Chapter Four

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun feels sad to see Moonbyul’s smile when the barista is observing Soojung with her boyfriend. The longing is too clear to be ignored. It builds the urge inside Yongsun to hug Moonbyul if only the taller girl not suddenly says,

“Let’s come in. The girls can’t wait to see you.”

In split second later Yongsun almost feels guilty not to call Moonbyul when Soojung is observing the coffee shop with longing (?) looks. It feels like the beauty girl wants to come but she’s afraid to go if Moonbyul doesn’t invite her by herself, not by the girls.

Maybe Yongsun needs to speak this idea to Wheein and Hyejin. For some reason, Yongsun wants them to meet… to settle down, maybe.

“The usual?”

Yongsun can see Moonbyul tries her best to act as usual when she takes a seat in front of Hyejin and Wheein. To appreciate Moonbyul’s effort, Yongsun decides to nod her head. After all, she has nothing else to order, right? She doesn’t want to taste other bitterness at this place.

“Does something happened, unnie?”

Sometimes Yongsun really hates her face that can’t hide feeling, especially when having a friend as straightforward as Hyejin. Does the young girl won’t let Yongsun breath first?

“Yes, but not me,” Yongsun knows how to explain the situation, but doesn’t want to reveal it soon.

“Ah… that.”

But it won’t hard for the other two young girls to find out while the beautiful girl still freezing across the street. For a moment it gives an idea to Yongsun’s mind about dragging that girl and forcing her to enter this place…. If only Yongsun didn’t remember she knew about the story no longer than 48 hours ago.

“Will it be better if Moonbyul asks her to come in?” Yongsun asks.

One of the reasons why Yongsun doesn’t like to keep her thought because she doesn’t want to have stomachache for thinking too much. She’s not really that good handling stress. Music sometimes helps, but sometimes… she can be drawn by her problems. That’s also the reason why Yongsun glad she met Wheein, Hyejin – of course – also Moonbyul after breaking up with Eddy.

“What if she rejects her offer?” Wheein asks. “It will bring another pain to her heart, right?”

It’s true. Yongsun not disagree but…

“She will come… eventually,” Hyejin says with a little hesitant in her voice. “Both of them need time… as long as it takes.”

Yongsun sighs. She feels frustrated. It feels like a solving problem is right in front of her eyes but no one take it. Should she confront Moonbyul for the idea? But who is she? Yongsun sighs more with all questions that suddenly burdening her brain.

“Are you okay?”

Every time Moonbyul suddenly sneaks behind her back, Yongsun really torn between shouting at her or melt with her concern. It feels like between slapping and hugging. This time Yongsun chooses to stare the return cold eyes.

“Is there something in my face?”

Cutely Moonbyul tries to fix her bangs. Yes, Yongsun is just thinking Moonbyul is cute. But it’s not weird right to think other girl is cute? It isn’t crime, right?

“No, nothing,” this time Yongsun chooses to reply shortly.

Yongsun still feels frustrated with the scene she watched earlier. For a second, Yongsun almost wishes Moonbyul will throw another greasy comment so the atmosphere will returns to usual. But again, this is real life story, something unexpected things happen.

“Move,” with hand gesture Moonbyul tells Yongsun to take the seat in the far corner. And without warning the barista decides to occupy the empty seat beside Yongsun.

“Let me ask you one more time, are you okay?”

Yongsun can see how smoothly Moonbyul takes her hand to place it between Moonbyul’s. In weird way – see? Yongsun always use weird to describe Moonbyul – Yongsun has no obligation to take it back. Yongsun knows it should be her who comforts Moonbyul, not the other way. She’s a friend, okay? But… who will reject the comfort? Since the beginning – even for her greasy comment – Moonbyul always gives comfort to Yongsun. It less painful than Yongsun expected for breaking up with Eddy. And it’s really thanks to Moonbyul’s caramel macchiato.

“I’m… fine. You?”

“As charming as usual.”

The expected smirk comes to Moonbyul’s face, but Yongsun knows better it’s the way Moonbyul avoids the topic. Yongsun respects that choice.

“Shut up!” Yongsun tries best to act as usual. They shouldn’t act weird, right?

Moonbyul laughs – a real one. Yongsun can see a little twinkle in her eyes.

“But seriously, are you okay? By sitting here, I can see clearly bangs under your eyes,” Moonbyul continues. “Are you having trouble sleeping? Should you stop drinking that?”

Yongsun glances at the glass Moonbyul just served her few moments ago. She shakes head. “Gwenchanayo… I’ll be fine.”

“If you said so,” Moonbyul only shrugs and slowly stands up. “Just tell me if you need something else.”

Yongsun only nods and let Moonbyul leaves the table.

“Is she always like that?” Being aware for being observed by Wheein and Hyejin, Yongsun decides to throw the first ball. “Worry about someone else to avoid her own sorrow?”

“You notice, huh?” Hyejin grins. “But she’s sincere, no worry.”

“I know,” Yongsun says. “I can see it in her eyes. I just feel a bit… guilty.”

“What for?” Wheein frowns.

Yongsun shakes her head. They can read her face, so Yongsun let them conclude it rather than she speaks about it. One of the reasons? Yongsun feels a bit afraid to name her feeling right now.

“So?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter