Camisado

Bartender

Chanyeol sat on his couch staring at the door. Baekhyun had texted him that he would be over soon but that had felt like hours ago. It had been more  like half an hour but Chanyeol was just way too excited to see the other. Not just because he hadn’t spent any time alone with him (since like a week ago but who’s keeping track?) but also because today they would be planning their revenge on Jongdae and Suho.

 

A whole three days had passed since the night of the drinking competition. This meeting at Chanyeol's house had actually been part of the plan.  Chanyeol had told Suho that Baekhyun was coming over for him to fulfill his end of the bet and Baekhyun had done the same with Jongdae. They had done this in an effort to keep both their friends thinking that they had no idea what was going on. It had been a little risky because this could have easily backfired if either Jongdae or Suho caved and confessed but they didn’t. If anything Chanyeol knew for a fact that the other two would think that this whole bet thing had gotten funnier. With Chanyeol and Baekhyun meeting up both thinking they had lost and then find out they hadn’t who wouldn’t think that was hilarious?

 

But that had been the easy part because after this the other two would be on guard.  They would know that Baekhyun and Chanyeol knew what they had done so it was up to Baekhyun and him to make them believe they were safe. Make them believe that everything was okay and that they weren’t in any sort of trouble.

 

Chanyeol let out an evil chuckle just thinking about it. If there was anything that Chanyeol loved more than his job as a bartender it was getting even. Playing pranks and getting payback were two of Chanyeol's favourite things back in high school. It was part of the reason he and Jongdae got along when they first met and why he and Suho were best friends. And now it was the thing that allowed him to get closer to Baekhyun.

 

A loud knock pulled Chanyeol out of his musings and he instantly shot up from his seat on the couch. He quickly made his way to the door and opened with anticipation. When he saw Baekhyun smile up at him he realized that the wait had been worth it.

 

Chanyeol smiled back before moving to the side so that Baekhyun could walk in. Baekhyun did just that and went to sit at Chanyeol's table where he pulled out a laptop out of a briefcase Chanyeol hadn’t noticed before.

 

‘‘Are you going to stand there all day or are you going to come help me plan this?” Baekhyun asked looking at Chanyeol from his seat.  Chanyeol hadn’t even noticed he was still standing by the door staring until Baekhyun spoke up. He gave Baekhyun a sheepish smile before closing the door behind him and walking over to sit next to Baekhyun.

 

“Sorry” Chanyeol said taking his seat next to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun let out a chuckle at Chanyeol's expression but didn't say anything. Instead he looked back at his laptop and  started typing something.

 

“Is the laptop really necessary?” Chanyeol asked watching Baekhyun type away.

 

“Sorry this actually isn’t for the planning...I just needed to finish up some work.” Baekhyun said looking over at Chanyeol who gave a nod in understanding.

 

“Oh okay… so are we going with your idea or mine?”

 

“Ummm tell me your idea again.” Baekhyun said not looking up from his laptop.

 

“I was thinking of getting them both really drunk and leaving them in each others houses with no explanation.”

 

“Oh yeah...hmmm it’s a good idea but I like my idea a little more” Baekhyun replied.

 

“Oh come on! Mines pretty good! Yours is just setting them up on blind dates that aren't going to show up.” Chanyeol whined.

 

“Hey! You asked me which one we were going to go with and excuse you, but the blind date idea is great and if you had actually paid attention to what I said last night you would remember that we’re setting them up on blind dates with each other.” Baekhyun snapped.

 

“Pffft Okay please explain to me how that will be amusing” Chanyeol replied crossing his arms in front of his chest. He honestly didn't care how they got back at Jongdae and Suho at this point he just really liked getting Baekhyun fired up.

 

“Look Mr. Bartender it’s going to be funny if we do this the right way. Now if you're going to keep questioning me I might as well do this myself.”

 

Chanyeol let out an amused chuckle at Baekhyun’s annoyed expression. God he’s soo cute he thought to himself before replying, “Fine we’ll do this together, but it better be funny.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at him but went back to typing on his laptop.

 

Feeling a little awkward Chanyeol decided to walk over to his fridge and pull out a beer for himself and not wanting to be a bad host he asked Baekhyun if he wanted anything.

 

“I’ll have some water.” Baekhyun had called out. Chanyeol got them their drinks and sat back next to Baekhyun scooting the water bottle over to the other who said a small thanks while continuing his work.

 

Chanyeol sat there waiting, playing with the beer bottles cap when he thought of something he could ask Baekhyun. Something that he had been curious about for awhile.

 

“Hey Baek?” he tested hoping not to annoy the other

 

“Hmmm” Baekhyun responded not looking away from the screen.

 

“What was that thing between you and your friend Sehun?”

 

Baekhyun instantly froze but quickly composed himself and looked over at Chanyeol. ”What thing?”

 

“Remember last time you cut him off and kind of threatened him…”

 

“Ohhh nothing really it’s just stupid stuff.” Baekhyun replied before closing his laptop and taking a sip of his water.

 

“Awww come on Baek you said you would tell me.” Chanyeol whined giving Baekhyun his best attempt at puppy eyes.

  

Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh at Chanyeol. “Seriously it's not that interesting.” He said

between giggles.

 

“You’re no fun” grumbled Chanyeol before he took a sip of his beer.

 

“I’m plenty fun and since I’m done with my work how about we start planning how we’re going to get Suho and Jongdae on the blind date.”

Chanyeol grumbled incoherently but let it go. He figured he could always ask again later.

 

Hours later they were both sitting on the couch laughing at their plan. The idea was full proof and neither of them could wait until they could finally put it into action. It was simple really all they had to do was get Jongdae and Suho to go on blind dates on the same day.  What made it easier was the fact that both Chanyeol and Baekhyun knew the other two's schedules. All they really had to do was talk up the fake date enough to make them interested. The best part of it was that they would make them meet the fake date at Baekhyun’s friend Luhan’s restaurant.  Once both of them arrived to the restaurant they would be seated together and then Baekhyun and Chanyeol would come in and break the news to their dear friends.

 

“Oh my god this is so perfect!” Chanyeol cheered

 

“I know! I can’t wait to see the look on their faces!” Baekhyun replied just as enthusiastically.

 

They burst into fits of laughter just imagining their friends faces and then slowly Chanyeol’s conscious kicked in making his laughter die down. He looked over at Baekhyun who was still laughing and asked, “You don’t think this is too harsh?”

 

“What?”Baekhyun said looking completely confused.

 

“You know you don’t think  this prank is going to far?” Chanyeol tried again.

 

“No I heard you, but come on it’s Jongdae, the king of trolling, and if I remember correctly didn't you tell me Suho has non stop been teasing you about me?” Baekhyun replied. “Plus they’re our best friends they’ll be fine. Our biggest worry should be them believing us.” Baekhyun added at Chanyeol's thoughtful expression.

 

“Yeah you’re probably right.”

 

“I’m always right but I honestly never thought you to be a softy.” Baekhyun teased nudging Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol laughed, “Me? A softy? Pleeeease..”

 

“Uhuh. Deny it Bartender but I can tell you're a true softy under all that cocky exterior you like to front.” Baekhyun said poking Chanyeol in the chest.

 

Chanyeol laughed but didn’t deny it.

 

“Seee you can’t even deny it!” Baekhyun cheered eyes full of amusement. Chanyeol felt himself getting lost in those eyes and didn’t even notice he was leaning in until his lips were on Baekhyun’s.  He felt his head spin when Baekhyun kissed him back. This kiss was much more innocent than their first but it was enough to leave them both a little breathless.  They broke apart feeling a little dazed. Chanyeol felt his heart flutter when he noticed the slight blush on Baekhyun cheeks but quickly adverted his gaze.

 

“I'm sorry I shouldn’t have-” Chanyeol started feeling a little awkward but was soon cut off by another quick peck by Baekhyun.

 

“Don’t apologize...I- We’re dating remember?” Baekhyun said looking at Chanyeol.

 

“I uhh so it’s okay if I…”

 

“Yes Chanyeol it's okay if you kiss me.  Why are so hesitant about it and insecure? Aren’t you the sauve bartender?”

 

Chanyeol let out a deep sigh “I uhh okay so remember like I don't’ know a about a month ago when you and Jongdae got  really drunk and I dropped you guys off at Jongdae's house?”

 

At Baekhyun’s nod he continued “I was carrying you and you told me that ummm that you liked me but that you wouldn’t date me because I’m too cocky and well I really like you and don't want to scare you away.” Chanyeol quickly finished looking over at Baekhyun to see his reaction.

 

Baekhyun looked to be thinking it over and then he burst out into giggles. Chanyeol was completely confused by the others reaction. He was definitely not expecting that sort of reaction.

 

Baekhyun giggles died down and he looked back at Chanyeol with a brilliant smile “You really are a softy.” He teased before giggling some more.

 

“Aww come on Baek… I'm being serious” Chanyeol whined. This is what he gets for liking someone like Baekhyun he thought to himself.

 

“I am too! You are a total softy but don't worry it adds to your charm” Baekhyun replied smiling at Chanyeol.

 

 

Chanyeol brightened at that and felt relief wash through him. The smile Baekhyun was giving him made him feel like he didn't have to hold back anymore.  He felt a smile of his own spread on his lips looking at Baekhyun.

 

“But don’t let it go  to your head bartender I am slowly getting used to your ego and I don’t think I can handle it getting inflated.” Baekhyun teased making Chanyeol laugh.

 

“You know Baek I’m starting to think maybe it was my cockyness that attracted you to me.” Chanyeol replied with a wink.

 

“Pffff hell no.” Baekhyun said  rolling his eyes and smiling in amusement.

 

“Oh? Then what was it?” Chanyeol asked with genuine curiosity.

 

Chanyeol enjoyed the slight blush that spread on Baekhyun's face. The image was adorable and it made Chanyeol want to pull him into a hug and pinch his cheeks but he knew that could end up badly so he restrained himself.

 

Baekhyun adverted his gaze from Chanyeol as if searching for the right words. When Baekhyun turned to look at him again Chanyeol thought he was really going to get answer

 

“Ummm know what, how about I tell you about the Sehun thing?” Baekhyun asked instead making Chanyeol face fall.

 

“What? No come on tell me.” Chanyeol replied once he’d composed his features.

 

“How about we not do cheesy stuff tonight..” Chanyeol was going to protest but Baekhyun held a hand up “I’ll tell you just not tonight..”

 

Chanyeol huffed “ What’s soo bad about being cheesy? Come on Baek I can easily tell you what made me like you.”

 

“Alright do it.” Baekhyun challenged making Chanyeol chuckle.

 

“You're gorgeous Baek.” Chanyeol smirked making Baekhyun shake his head in amusement.

 

“Figures you’d go for the physical.” Baekhyun replied.

 

“Hey! I was just complimenting you jezz a thank you would be nice.” Chanyeol beamed making Baekhyun laugh. He hadn’t heard Baekhyun laugh so much in one night and was thoroughly enjoying the moment.

 

“Pfft okay but I’m not thanking you for telling me something I already know.”

 

“That. That’s what made me like you. You’re very upfront and say what’s on your mind it’s really attractive to see you get fired up... Aside from you know the physical.” Chanyeol said looking at Baekhyun. He watched as Baekhyun stayed silent for a moment before a shy smile formed his lips.

 

Baekhyun then did something Chanyeol was not expecting. He reached for Chanyeol’s face pulled him closer and kissed him. Chanyeol froze for a second but kissed the other back eventually smiling into the kiss.

 

They broke apart and Baekhyun said “You’re way too cheesy but I guess...it’s not all bad.”

Chanyeol beamed at the other before saying, “You’re turn.”

 

“Fine.” Baekhyun grumbled. “I liked how you didn't let my attitude get to you. I know I can be really snappy but you never let it phase you.”

 

Chanyeol smiled “Really that’s it? It wasn’t my ability to carry you or my awesome drink making skills?” he teased.

 

 

“Well your strength was impressive considering you look like a noodle and your drinks are good but neither of those would really make want to date you.” Baekhyun said with a shrug.

 

Chanyeol smiled remembering that this was the second time Baekhyun had called him a noodle. Baekhyun smiled back and they fell into a comfortable silence. It was cut short when he felt his stomach grumble.

 

“Hey Baek do want to order food and maybe have this be our second date?” Chanyeol asked watching Baekhyun tilt his head in contemplation before breaking into a breathtaking smile.

 

“Sure”





A/N: THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBBING YOU BEAUTIFUL SOULS!!!!! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and feel free to comment! T'ill the next chapter