Chapter One

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you want something to eat, beauty? I heard sweets can help to fix your mood.”

Once again the barista gets closer to where Yongsun sitting. Although this is a coffee shop but they arranged it like a bar. There is some space near the bar for anyone who comes alone – like Yongsun – but there also chairs and tables like a normal coffee shop. It’s a comfy place but not too crowd. Yongsun thinks, maybe that’s also the reason why the greasy barista is bugging her again. It’s not too many customers at the moment so maybe she is bored.

“I think I had enough with your words, Byulyi-ssi. You’re too greasy for my taste,” Yongsun sarcastically replies. “And please find other customers to flirt with.”

“First, you can call me Moonbyul because it sounds cooler,” Moonbyul introduces herself once more. “And secondly, my mom told me it would be rude if I called someone with Yah, Oi or something similar with that. And since you never mentioned your name, I just came up with the perfect nickname for you. And beauty… it’s really suits you well.”

“Is this how you always get their names and number, Moonbyul-ssi?” Yongsun asks. “I admit it’s very smooth, but jinja!!! You make me cringe!!”

Yongsun can see Moonbyul only laughs listening to her comment. The barista seems enjoying Yongsun’s reaction too much. It makes Yongsun smile to see how hard the barista try to compose herself.

“Alright, pretty, sorry for trying,” Moonbyul gives up. “But if you need me, just call me, okay? I insist.”

Yongsun only nods.

“By the way…” when Yongsun thoughts the barista finally leaves her alone, suddenly Moonbyul turns around and face her again. “You look better when you smile.”

This time Yongsun only looks down because she can feels the heat on her cheeks. This sweet talker really gets into her nerve but Yongsun can’t say she doesn’t like it.

*

Yongsun feels dilemma when she is standing in front of the Moon & Star Coffee Shop. Although Moonbyul is a cringe worthy person but her coffee is really good. Yongsun misses the sweet taste on her lips. In weird way, it really helped her to calm down yesterday.

“Are you going to enter or leave? Decide soon.”

Yongsun turns around and finds a girl with red hair crossing her arms on the chest. She looks intimidating with her fatal pose.

“Hyejinie, don’t be rude!” the puppy-like girl besides her smacking her shoulder.

The red hair doesn’t complain although Yongsun knows it’s really hurt from the sounds effect she can hear from her standing position. She only looks at her friend and shrugs her shoulder.

“I’m sorry for my friend rudeness, Miss. But if you don’t mind, can you move a bit to right so we can enter this coffee shop?” the shorter girl continues speak to Yongsun.

“Ah, yeah, it’s okay. It’s my fault for standing here,” Yongsun replies. “And ple…”

“Something happened?”

Before Yongsun has a chance to finish what she wants to say, someone is coming out from the coffee shop. Yongsun can see the concern on Moonbyul’s eyes. Maybe she is worry people though there is a fight in front of her coffee shop. It won’t be good for business, right?

“Unnie, long time no see!!!”

The used to be a fatal girl suddenly jumps to Moonbyul’s arm. Yongsun can see the slightly taller girl than her not prepare for that action. But with good reflex, Moonbyul catches her smoothly. But what Yongsun doesn’t like to know is the slightly pang in her chest. She really doesn’t want to think about it.

“Long time no see too, Hyejin,” Moonbyul pats the back of the girl. “Have been busy with classes?”

“Yeah, the lecturers try to kill us with assignment,” Hyejin - is that her name? – pout. She really changes 180 degrees from what Yongsun see less than 10 minutes ago. She looks like a baby in front of Moonbyul, act cute and all. It makes Yongsun wants to pinch her chubby cheeks but she needs to resist it.

“Yeah, unnie. It’s never stopped since we enter college. It even getting worse and worse since we reach our last year,” the shorter girl also pouts too.

Moonbyul is only grins and ruffling her hair. “Ara, ara. How about both of you come inside first? I believe you have long story for me. And I bet you won’t reject my blueberry cake, right?”

“We love you, unnie!!” in amazing sync the both younger girls hug Moonbyul and move around like kids.

Yongsun can’t help but laugh to see the kindergarten members in adult form. But Yongsun admits what makes her smile earlier is to see Moonbyul’s warm smile while listening to both of them. She can see sincerity on it.

“Ah, hey, beauty, sorry for the noise,” but Yongsun’s laugh immediately cut off by how Moonbyul greets her. It makes her feels weird… cringe or something. “Are you coming in too?”

And Yongsun also realize – with that short greeting – she suddenly becomes the center of attention.

“She is standing in front of your coffee shop. Is she one of your stalkers, unnie?” shamelessly Hyejin points at her.

Moonbyul lowers her finger and shakes her head. “Don’t be rude, Hyejin. You shouldn’t point at someone just lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter