Cheeks

Whole of a Half

You smiled over at Dean. You couldn't help it. He looked so cute while he was concentrating so hard. Dean was working across from you at your kitchen table. You were studying for exams and he was working on new songs. His eyes didn't look up to meet yours as you let yourself be disctracted by his face. Strong eyebrows that crinkled together as he concentrated. Clear, dark eyes that he swore were black, but you knew they were a deep brown. A shapely nose that sloped down his face so elegantly. His self-proclaimed best feature, lips that were puffy and you watch intrigued as the bottom lip was pulled between his teeth. Lastly his cheeks. Dean was in no way chubby but to you his cheeks just always appealed to you. All you wanted to do was pull on them, squish them between your palms, kiss them. 

It was at that moment that Dean without looking at you, reached out and took your hand that was resting on the table close to his. His hand was slightly chilly due to him working so hard in the cool apartment. You looked at his hand covering yours and smiled as he the back of your hand over your knuckled with his long, slender pointer finger. A small smiled tugged on Dean's face too and you don't know why, but you blushed a little. When you looked up you were met with a dark brown gaze from those eyes that you could swim in for eternity. Dean smiled at you shyly. Slowly he stood up from his chair and leaned across the table towards you. You craned your neck back a little to see his face. He smiled down at you and ever so slowly leaned down. Just before his lips met yours he stopped and smiled jokingly at you. You couldn't help but laugh back before he closed the distance between you. He kissed you slowly, warmly. 

He broke away and touched your cheek with the back of his fingertips, his eyes never leaving yours. You smiled up at him as he drank up your face. He leaned down and pressed his lips to your forehead before pulling away and sitting back down. Even though the two of you went back to work, you knew he was distracted. You sure as hell knew you were. Dean's cheeks look particularly squishable. You got up and stretched your arms above your head. Without looking you could tell Dean was eying you. You were wearing a long sleeved shirt of his that was too big and it almost covered your shorty-shorts that you slept in. After stretching you ruffled your hair and headed into the kitchen to make tea. When you came back you had a cup in each hand. One for him and one for you. 

Dean saw you coming and pushed back his chair a little. He turned to face you and took the warm mug from you. He wrapped his arm around your thighs and rested his head against your body. There were no words exchanged but you could tell that he was tired. This was a normal position for the two of you. Dean sitting, one arm wrapped around your standing form just so he could be close to you. With your free hand, you rested it on his shoulders and his hair. Dean hummed almost like a pur. You smiled as you pressed your lips to the top of his head. He set down his cup and released you. But instead of letting him get back to work, you slowly placed yourself on his lap. He looked at you in surprise. But that surprise soon faded as your placed each of your hands on opposite sides of his face. This was not a surprising thing to Dean. He know how much you love his cheeks. 

You laughed as you squished his cheeks together and pressed your lips firmly to his slightly squished cheeks. 

"Ya~!!" he finally spluttered. "Not the cheeks again~!!" he whined. You released his face but hugged him tighter to you.  

You laughed as he complained but the smile of his face betrayed him. You knew he loved it and you loved him.