Seeing Nayoung unnie wearing an apron is so weird since it kinda makes her look like a mom and this image totally doesn't fit her.

She exclaims in her stern voice that never fails to make me shiver:

"Dinner is ready everyone!"

I wonder what they have cooked. Well, as long as Pinky was there and helped out I figure that it will be edible. At this moment I once again ask myself if one of them is my mysterious honey.

Suddenly I hear a voice next to me:

"Somi-ah, are you coming as well?"

I turn my gaze up and my heart is beating faster at the sight of Sejeong unnie who smiles at me. Guess there's only one person left, hu?

Like faith is playing with me the only free seat left is inbetween Nayoung and Chungha unnie. Alright, there goes nothing! I sigh softly when I let myself drop on the seat.

I feel myself blush when Chungha unnie asks me softly:

"Somi-ah, are you alright? You like really pale again. Come here, eat something first. You must be starving already, nae?"

My heart is oddly beating faster when she fills my plate with food and hands it over to me accompanied by a soft smile. I thank her happily and start to eat while humming a melody I just came up with.

I nearly choke on my noodles when a stern voice exclaims:

"Seems like you are very happy today, Somi-ah."

Well, I guess not anymore and also I kinda lost my appetite just now. I knew that sitting next to Nayoung unnie wasn't a good idea...