Message number two

Mysterious honey

Somi P.O.V

During dance practise I can hardly concentrate on my moves since I am still way too lost in my thoughts about the message of my mysterious honey and also the kiss that is the reason for my confusions, restlessness and sleepless night.

My heart nearly jumps out of my ribcage in shock when I suddenly feel hands around my waist. I sigh in relief when I hear Chungha unnie's voice say in a concerned tone:

"Somi-ah, what is wrong with you today? Usually you are one of the best dancers of our band and today you're constantly making useless little mistakes.

You aren't a beginner and so I assume that you're making those mistakes because something's bothering you. Am I correct?"

I gulp down heavily and whisper:

"You are correct, unnie. I couldn't sleep last night and therefore I feel really drained today. Please excuse my lack of responsivness today and I will work hard from now and give one-hundred percent again, okay?"

She is silent for a moment and then she tells me:

"Alright, just take it easy for today, Somi-ah. I don't want you to faint after all. If you are too tired then maybe you should go back to the dorm and lay down a bit.

I won't show the others any new steps today anyway, so you won't miss out on anything. What do you say?"

A yawn involuntarily escapes my lips which makes her giggle and she says:

"I guess that's a yes then. Shall somebody accompany you to the dorm, or do you manage to go there on your own?"

 

I smile at her and after a moment of thought answer:

"Don't worry, unnie. I can manage to go there on my own. Just stay here with the others and train well, nae? I'll cook lunch for you later."

At first she tries to decline the offer politely by saying:

"Aniyo, Somi-ah. That's really not necessary..."

When I however answer her that I insist to cook something for all of us since it's the least I can do she finally gives in. Another yawn escapes my lips and with slow steps I leave the dance practise room behind me.

On my way to the dorm my phone suddenly starts to ring. A smile forms on my lips when I see that it's Chaeyoung unnie. I take the call and exclaim as cheerful as I can in my tired state:

"Unnie, how are you doing?"

She answers me in a worried tone much like Chungha unnie before:

"Are you alright, Somi-ah? You sound really tired..."

Another yawn escapes my lips which this time is an even bigger one and I tell her:

"Do you have time right now, unnie? I really would like to talk with you about something since there is no one else who I could tell it to at the moment..."

I'm relieved when she answers me that she has time at the moment and so I tell her everything that happened ever since that power failure yesterday.

 

Once I have ended my story Chaeyoung unnie exclaims in awe:

"That's such an amazing story, Somi-ah and so romantic! Honestly, I'm a bit jealous of you since my girlfriend never had such romantic ideas but instead always mocks me...

Anyway, so you kinda have four people in your mind that could've been the kisser, right? Since your band in fact still has eleven members that cuts it down quite a bit and makes things a lot easier.

However, if I were you I wouldn't be so sure that it really must've been one of them, you know? Let's start with who do you think would most likely be capable of doing such daring yet romantic actions, Somi-ah?

Since you are really cute, I'm sure that all your bandmates must love you at least in a platonic way, right?"

My cheeks are heating up at her words and I whisper:

"As far as I'm concerned you're absolutely right with this, unnie. You know before I used to think about it as well and actually I came to the conclusion that despite Nayoung unnie all the other three could be my mysterious honey.

I only exclude Nayoung unnie though because she seems like a rather emotionless person to me and it would highly surprise me if she would in fact be the person behind all of this."

 

After my phone call with Chaeyoung unnie I feel much better and fall asleep happily. I wake up by my alarm ringing and immediately get up at this since I'll have to get the food ready.

Upon leaving my room I stop in my tracks when I notice a piece of paper lying on the ground. Hu, what is that doing there? I could swear that it wasn't there when I came into the room before. Weird...

I'm on the verge of throwing the seemingly trash away when I notice black ink on the inside. Curious to what this paper could be I open it and my eyes bulge out of their sockets once I read the text written on it in familiar letters:

"If I am to blame for your sleepless nights then I am incredibly sorry, my love. You must think that I am such a coward for not showing my face to you, or at least writing down my name on this piece of paper but I simply can't. Just know that I am always around.

PS: You look so cute asleep! ♥"

Oh my God! How is this even possible? Was she around the whole time? When did she come to the dorm? If only I hadn't been too tired and slept then I would know by now who she is.

This is so frustrating! When I check the dorm for the presence of any of my bandmates I notice that, of course no one despite me is around. She must've left again already.

While preparing lunch for everyone I ask myself just how this is all even possible. This person must've totally sneaked out of dance practise before just to write me this message and watch me sleep.

I guess I'll have to talk to Mina later and see if she saw anyone acting suspicious before. This girl always notices when people are acting odd, especially our unnies since she is pretty close to them due to her close friendship with Sejeong unnie...