Monthly Evaluations

Angel League [엔젤 리그] || SME Girl Group || APPLY CLOSED - DISCONTINUED

Today was the day for monthly vocal evaluations. As per usual, the trainees were restless. However, this evaluation was different for the female trainees. Making the biggest impression was what mattered. The performance today would be one of the major deciding factors for which girl stays, and which girl goes. There would be absolutely no room for mistakes.

Several trainees occupied the waiting room, each in their own world, practising for what was to come. Song Ra Yeon and Bang Juyun waited along the wall for the evaluators to call them in. They tended to hang around each other, seeing as how they were a few of the older trainees. Both of them were especially keen on making it into the new project group. They had been training much longer than the rest of the girls that was for sure.

Juyun had been there when the new wave of trainees came in. Ra Yeon was one of them, and she made a point to stand out. She was head strong and always liked to do things her own way, even if it was inconvenient for the rest of the group. She was very sarcastic and sometimes it annoyed the older trainees, Juyun included. But that wasn’t a very big accomplishment. Juyun got annoyed easily anyway. Eventually though, they began to enjoy each other’s company. Both were very much like firecrackers about to be set off.

“Unnie, should I go up an octave at this point?” Ra Yeon turned to Juyun and sang her verse. She hit her high note at the very end. Juyun frowned.

“I think you should go up a little earlier,” she suggested. Ra Yeon nodded and performed the same verse, but in the way Juyun suggested.

Juyun nodded, “yeah, that sounds better.”

Ra Yeon frowned, “I’m super nervous unnie. This could make it or break it.”

“I wouldn’t worry about it,” Juyun shrugged, “we’re at the ripe age to debut. And besides, we have way more training than that new batch of kids.” Juyun pointed to the other side of the room, where the younger trainees sat nervously.

Ra Yeon noticed two girls who sat on their own, away from the groups. They looked out of place, like they didn’t know what to do or think. One was very boyish looking, almost like Amber. She stood out. Ra Yeon smirked, she liked her.

“Who are they?” Ra Yeon pointed out the two outsiders to Juyun.

Juyun paused for a minute, unsure, “I think those are the mixed race foreigners.” They looked lonely. Juyun got up from her leaning place on the wall. “Let’s go meet them!”

“Huh?” Ra Yeon was confused at the sudden change of personality but followed her unnie anyway.

 

Go Jin Ah studied her music sheet so intensely her eyes started to sting. She was nervous. This isn’t her first vocal evaluation. But it was definitely the first of this caliber. She didn’t get a wink of sleep last night. When she arrived in the waiting room, none of the other trainees came to greet her. She talked to them sometimes, and she knew them, but Jin Ah just didn’t click with them. The sense of humour was different between them and it was hard to talk about common interests. What Jin Ah thought was funny wasn’t the type of humour the Korean trainees thought were funny. She was straight from Melbourne, Australia and she only knows conversational Korean because her father made her learn it.

Another trainee sort of stood away from the rest of the girls. She was the American girl who had that boyish look. No one really approached her because she looked so cold. Her eyes were intense and when you get near her, she has this sort of blank stare. Jin Ah knew she was one of the older trainees. Not as old as the unnies though. She was kind of stuck in the middle.

Jin Ah got up from her spot on the floor and walked over to the American girl. Maybe it’d be easier to talk to another foreigner?

“Hello,” Jin Ah smiled cheerfully. The Korean trainees eyed her with interest. They’d never seen someone approach Lee Sanghee before. “I’m Jin Ah!”

Sanghee stared at Jin blankly for a brief moment before she broke into a goofy grin, “I’m Sanghee.”

Jin Ah’s eyes brightened at the welcoming smile Sanghee offered. She began to babble in English, “You’re from America right? Did you come here through the global audition? Are you Korean? My dad’s Korean but my mum’s Chinese.”

Sanghee laughed, “Yes, I’m from America, Illinois to be exact. I did come here through the global auditions. Although, at first I didn’t even want to be a Korean pop star. All I want to do is perform. I guess this was the way to do it.” She smiled sheepishly, “I am part Korean. I’m also a mix of British, German and African-American.”

“Wicked, you’re a mix of a lot of things,” Jin Ah’s eyes were wide.

“Yah, hoobaes! What’re you doing over here by your lonesome? Quit speaking in English. It’s confusing everyone,” Ra Yeon propped herself against the wall. Not that the English speakers confused Ra Yeon and Juyun. They were fluent in the language themselves.

“I see you’ve found each other,” Juyun noted. She grinned, “I’m Juyun. But I demand you call me June unnie.”

“June unnie,” Jin Ah’s smacked weirdly. “Blah, rolls off the tongue funny.”

“Yah! Don’t make fun of my name,” Juyun knocked Jin Ah in the head. Sanghee and Ra Yeon laughed.

“Hmm,” Ra Yeon mumbled. She pointed to Sanghee, “You kind of look like Amber.”

What the other three weren’t expecting was the harsh glare from Sanghee, “I do not.”

Ra Yeon held up her hands defensively but Juyun was the one who jumped in. “No, of course not. You look way different but your clothes are similar in style.”

Sanghee visibly relaxed, “I know. I just don’t like girly clothes.” She shrugged. She began to notice the thinning number of trainees in the waiting room. “I should go practice. It was nice meeting you guys.”

Jin Ah nodded and retreated to her spot back on the floor, “good luck unnies!”

The evaluator poked his head out of the door, “Song Ra Yeon. Please enter the room.”

Juyun slapped Ra Yeon on the shoulder, “you’ll be fine.”

Ra Yeon nodded and strode into the evaluation room with her head held high. 


The third set of trainees have been introduced!

And the applications will be closed on January 2nd. If you haven't applied, do so now!

Aish, it's really hard choosing just five. Although rest assured, if you didn't make it, you're still coming on the journey with us ♥

This quartet of trainees are comprised of JuneChanee's Bang Juyun (portrayed by Lee Da Som), sweetlilly9's Song Ra Yeon (portrayed by Kim Ha Yul), AceShawol's Lee Sanghee (portrayed by Park Yonghee) and MinaFish's Go Jin Ah (portrayed by Kim Shinyeong)

P.S. I just want to make a note that project groups can change members. If you are picked and fail to comment or participate in anyway, you will be replaced by one of the trainees that weren't selected.

CALLING ALL BOYFRIEND FANS!!!!!

I have made a new Boyfriend fic! It's called Watching You Watch Over Me and it's about a Guardian Angel-in-training who must watch one of the Boyfriend members. Please check it out!

-Lilmisschique

By the way, is anybody a fan of the new SME group EXO? I sure am. And they ARE going to be showing up.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!