You're Unfair

Bartender

Chanyeol felt his teeth chattering and wondered for the thousandth time that night how he had agreed to going to the light festival in town. He hated the cold, more importantly he hated freezing his off for no reason. And yes, the decorations were nice; the place practically looked like a winter wonderland, but they were so not worth his fingers going numb. He was pulled out of his thoughts by a laugh he had become completely used to. He liked to believe that he would also recognize that laugh no matter how far away he was from the source. Looking around he found his boyfriend laughing wholeheartedly with his best friend. The smile on Baekhyun's lips made Chanyeol's own lips quirk into a smirk. At least one of them was having fun.

 

It was then that he remembered why he was out in the cold and not at home under twenty blankets like he wished he was at the moment. It had been Baekhyun and Luhan's idea to go out tonight for the light festival. This was their double date night because once Luhan had found out that they were official he had insisted they go out every once in awhile. Chanyeol hadn’t minded in the slightest. He liked Luhan and Sehun. Maybe not today but  most other times they were great to be around. He looked over to his side and found Sehun looking as miserable as he felt and finding comfort in not being the only one who was literally freezing his off. Chanyeol bumped shoulders with Sehun to get his attention afraid to take his already frozen hands out of his pockets.

 

“You know I blame you for this right?” Chanyeol grumbled as another shiver traveled up his spine.

 

Sehun gave him an eye roll “I didn't see you put up much of a fight.”

 

“That wasn’t what we agreed on remember? And you swore you would get us out of this.” Chanyeol argued.

 

“Oh shut up. We agreed we would both try to convince them but no your whipped just couldn’t say no.” Sehun hissed.

 

“Oh so now I’m the whipped one? You practically go on your knees for Luhan.” Chanyeol snapped back fighting back the shiver that crept up on him.

 

“GUYS! Come on let’s take a picture.” Luhan called out enthusiastically.

 

Sehun and Chanyeol glared at each other before heading over to their boyfriends. They stood in front of the many sparkly trees that adorned the park they were in.  Luhan quickly looped his arm around Sehun's waist posing. Chanyeol slowly trudged over to Baekhyun side who gave him a warm smile.

 

“I told you to wear more layers.” Baekhyun said seeing as Chanyeol ducked his head into his scarf.

 

“Yeah yeah let's just take the picture.” He grumbled in response making Baekhyun laugh.

 

“You’re such a big baby” Baekhyun teased as he pulled Chanyeol in for a hug.

 

“Awww you guys are soo cute! Hurry up get over here.” Luhan called holding onto a selfie stick with his phone already in place.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol wobbled over and posed for the camera. All of them laughing when Chanyeol refused to smile and then proceed to get scolded by Baekhyun. Once the pictures were taken they all hobbled over to one of the many stalls that were set up around the park.  All the stalls were decked out in various forms of Christmas and Winter. Some stalls had only ornaments while others sold scarves and hats. There were stalls that served food and others that offered hot chocolate. The place could not scream Christmas than it already did.

 

The group decided to stop at one of the stalls that sold warmed up wine and Chanyeol could not be more eager when he was handed his own mug. With the warm drink flowing through him Chanyeol was able to enjoy more of the festival. The company wasn’t so bad either because Baekhyun had kept close to his side the whole time they walked through the various stalls. Chanyeol tried to pay close attention to anything Baekhyun would point out from the stalls in hopes of finding the other a Christmas gift. It was two weeks before Christmas and Chanyeol still didn't know what to get his boyfriend. He was absolutely clueless and Baekhyun refused to give him so much as a hint.


 

“You’re being oddly quiet. Did your tongue freeze?” Baekhyun whispered to him when they had stopped a candle stall for Luhan. They were waiting for Sehun to pay for whatever it had been that had caught Luhan's attention.

 

“No but I think my toes are about to fall off.” Chanyeol replied.

 

“We’re almost done then we can go lay under 20 blankets like you had originally wanted to.” Baekhyun said reassuringly.

 

“What about you though aren’t you even a little cold?”

 

“Nope. I like winter.”

 

“You’re so weird.”

 

“Oh whatever bartender.”

 

Soon they were joined by Luhan and Sehun. “Where to next?” Baekhyun asked his friend.

 

“Hmmm how about ice skating?” Luhan asked enthusiastically. At that both Sehun and Chanyeol groaned. There was no way in hell Chanyeol would be doing that. He had been through enough for the night. He certainly did not want to fall on his . Maybe some other day but definitely not today.

 

Luhan and Baekhyun both chuckled, “Alright you big babies what would you like to do?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“How about dinner?” Sehun asked.

 

“In a very warm restaurant?” Chanyeol added. He was grateful that Sehun was quick enough to answer.

 

“That serves soup?” Sehun's suggested sounding hopeful.

 

“Alright lead the way. I hope you guys know you’re paying.” Luhan said taking Sehun's hand.

 

“Luhan come on when do we ever not pay?” Chanyeol asked trailing behind them with Baekhyun looped on his arm.

 

“Is that a complaint Mr. Bartender?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Of course not. I’m just stating a fact is all.” Chanyeol answered.

 

“Uhuh sure sounds like a complaint to me.” Baekhyun replied causing Chanyeol to roll his eyes at him.

 

They were finally in a cozy little restaurant waiting on their food. Chanyeol was more than happy to be away from the cold and finally able to feel his toes again.

 

“Happy now you big baby?” Baekhyun asked voice teasing.

 

“Yes very.” Chanyeol replied making the other chuckle.

 

“I don’t know why you said yes to festival if you really didn't want to go.”

 

“I honestly didn't think it would be this cold. I didn't have a terrible time though.”

 

“Whipped.” Sehun coughed catching Luhan's attention.

 

“Oh and you're not?” Luhan asked giving him an offended look.

 

“Oh hey look the food is here!” Sehun cheered obviously trying to change the subject. Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughed at the lame attempt.


 

All in all Chanyeol had a good night. He was especially happy to have been able to keep all his toes. After dinner they had all gone their separate ways. Now he found himself sprawled out on his couch. He let out a content sigh at finally being home.

 

“Aren't you gonna come to bed?” Baekhyun called from Chanyeol bedroom doorway. Chanyeol couldn't help the smile that formed on his lips.  Every once in awhile Baekhyun would stay at his place after their dates or Chanyeol would stay at the others. It was their unspoken routine and it was the thing Chanyeol loved the most.

 

“Is that an invitation?” Chanyeol smirked from his spot on the couch.

 

“Seriously Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked incredulously.

 

“That's not an answer.” Chanyeol called out as he got up from the couch. “I mean I think I’m still a little cold. Wouldn't really mind if you warmed me up.”


 

“You’re really something else.” Baekhyun said leaning in the doorway.

 

Chanyeol gave a shrug “I try” he said before pulling Baekhyun away from the doorway and capturing his lips. Smiling slightly at the surprised squeak Baekhyun had let out.

 

Coming apart for air he looked down at Baekhyun who wore a somewhat dazed expression “So are you gonna help me warm up or -” he was cut off by a strong tug at the back of his neck and warm lips. Guess that was a yes?


 

Chanyeol let out a content sigh. Tonight was his last saturday working a double and he looked forward to having his Saturdays free again. It was his own fault really. Who told him it was a good idea to just say ‘ it’ and not go to work.  Suho had nearly murdered him when he had shown up the next day. He was mildly surprised Suho hadn’t fired him but then again Suho was his best friend it would take a lot more of Chanyeol ing up to actually lose his job. He remembered telling Baekhyun about it and Baekhyun just laughing at him while saying ‘I told you so’. Thinking of Baekhyun had reminded him how he still didn't have the others Christmas present and there wasn’t much time left. He had made plans with Sehun and Jongdae to go to the mall in one last effort to find something. He hadn’t realized how lost in thought he was until the bell by the door made him jump. Whipping his head towards the door he saw someone carrying a large box that had the words Christmas decorations written on it.  Rolling his eyes Chanyeol hopped over the bar counter to help his grunting boss.

 

“Jeez Suho I thought you were working out why are you grumbling so much.” Chanyeol greeted standing in front of his boss who had just managed to place the large box on one of the tables. The bar wasn’t open yet. They still had an hour before opening.

 

Suho shot Chanyeol a glare “Shut it you and help me decorate this place.”

 

“Suho we literally have less than two weeks why are we decorating for Christmas now?”

 

“Because Jongdae decided to tell his boss that they could have their late as office party here tonight.” Suho said looking through the box.

 

“Are you serious?!?”

 

“Yes. Luckily they’re totally fine with it being a lot less formal than the last time. I’m also going to keep the bar open to the general public because Jongdae's boss was too cheap to buy out the bar again.”

“.”

 

“Yup. Now stop asking stupid questions and help me make this place look slightly festive.”

 

“A please would get the job done much faster boss.”

 

“Your pushing it Chanyeol.”

 

“Alright alright”

 

And with that Suho and Chanyeol went around the bar putting random decorations around.  They hung up mistletoe, put tinsel all around the edge of the bar counters and made sure every table or booth had at least some sort of Christmas decoration. Chanyeol was surprised they had been able to make the place decent enough under an hour.

 

“Nice work Chanyeol.” Suho said as he came down from a step ladder.

 

“No problem boss man. Does this mean I can take my break now?”

 

“Let me guess you want to call your boyfriend to see if he’s coming to the office party?”

 

Chanyeol shrugged, “Maybe.”

 

Suho rolled his eyes. “Yeah go ahead Jaehyo's here so he’ll take over the bar.”

 

“Thanks!  You know you’re the best boss ever right?”

 

“Do you want to work more Saturdays?”

 

“Damn alright I’ll be in the back if you need me.” Chanyeol said before walking away. He doubted they would need him though. They had just opened and people didn't really start coming in until after seven. As he walked towards the back he pulled out his phone and noticed he had seven missed texts. He was surprised to see that three of them had been from Sehun, one from Luhan, and one from Jongdae.  The last two were from his boyfriend so he decided to check those first.

 

Hey our office is apparently holding the office party at your bar tonight. So I guess I’ll see you there?

 

Btw i’m gonna need a ride home because i do plan on getting trashed tonight

 

Chanyeol smiled at the two texts and quickly replied. The texts from Sehun and Jongdae were fairly similar in their enthusiasm to be coming to the bar later that night. Luhan's text had been by far the funniest. Luhan had wanted Chanyeol to swear he would cut off Sehun if he got drunk. He always found it endearing how much Luhan worried about his boyfriend. Sehun was a grown man that could take of himself but Luhan seemed to think otherwise so to appease the other Chanyeol swore he would in exchange he wanted Luhan to tell him what he could get Baekhyun for Christmas. Luhan agreed and Chanyeol felt a weight lifted off his shoulders. Feeling optimistic about the night Chanyeol took the liberty of mixing himself a drink and sipping on it until the end of break.

 

Two-hours later and Chanyeol was tired. The place was packed and the amount of drinks being ordered never lessened. Suho had to call in another bartender and mix drinks himself just to keep up with the demand. The office party hadn’t even arrived yet making Chanyeol feel a little more than a little anxious. The only thing going for him at this point was his tips. He was handing the waitress the last drink from her order when out of the corner of his eye he spotted a familiar group at the door. A small smile formed on his lips when he finally got a good glance at the group that was now making their way towards him.

 

“Chanyeol!” Jongdae called out as soon as he was within ear shot. Chanyeol gave him a nod and smiled brightly when he saw his boyfriend give him a small wave.

 

“Hey guys!” Chanyeol greeted. He was lucky there was three other bartenders working otherwise he wouldn’t have been able to greet his friends.

 

“The big boss is paying so you know what to do” Jongdae cheered making Baekhyun look at him with distaste.

 

“Jongdae do you have to be so obnoxious every time we come here?” Baekhyun chided.

 

“Stop being such a party pooper Baek shouldn’t you be happy your getting to see your boyfriend after all” Sehun said in Jongdae's defence. Chanyeol let out a chuckle. Time had passed but the only thing that had changed was that now Baekhyun and Chanyeol were together. Other than that they all acted very much like they did when Chanyeol had first met Baekhyun.

 

“So did you guys want to keep arguing or did you want to take some shots?” Chanyeol interjected before Baekhyun could snap back at Sehun.

 

“Yes please.” the trio announced simultaneously. Chanyeol nodded in approval and brought out 3 shot glasses and a bottle of tequila.

 

He poured out the drinks and pushed them towards his friends, “Enjoy!” He said as he watched all three of them eagerly took their shots.

 

“Thanks Chanyeol you always know how to treat your customers that’s why I suggested this place to Mr. Woo.” Jongdae said setting his shot glass in front of Chanyeol.

 

“Well I appreciate the gesture and all but next time give Suho a little more head up he was practically having a heart attack getting this place decorated.”

 

“Let's be honest Suho is always almost having a heart attack but enough about him.  I need me a blue motherer stat.”

 

“Make that two” Baekhyun said as he also pushed his shot glass towards Chanyeol.

 

“Nope, three please.” Sehun added enthusiastically.

 

“Alright three blue motherers coming right up.” Chanyeol said before turning to get started on the drinks.

 

He watched Baekhyun as the night progressed. To Chanyeol it looked like he really was on a mission to get trashed. It was amusing to see him struggle to keep from over blinking and losing somewhat of his balance. It was cute even. He was in the middle of wiping down a counter when suddenly Baekhyun appeared before him.

 

“Hey.” Baekhyun greeted lazy smile gracing his face making Chanyeol's insides turn.

 

“Hey yourself. You having a good time?”

 

“Ummhhhmm” Baekhyun nodded. “It would be more fun if you were out here with me. We could have made fun of Jongdae together.”

 

“It’s okay we’ll go together to other parties.”

 

“True....Hey Chanyeol look up.”


 

Chanyeol gave his boyfriend a curious look before looking up. Not seeing anything he thought maybe Baekhyun had had one way too many but when he looked back at his boyfriend he was holding onto a mistletoe.

 

“Mistletoe” Baekhyun said holding it above his head and smiling at Chanyeol cheekily.

 

Chanyeol let out a chuckle “I think you’re officially trashed.”

 

“Heeey that’s rude. You’re supposed to kiss me not tease me” Baekhyun pouted. Chanyeol laughed before indulging the shorter with a quick peck on the lips.

 

“Better?” he asked when he pulled away.

 

“Definitely”

 

Their little moment was cut short when Suho clapped Chanyeol's back. Chanyeol winced from the sting but made no move to throw off Suho's arm from around him. Baekhyun gave him a sympathetic look before looking over at Suho.


 

“Hello Baekhyun how's it going?”

 

“Pretty good. Suho how are you doing?”

 

“Well it’s busy so I’m doing great, but could you do me a huge favor?”

 

“Maybe?”

 

“Could you maybe not distract my best bartender?”

 

Baekhyun let out a chuckle, “Alright Suho I will try my best not to distract him if you let him off early tonight?”  

 

Chanyeol looked wide eyed at his boyfriend. He couldn’t believe he had just asked Suho for that.

 

“Well seeing as he’s distracted by you when you’re not even here sure you can have him in two hours.” Suho replied ruffling up Chanyeol's hair before leaving.

 

Chanyeol whipped his around and stared wide eyed at his boss’s retreating form. Was this a joke? It was bearly midnight. He didn't think he’d get to go home t’ill 4 in the morning at the earliest. He turned back to look at his boyfriend who wore a very smug looking smile.

 

“See that bartender all you had to do was bargain and ask and boom now we get to go home early.” Baekhyun said resting his crossed arms on the bar counter directly across Chanyeol.

 

“You’re really something else…” Chanyeol replied still shocked Baekhyun had just asked his boss to let him off earlier.

 

“I try.” Baekhyun said with a cheesy wink, “Now if you will please make me another blue motherer so I can be on my way before your boss decides to change his mind, it would be highly appreciated.”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t help but chuckle “You really think you can handle one more drink?”

 

“I am still standing aren’t I? And I’m not slurring...at least I think I’m not so yes Mr. Bartender I think I can handle another drink.”

 

Chanyeol shrugged “ Alright but if you puke in my car you have to clean it up.”

 

“Yeah yeah whatever now hurry up on my drink will you?”

 

“Damn, so bossy.” Chanyeol whispered to himself as he got the stuff he needed for his boyfriend's drink. Once he was done mixing the drink and pouring it into a glass he slid it over to Baekhyun who gave him an appreciative smile before heading off into the crowd.


 

Hours later Chanyeol found himself giving Baekhyun a piggyback ride as the other had gotten completely trashed much like he had promised in his text earlier. They would have been home sooner had Baekhyun and Sehun not gotten in the world’s saddest fight that was only broken up when Luhan had come in to pull his boyfriend out of the bar by the ear. Chanyeol had almost peed himself from laughing at the sight. He wasn’t even too sure what the fight could have been about but was happy to finally be going home even if he had to carry Baekhyun on his back.

 

When they finally reached his apartment Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief when he put a passed out Baekhyun into bed. Too lazy and tired to change or shower Chanyeol let himself fall back next to Baekhyun allowing sleep to overcome his senses.

 
 
 
A/N: Hi....this is late....I'm sorry....I really hope you guys like it though.....see you in the next chapter!