OOTD

Whole of a Half

Word Count: 1324

You smiled as you hugged the back wall of the club. It was the farthest from the stage but you still caught glimpses of Dean between the movie bodies. He was doing a small show at a club in Itaewon and since you lived close he had asked you to come. Plus after a long time, he was finally performing with Crush and Zico again. Seeing as they were all big name celebrities, the club was packed and you kept shuffling between people so they wouldn’t knock your drink out of your hand. You watched and nodded to the beat as you watched Dean and his friends do what they loved. The crowd loved it too and you wished it wouldn’t end. Eventually, the club was closing and it was the last song. The wrapped up and you filed out with everyone else.

You loitered outside of the club waiting for Dean to come out the main door since there was no side or back door. Unfortunately, there were many other fans waiting too. You pulled your hood up over your dad hat and pulled the brim down lower. You and Dean had been dating for about a year now, and he was not private about it. You had only been dating about four months before Dispatch had gotten a hold of it and your personal life had been put on display. You didn’t mind. You were able to shut out a lot of the hate, but you still couldn’t get used to random strangers recognizing you and coming up to talk to you about your boyfriend. You tried to be as polite as possible, but you liked to avoid it at all costs if you were able.

You wished you had brought a mask to cover your face. Suddenly, a girl to your right glanced at you and her eyes filled with recognition and you braced yourself.

“Omo! Aren’t you Dean oppa’s girlfriend?” she asked loudly.

You cringed at her volume, but before you could answer, the bouncer at the door called your name. “Y/N-ssi! Come this way please.” He held the door open a crack for you and you bowed to the girl before you rushed towards the girl. You could hear other exclamations behind you, of both jealousy and disgust, but you brushed it off.

After the door was closed securely behind you, you sighed in relief. You pushed your hat back a little before moving down the hall and towards the backstage door. You knocked lightly on the door before cracking it open. On the other side, you saw Dean, Crush, and Zico all look up at you from where they were all sitting in chairs in a loose circle. You bowed slightly before moving into the room and closing the door behind you. Dean reached his hand out to you and you moved to take it. He smiled at you as you moved to stand beside him.

“It was a great show,” you congratulated all of them.

“You were there?” Crush asked incredulously. “I didn’t see you at all.”

Zico nodded in agreement.

“Y/N likes to lurk in the back,” Dean said teasingly.

You shot him a look. “More like, I like to not get beer spilled on me and get all gross from other people’s sweat,” you countered. “But it was super fun nonetheless.”

They all laughed and you settled into comfortable conversation. “Are you not going out yet?” you asked.

“No, we’re waiting for the crowd to disperse,” Zico said. “Although it might not.”

You chuckled. “A lot of those people are hardcore,” you admitted.

“Did you get recognized?” Dean asked. You caught the flash of worry in his eye and you felt him grip your hand slightly tighter.

“Uh… yeah by one girl, but the bouncer let me in so it didn’t amount to anything,” you said reassuringly.

“Well, it’s no wonder you get recognized, you two are practically wearing couple outfits,” Crush said indignantly.

You looked down at your clothes and Dean’s. He was right. Both of you were wearing dark hoodies with the hoods pulled up over your dad hats. Dean had gone for wide-legged pants, while you had stuck to your trusty distressed skinny jeans. Dean also had a mask wrapped around his chin and thin wire-rimmed glasses perched on his nose. You laughed. “Don’t copy me,” you scolded him playfully.

“What are you talking about?” he shot back. “What time did you get dressed this morning! I probably got dressed first! So, you copied me.”

You laughed.

-

Finally, the four of you decided it was safe enough to leave the club. It was close to four in the morning. The bouncer assured you the crowd had thinned greatly, but you weren’t surprised when there was still a small group of people outside. Zico, Crush, and Dean were polite and greeted the people. Luckily it wasn’t a pushy crowd even though they all refused pictures. One girl said hello to you and you smiled and exchanged small talk with her. Dean pulled you along. Zico and Crush got into cars and bid you two good night. You imagined Dean wanted to walk around. This was his favorite time. When the world was sleeping and he could roam wherever he wanted.

The stragglers of the crowd tried to follow the two of you as you tried to cross the street, but Dean had other ideas. He turned to the crowd and smiled warmly. “Thank you all for your support tonight, it was so much fun to see you. However, it is late and I would like some time alone with my girlfriend. We don’t get much of it, so I hope you understand. Please get home safely.” Although his words were friendly, there was a firmness in his tone that commanded authority and took everyone aback.

The stragglers nodded and dispersed surprisingly and soon you were left alone on the street with Dean. He looked down and smiled at you as he took your hand firmly and lead you down one of the many winding alleys in Itaewon. The streets were quiet and the sky was clear so it felt like it was only the two of you. You walked hand-in-hand in silence, but there was no need to talk.

Soon you could see the night beginning to fade away into dawn. The sky was no longer black but a hint of grey tinged the horizon. You ended up at your apartment and Dean leaned against your building, pulling you against his chest. You wrapped your arms around his middle tightly and his smell washed over you as you inhaled deeply. “Are you staying?” you asked quietly.

“Where else would I go at this hour,” Dean asked cheekily as he nuzzled deeper into your neck, or rather into your hoody around your neck.

You chuckled and pulled back to look at him. You frowned as you realized you couldn’t see much of him. He had pulled up his mask and his hat was pulled so far down his forehead that you could barely see his eyes that were still obscured by his glasses. You sighed as you peeled back the layers. You pulled down his mask and took off his glasses, tucking them in your hoody pocket.

“You’re messing up the whole look,” Dean chided you playfully as he caught your wrist that was ruining his outfit.

You rolled your eyes and took off your had but pulled your hood back over your hat hair. “Well, if I didn’t, then I couldn’t do this,” you murmured. You stretched up on your tip toes as you pushed his hat back and simultaneously pressed your lips to his. You could feel him smile into your kiss as he pulled you closer. You could almost feel his heart beating against yours. It felt like home and you never wanted to leave.