Shhh

Whole of a Half

You sighed as you laid with your head hanging off the side of your bed. It was late at night but you were still awake, not even a little bit tired. It was unusually quiet in your apartment because your boyfriend, Dean, wasn't there softly playing his work. The emptiness of your apartment was so obvious and you felt so lonely. Not only lonely but also stressed because of your work that was glaring at you this week. 

You sighed and sat up slowly. You debated with yourself in your head. Would it be too annoying to go see Dean at his studio? Was it too late? What if he was too busy and didn't want you to bother him? Would you be a bother to him if you went? You blew out your breath and pulled a cardigan over your simple t-shirt and jeans. You shoved your phone, wallet, and a few work books into a bag and left the apartment before you could second guess your decision. Dean's studio wasn't far from your apartment so you walked through the cool night air. Looking up at the night sky you smiled to yourself as you saw a half moon giving off a soft glow. 

Your hand hesitated as you reached out for the familiar handle of Dean's studio. You could hear soft music floating muffledly through the door. You pulled back your hand and almost turned around and left. But before you could, you reached out again and opened the door without thinking twice. You cracked the door open and peeked in. Dean's back was to you as he studied the computer screen intently, completely focussed on his work. You stepped quietly into the room and closed the door behind you by leaning back and closing it with your body. As the door clicked shut, Dean turned and his eyes met yours. He stood and made his way over to you. You moved to meet him half way and his hand automatically fouund their ways to yours. Both of his hands cupped your hands gently as he brought them closer to his lips. 

"What are you doing here?" he whispered to your hands. 

You chuckled but then soon sighed as your smiled faded. "The apartment was lonely, and you weren't there, and I..."

"Shhhh," Dean shushed you pulling you closer to him and wrapping you in his arms. "It's okay. I understand," he murmured as he pressed his lips to your cheek. "You're here now and I've got you," he breathed against your skin. You could feel him smiling as he kissed your temple lightly. 

"Sorry if I'm bothering you," you whispered to him. You couldn't bear to raise your voice any louder, worried that any noise louder than a breath of wind would burst your sacred bubble of time with this man. 

Dean laughed softly and he wrapped his arms around your waist. He pulled you close and you revelled in how well your face fit in the crook of his neck. You inhaled the faded scent of him and how warm he felt against you. "I'm done for tonight," he assured you. "Let's go home."

"Mmm," you hummed closing your eyes as one of his hands rubbed your back gently. The two of you stood in silence for a while, Dean drawig patterns on your back and you running your pointer finger over Dean's spine on his lower back. You sighed and the moment broke. You looked up at Dean your chin still resting on his chest and he smiled down at you. He took your face between his hands and pressed a chaste kiss against your forehead, making his way down the bridge of your nose before finally stopping short above your lips. He hovered there until you got impatient and went up on your tip toes to feel his lips against yours. He smiled into the kiss as you wrapped your arms around his neck. Dean kissed you softly and each moment his lips touched yours, your heart rate sped up and your breath was taken away. It felt like your first kiss all over again. 

Eventually you had to pull away and catch your breath. You could feel the blush burning against your cheeks and your lips throbbed from constant pressure against Dean's. You glanced shyly up at Dean and he was just as flushed and his lips were pink and slightly swollen. He smiled goofily down at you as he leaned in again. But this time he pressed just a small peck to your lips before pulling away from you completely except your hand. 

"Come on," he said pulling you as he walked backwards slowly to the door. "I'll sing you a lullaby."

You smiled as you followed him out the door as he softly sang to you all the way home.

"She's twenty twenty twenty one now...."