Wake Up Call

Whole of a Half

You yawned and stretched on the couch in the studio. You glanced at your phone, it was one in the morning. Dean was still working, but you didn't blame him. He had some deadlines to make and even though you had finished your work a while ago, you never really got tired of watching him work. You laid on your side and smiled as you looked at his back. His hand cradled his chin as he bobbed to the beat of the track he was working on. Even from behind he was still so attractive. You felt your eyes grow heavy and you slowly drifted off to sleep.

Zico came into the studio smiling as he saw Dean at the desk, working away as always.  He smacked Dean on the shoulder as he pulled up a seat next to him. “Hey,” he laughed. “Long time no see.”

Dean laughed and took his friends hand, shaking it vigorously. “Yeah, good to see you.”

Zico glanced at the screen that Dean had been working on so meticulously. “Working hard as always,” he teased. “Why are you here so late?” he questioned throwing a sidelong glance at Dean. “Isn’t Y/N waiting for you at home or something?” His tone was teasing but there was seriousness behind Zico’s question. Dean had been working hard and there were some pretty important deadlines coming up. Despite that, every time Zico texted him in these past few months Dean was always in the studio. Whether it be one in the afternoon or three in the morning, Dean’s response was always “I’m working.”

Dean’s eyes filled with smugness as he glanced to the side. Zico followed his gaze and finally his eyes landed on your sleeping figure. You were curled on your side comfortably on the couch, Dean’s hoodie slung over your legs as your arms cradled around your head. Your body lifted and relaxed with your steady breath and you looked like the ideal picture of rest.

“We were just spending time together, but she got tired. I’m all done and we should probably go, but I can’t bring myself to wake her.” Dean pouted his lower lip slightly and looked at Zico with this dilemma working on him heavily.

Zico wanted to gag at the amount of caring that filled Dean’s eyes as he looked at you. Zico scoffed and had to hold back his laughter. “I’m sure she’ll forgive you,” he reasoned with Dean. “Otherwise, I’ll wake her up for you.” Zico stood up and rubbed his hands together mischievously. You had never really expected to become close friends with any of Dean’s celebrity friends, but the day you had met Zico you knew the two of you would get along just nicely. Even though he was one of Dean’s closest friends, he ended up being a close friend of yours too. Ever since the two of you met, you had always had a slight rival frenemies relationship with Zico. The two of you argued and squabbled like siblings and teased each other like old friends. Because of all of this, Dean was a little worried about Zico waking you. He always had the tendency to go overboard.

Zico waved off Dean’s dubious look and approached you on the couch. Dean clasped his hands in front of his body and receded a little. He knew you didn’t like being woken up in violent manners and Zico was about to wake a sleeping demon. Zico crept up to your side and after a moment of gloating, he jumped on top of you knocking the breath right out of your body. “WAKE UP, Y/N!!” He called enthusiastically.

You groaned not only about being woken up but the weight he pressed down on your stomach was almost too much to bear. You struggled against him as he bounced on top you tickling you mercilessly. You would have laughed along with the sound of his laughter but your voice was utterly lost in the chaos. You wiggled and struggled to hide from his invading fingers that were tickling you until you could hardly breathe. As you thrashed, suddenly your forehead came in contact with his and a shooting pain when up your skull and down the back of your spine. Both you and Zico cried out as the chaos quickly settled and the two of you were left clutching your foreheads.

“Ow ow ow ow,” you groaned in English. Zico didn’t seem to have gotten much of the force because he simply rubbed his forehead before looking down at you and smiling goofily.

“Got you to wake up~” he chimed. He leaned down and pulled your hand away from your forehead. He examined the slight pink mark before brushing his lips over the spot. “You’re fine,” he stated simply, getting off of you. “Come on, we’re going to go eat.”

You rubbed your forehead again and collapsed back down on the couch on your back. One hand slung over your stomach, the other dangled off the side of the couch. Zico laughed. “I’m going to go get my coat. Meet you outside in a few.” You closed your eyes and heard the door click shut. Soon after, a familiar body pressed itself over yours. Dean lightly placed himself over you and you felt him sigh in comfort. His arms rested on either side of your torso and his head rested on your shoulder. You wiggled your arms out to his hair. He leaned up and smiled at you. He moved his body so he was on his hands and knees over you and you smiled up at him. He lowered himself so he could press his lips to yours.  “Sorry for letting Zico wake you up,” he mumbled against your lips before kissing you again.

“Mm,” you hummed in response. “I would have preferred if you had,” you said jokingly. You knew Dean hated waking you up because you could turn into a demon, but he always had a way of coaxing you out of sleep calmly, unlike Zico.

Dean pulled off of you and got up. He looked down at you and smiled. “We should go or Zico will come hunt us down.”

You nodded and stretched before getting up. You reached for Dean’s hoodie and slipped it over your head before putting on your oversized jean jacket. Dean shrugged on his jacket and you zipped up his hoodie he had on underneath it. When you got up to his neck you pulled him closer by his collar and smiled at he stumbled into you. You pulled him down so his lips collided with yours and you couldn’t help but smile wider into the kiss as a startled noise fell from Dean’s throat. You pulled back and he still looked dazed and surprised. “C’mon,” you whispered. You took his hand firmly and tugged him towards the front door.

You found Zico standing by the front door on his phone waiting for you two before going out into the brisk autumn air. He looked up at the two of you as you approached him. He narrowed his eyes at the two of you. You gazed back innocently but Dean’s dazed eyes gave him away. “You two were making out again, weren’t you?” Zico accused.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” you said teasingly.

Zico rolled his eyes before pushing the door open. “Just as long as you don’t do it with me in the room,” he said exasperatedly.

You laughed and Dean squeezed your hand. The two of your eyes met and you snuck a kiss behind Zico’s back. 


A/N: For the couch scene, I imagine Bonnie & Clyde... just roles reversed. Sooo... Dean on top and you on the bottom..?