Chapter Six

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N. I'm sorry... I thought I lost this story when I wiped my computer clear for maintanence... Just because my laptop is too old... And here I am comeback after I found the story again...

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!!!!”

It takes three long minutes before Hyejin and Wheein burst into laughter. It makes Yongsun dumbfounded and she suddenly remembers what she had done to Wendy before coming to the coffee shop.

Is this sort of revenge from the universe for that? Or there’s a joke that Yongsun doesn’t notice the existence? What’s so funny that can makes Wheein and Hyejin is tearing a bit while laughing?

“Haaa… jinja, unnie? Seriously?” Wheein asks between her breathe.

“Yeah, I’m serious?” Yongsun puzzled. “But what is so funny? Can you just answer me?”

The girls once again burst into laughter. Yongsun can see other customers even pay attention because they’re a bit too loud.

“After all this time you just… asking this? Now?” Hyejin asks back. “We told you the first time we met you but you take… how long is it?”

“Four days?” Wheein confused. “Today is the fourth day we know each other, right?”

Yongsun face palm. Yeah… she just noticed last night she hadn’t asked the important question. Why she must know? Is that their way to make her keep coming to this place or… what?

“So? May I know?” Yongsun ignores her own idiocy. She needs an answer for now. Maybe it lessens the embarrassments too.

Yongsun can see Wheein and Hyejin try her best to compose herself. Maybe they’re preventing to burst into laughter while explaining.

“Since what happened between Moonbyul and Soojung unnie, there’s rare moment for use to see fire or even just a little light in Moonbyul’s eyes,” Wheein replies. “But you did it since the first day we know you.”

“Do you remember we thanked you for that?” Hyejin asks.

Slowly Yongsun nods. There’s a bit blur in her memory about their first met but Yongsun knows something like that happened.

“Like we said, you’re not really good at hiding something. Your face tells the story,” Wheein continues. “We can be sure you’re honest person and we totally like you.”

Yongsun can see there is struggle in Wheein and Hyejin’s eyes before they continue their explanation.

“And honestly… we actually hope you can make her in love again,” Hyejin adds.

“I know… I know… you just break up and probably you’re totally straight,” Wheein continues without giving Yongsun chance to speak. “And we may risk her to have another break heart again.”

“But… I think if it’s you, it won’t be that bad,” Hyejin continues. “You will honestly tell her and talk to her about your real feeling. Slowly but sure Moonstar will accept that.”

“And maybe with that, she can learn that having a heart broken is not the end of the world,” Wheein ends it.

Yongsun stays quiet for a long moment. She tries to remember her conversation with Moonbyul last night. There’s one moment she can’t forget. That’s also the other reason why she can’t sleep that night.

“But… she’s afraid to have another broken heart,” Yongsun mumbles.

“Doesn’t mean she can’t try to love someone else, right?” Wheein asks.

Yongsun just realizes they can hear her. It makes her sigh deeply.

“They bug you again?”

Yongsun glances at Moonbyul who just served her the usual. She looks around before paying her attention back at Moonbyul.

“Do you really need to work now? Or you can join us?”

Yongsun can clearly see Moonbyul a bit taken aback with her sudden offer. She doesn’t mean to surprise her but she actually wants to know the girl better – not only from Wheein and Hyejin’s stories.

“Gimme a sec and I’ll join you,” Moonbyul quickly makes decision.

Yongsun follows Moonbyul with her eyes. She can see Moonbyul orders something to one of her employees. It’s the same person Moonbyul talked to before taking them dinner that night. Maybe he’s the one Moonbyul trust the most among them.

“Is there something happened between you two last night?” Hyejin enquires. “I know Unnie took longer time than usual to come back here. You don’t forget we stayed here, right?”

To think about it this morning Yongsun found Wheein and Hyejin at the stairs early in the morning. Yongsun almost 100% sure they didn’t help Moonbyul to open this place. There’s information at the window that said the coffee shop starts at noon and ends at midnight so the only chance…

“You both literally stayed here last night?” Yongsun asks back.

“It’s not fair, unnie! You should answer our question first before throwing one!” Wheein pouts.

“I’m sure I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter