Beats

Whole of a Half

Dean sighed in defeat and exasperation as Millic and Punchnello dragged him down the streets of Itaewon. They fully knew he didn't like clubbing very much. The music was always too loud and too fast for him to even dance. But they lured him out that night to the bars with the promise of buying him drinks anyway and then tricked him into following them into a club. Once inside, they made their way to the bar, Dean following reluctantly. However, true to their word, Millic placed a glass in Dean's hand and clinked it with his own before downing the entire thing. Dean sighed but also gulped his down, cringing at the burn of the alcohol. It wasn't long before he was being dragged over to the dance floor. Of coures Millic and Punchnello's attention was soon on the music and away from Dean. Dean signed and simply nodded along to the beat, but soon he drifted towards a wall. He bought a drink at the bar and hugged the wall closely as he continued to nod along to the beat. He could see Millic and Punchnello to continue dancing enthusiasticlaly in the middle of the crowd. He sighed for the millionth time that night and seriously considered just leaving by himself, but he knew the two younger boys wouldn't forgive him if he did. 

Suddenly a figure caught his eye. It was a girl leaning on the opposite wall across the club. She had her head turned to the side, glancing idly around before pulling her glass to her lips, sipping at her drink. Dean squinted his eyes. She somehow looked familiar in her distressed jeans and tanktop. As a couple of boys shuffled past her, eying her up and down, she seemed to scoff and moved away from them. But as she moved away turning her body. Dean strained to glimpse her shoulder but as she turned the lights in the club dimmed as a new DJ came out. When the lights came back up Dean blinked and looked around, but the girl had seemingly disappeared into the shadows. He had definitely seen her before somewhere. 


You smiled as you caught sight of Dean holding up a wall uncomfortably the club. You had felt his eyes on you as you stopped to have a drink. You made your way steathily over to Millic and Punchnello. They oth hugged you and slyly blocked you from Dean's view. It had been their plan all along. To get Dean away from work after you had confided in them that you hadn't seen him in a while because he was working so much. Now all that was left was the reveal. Millic and Punchnello strategically placed you in Dean't line of vision while he was distracted, and then the two of them melted away into the crowd. 


Dean people watched in the club after losing sight of the girl. He sighed as he looked down at his empty glass. He placed it on a table nearby and ran his hands through his hair staring up at the dark ceiling dancing with the club lights. When his eyes fell back onto the dancefloor, there she was, dancing calmly along to beat. Her eyes locked with his. In that moment there was no doubt in Dean's mind. He knew exactly who you were and he felt stupid for not realizing it earlier. He pushed off the wall and very slowly made his way towards you. Time seemed to slow and the everyone else in the club seemed to blend in with the background except the two of you. You started towards Dean and it felt like years before he was finally standing in front of you. The two of you stood so close, but not closing the gap, you could feel the warmth radiating off of him. 

Dean stared down at you and you gazed back, getting lost in his dark eyes. Seemingly on its own, your body moved up onto your tiptoes so you could whisper in his ear. "You found me," you murmured only to him. 

Those three words were enough for him to wrap his arms around your waist and pull you against him. It was such a familiar feeling but it still made your heart pound. Dean tucked his face into the slope of your neck and inhaled all of you. As he pulled away, you pulled away farther and farther until just your hands were linked. "Come find me again," you mouthed at him, disappearing into the crowd.

Dean smiled as he watched you disappear. As he scanned the crowd for you he made eye contact with Millic and Punchnello. They threw him a thumbs up and he smiled at them. Maybe coming to the club wasn't so back, he thought.