A little bit scandalous

Bartender

Chanyeol was wiping down the counters in preparation for a private event being held that night.  Private events were Chanyeol’s favorite because it meant an open tab, and since people were going to get heavily intoxicated it meant very nice tips. He was also looking forward to this event because the event was being held by a publishing company he was well acquainted with.  

 

“What’s got you all smiley?” Suho asked causing Chanyeol to jump.

 

“Jesus Suho, you’re going to give me a heart attack!!” Chanyeol cried clutching his shirt.

 

“You seriously didn’t hear me coming?” Suho asked raising an eyebrow.

 

“No! I did not hear you coming!” Chanyeol responded angrily.

 

“Wow you got it baaad!” Suho teased making Chanyeol give him a confused look.

 

“Got what bad?”

 

“Oh you know….” Suho said wiggling  his eyebrows repeatedly.

 

“Every day you get weirder and weirder…why are you talking in code?” Chanyeol asked feeling annoyed with the looks Suho was giving him.

 

“You my dear friend are becoming more slow, but it can’t be helped with your current condition.” Suho smirked.

 

“After tonight I quit! I can’t handle you anymore!” Chanyeol groaned walking to the other side of the bar to wipe the counter.

 

“Hey! You can’t leave me!!! You love me remember!?!” Suho shrieked genuine fear reflected on his face as he followed behind Chanyeol.

 

“I’m reconsidering our friendship based on your behavior.” Chanyeol grumbled.

 

“Why can’t I have any fun!?!  Come on Chanyeol this is the first time I’ve ever seen you like this.” Suho teased now standing in front of Chanyeol.

 

“Like how?” Chanyeol asked still confused.

 

Suho broke out into a big smile and leaned forward to say “Whipped” and then turned to walk away.  

 

Chanyeol spluttered and after regaining his composure he went after Suho.

“I’m what?!”

 

“You heard me! You sir are whipped.” Suho said with a smirk that made Chanyeol want to wipe it off.

 

“You’re nuts!”

 

“Am I? Because whenever you think I’m not looking I’ve seen you on your phone grinning ear to ear.”

 

“So what? That does not mean I am whipped.”

 

“Okay how about the fact that tonight was supposed to be your day off and you practically begged me to work tonight?” Suho asked with a smirk

 

“You know I like working private events! Plus I need money….”  Chanyeol replied.

 

“Uhuh  and you’re totally not looking forward to a certain guy with attitude problems being here tonight”

 

“He does NOT have attitude problems!” Chanyeol yelled making Suho smile wider at him. As soon as he realized what he said Chanyeol looked at Suho in horror clapping a hand over his mouth.

“Dude come on!! I haven’t said anyone's name and yet you were able to think of someone...go ahead explain that” Suho challenged.

 

“ off” was Chanyeol simple reply as he went back to cleaning

 

“Hahaha love you to! And by the way you missed a spot” Suho replied before turning around and leaving.

 

Chanyeol turned to see his boss and friend leave before letting out a small chuckle and getting back to work. The bar was closed for the time being in order for them to get ready for the event being held later on. Unlike regular nights the bar was actually decorated and had a food table laid out.  The publishing company was celebrating its 20th year of being in business, and had requested that the bar be decorated in order to really make it look like a celebration. The place was decked out with blue and white balloons and every table had table cloths of either color.  Chanyeol thought it was going to look cheesy but it ended up looking really nice. It reminded Chanyeol of fancy banquet halls.

 

When he finished up cleaning the last counter Chanyeol looked around to make sure everything was ready and stocked. As he was taking inventory of the all the drinks, his mind began to wander to the teasing he had received from Suho earlier.

That really has nothing to do… I bet he’s exaggerating. I mean I can’t be acting that ridiculous can I?....I’m sure he’s just trying to push my buttons. I can’t be whipped….let alone act like I am! I mean I really like Baekhyun but I doubt I’m whipped….We’ve only been on one real date since the dinner…  

 

Chanyeol stared at the bottles he was counting as if they would provide the answers to his question when he realized he had completely forgotten what number he was on.

“Aww what number did I leave off on?” he whispered to himself and let out a groan.  Shaking his head so he could focus on his task instead of dwelling on Suho’s teasing.

 

When he was done restocking he got a text from Baekhyun and felt himself smile.  Realizing that he was smiling dumbly at his phone, he quickly looked around to see if there was any sign of his boss. He let out a breath when he saw that his boss was nowhere in sight. The last thing he wanted was for Suho to use this as proof that he was “whipped”. Pff as if he thought to himself before unlocking his phone and reading the text Baekhyun had sent him.

 

Hey, I was just wondering if you were going to be working tonight. The publishing company I work for is having a party at the bar you work tonight.

 

Chanyeol laughed to himself. Leave it to Baekhyun to not mention the party until the night of. Chanyeol had known about it since the week before; since he happened to see it marked on Suho’s calendar. He hadn’t thought much of it at first glance, but then he realized he knew that company name and remembered that Chen had mentioned the publishing company he worked for a couple times.  Knowing this would be another chance to see Baekhyun, he had quickly jumped on it without telling the other. He wanted it to be a surprise and he knew the money wasn’t going to be bad, so it ended up being a win win situation for him. He would get to see Baekhyun and he would be rolling in tip money. He figured Baekhyun hadn’t mentioned the party before because knowing from previous texts the guy had been swamped at work and must have forgotten.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had developed a weird relationship after the dinner they shared a couple of weeks ago. They weren’t exactly boyfriends, but they had made it clear that they would be exclusive. Along with that they both had only been on one real date a week ago. Nothing crazy they just went to see a movie and had dinner. They would text each other often just to keep in touch. Chanyeol wasn’t complaining though. He was fine with how things were and he really didn’t want to take anything too fast. He may be a flirt, but he was also a gentleman. After that first kiss they had unexpectedly shared, Baekhyun had made it a point to Chanyeol that he wasn’t usually like that and Chanyeol told him it was okay. And it was okay because Chanyeol really did like Baekhyun and he didn’t want to rush him into doing things he didn’t want to do.  If Chanyeol was being completely honest Baekhyun would be the only person that had ever caught his interest for so long. He really could not get enough of the other and was worried that he could scare the other off with his flirty ways. So far he hadn’t and he was really happy but the fear remained and he would try his best to not be “cocky” as the drunk Baekhyun had put it.

 

Letting out a content sigh Chanyeol replied to Baekhyun saying that he would not be working for the sake of his surprise. It may not be a grand surprise, but a part of Chanyeol really liked watching Baekhyun get fired up. He loved whenever he would text Baekhyun saying something overly cheesy or flirty trying to picture his reaction after receiving an angry text back. He couldn’t explain to himself why he liked pushing the others buttons so much but it was amusing and he would probably never stop. That is unless Baekhyun told him to but he hadn’t so far so he was keep enjoying himself.

 

And so the party began. Chanyeol was kept busy mixing drinks and serving them to those who chose to stay by the bar. It had been two hours since the party began and Chanyeol had yet to see Baekhyun and he was beginning to worry. What if he didn’t come because he wanted me to be here? He thought to himself as he handed a drink over to one of the customers.  He was going to pull out his phone to check the time when he heard someone clear their throat he looked up to see none other than the person that was on his mind. He smiled at the others expression. Baekhyun was standing in front of him with his chin up and his eyebrows raised in question.

 

“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun asked accusingly as he stepped closer to the bar so that Chanyeol could hear him.

 

“I work here silly what else would I be doing here?” Chanyeol asked faking innocence.

 

“You think you’re real cute don’t you?”

 

“Ohhh no you got that wrong I don’t think… I know I’m cute.” Chanyeol said giving Baekhyun a wink that had the other sputtering.

 

“And funny I didn’t think your ego could be any bigger. You have proven me wrong.” Baekhyun replied crossing his arms in front of his chest.

 

Having had his fun Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a sheepish smile and said “Surprise!” making Baekhyun roll his eyes at him.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were going to be here when I texted you earlier?”

 

“I wanted to surprise you.” Chanyeol shrugged “What can I get you?” he asked hoping Baekhyun wasn’t as mad as he looked.

 

Shaking his head Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol before contemplating what he wanted to drink (Thank god Chanyeol thought to himself).

 

“I’m not really too sure what would you recommend mister bartender?”

 

Chanyeol grinned back “Well sir it depends, are you looking to get wasted tonight or just a little buzzed?” he asked following along Baekhyun's banter.

 

“Surprise me” was all Baekhyun said eyes sparkling causing Chanyeol to let out a laugh before he started preparing Baekhyun’s drink.

 

“CHANYEOL!!!”  He heard someone scream as he handed the drink over to Baekhyun. Looking at the crowd he could see someone walking towards them and instantly recognized him as Jongdae who was followed by a tall guy who had helped him get Baekhyun into his car.

 

“Hey Jongdae! How’s it going? “Chanyeol called out as Jongdae got closer.

 

“Great! Yourself?” Jongdae asked finally having reached them.

 

“Pretty good. “ Chanyeol replied and nodded at Jongdae’s friend who was standing behind him.

 

“Oh this is my co-worker and friend Sehun. I’m sure you’ve seen him with me before” Jongdae seeing the interaction.

 

“Yeah I know him” Chanyeol smiled,not feeling the need to tell them it had been Sehun who helped get Jongdae and Baekhyun into his car, and asked

“What can I get you guys?”

 

Before Jongdae could answer him Sehun took notice of Baekhyun and called out his name. Chanyeol hadn’t even noticed that Baekhyun had turned his back to his friends. He watched as Baekhyun’s back stiffened at the mention of his name and he quickly turned around to face all of them.

Why is he hiding?  He thought to himself while looking at the fake smile plastered on Baekhyun’s face.

 

“Hey guys, how’s it going?” Baekhyun said a little awkwardly.

 

“Hey Baek! I totally didn’t even see you there” said Jongdae smiling over at Baekhyun.

 

“It’s fine don’t even worry about it”
 

Chanyeol observed the group and noticed how Sehun had mischief in his eyes and wondered what could be going on.

 

“Hey Baek is this who you and Luhan co-” Sehun was saying before he was instantly cut off by Baekhyun.

 

“Sehun! Oh my gosh did you bring Luhan? There’s been something I’ve been meaning to tell him” Baekhyun said in a voice that made Chanyeol really scared for Sehun.

 

The mischief in Sehun’s eyes completely disappeared and his face paled.” I..no he...uhhh he didn’t come..” Sehun stuttered and a look of triumph passed over Baekhyun’s features before he smirked at Sehun. Sehun then turned to Chanyeol and said “Hey Chanyeol umm I could really use a blue motherer right now.”

 

“Yeah man coming right up.” Chanyeol replied instantly still feeling a bit confused with the whole interaction.

 

“Ooookay then, um one for me too.” Jongdae said. Chanyeol nodded and felt better for not being the only one who was confused by the whole exchange.

 

Once Chanyeol gave Sehun and Jongdae their drinks the two thanked him and walked off. Seeing that it was just him and Baekhyun Chanyeol figured he could ask him what he had just witnessed .

“Soo um what was that all about?”

 

“Hmmm?” Baekhyun replied after taking a sip from  his drink.

 

“You know the whole thing with you and Sehun?”  Chanyeol tried again.

 

“Ohh um how about  I tell you about that another time.  It’s really nothing.” Baekhyun replied.

 

“Are you sure? I mean it didn’t look like nothing..” Chanyeol trailed off watching Baekhyun who was starting to look annoyed.

 

“Yeah it’s nothing…” Baekhyun reaffirmed with a nod but Chanyeol didn’t miss when Baekhyun whispered, “Just Sehun thinking he can be a little ”

 

Deciding not to push it further Chanyeol changed the subject.

 

“So how’s the drink?”

 

“It’s good thanks what is it called?” Baekhyun asked with genuine curiosity.

 

“Liquid ” Chanyeol said nonchalantly making Baekhyun give him a look of disgust.

 

“I swear drinks have the ing weirdest names. Is it called that because it’s slightly green?”

 

“Yup you got it”

 

“Stupid” Baekhyun grumbled while shaking his head  and taking another sip from his drink making Chanyeol laugh.

 

Chanyeol noticed that more people were coming up to the bar so he excused himself to Baekhyun and got back to work before Suho could come out and yell at him or worse in front of Baekhyun.

 

It felt like hours before Chanyeol could take a small break. The crowds were all settled, and everyone had drinks while having a good time. He had made quite a lot of tips during that time and was feeling really happy. He started humming while wiping down the counters and failed to notice Baekhyun and Jongdae walking up to him.

 

“Hey Chanyeol” Jongdae called causing Chanyeol to jump a little. What the is wrong with me today?! Since when have I been this distracted? Chanyeol thought to himself noticing this was the second time that day he had been startled. He composed himself and smiled at the other two who were now leaning on the counter. Baekhyun looked irritated but Jongdae had mischief in his eyes that made Chanyeol feel a little nervous.

 

“Hey guys how’s the party?” He asked trying to push the nervous feeling away.

 

“Wonderful” Jongdae replied beaming at Chanyeol.

 

“Good glad you guys are having a good time.” Chanyeol said feeling like he was missing something. Jongdae and Baekhyuns’  behavior was really strange and Chanyeol couldn’t figure out why.

 

“So my friend here Baekhyun just lost a bet to me annnd I was wondering if you could help me out with something?” Jongdae said soon after causing Chanyeol to look over at Baekhyun who seemed to be fuming.

 

“Uhhh sure I guess what’s up?”

 

“Sweet! Okay so since Baekhyun lost the bet earlier he has to have a drinking competition with the best drinker I know and that my dear friend is you.” Jongdae said while smiling.

 

Chanyeol gave Jongdae an incredulous look

“You want me to go up against Baekhyun in a drinking competition?  Why?”

 

“Because it’ll be fun and well you guys are both some of the best drinkers I know.. I’ve actually wanted this to happen for some time now … so what do you say are you in?”

 
 

 A/N: Hellooo so  um heres the next chapter sorry for the delay....um Cliffhanger?! (sorrynotsorry)) but also thank you soo much for Subscribing and being patient I really do hope you guys like this chapter! Oh and please feel free to comment :) Annnnd no promises but the next chapter should be up soon(Hopefully...I'm trying...) so keep your eyes out for that... Oh and if you were curious about what Baekhyun knows to make Sehun go pale is that Sehun lies about staying late at work he actually goes to Jongdaes house to play league of legends something that Luhan is not fond of  because he thinks Sehun is too obssed with it sooo yeah kaythanksbye!