Chapter 5

It Wasn't Me

-----Wonwoo's POV----

After the interrogation, we met up outside of the police station and walked back to the base.

“Okay, here’s the plan,” Our leader began.”We’ll sneak into Noble Swords’s territory and find out what the hell is going on here. How did it go from a peaceful day without any disruptions from the other gangs to S.Coups’ death? And now we’re under suspicion? We need to do something quick before they suddenly go after us.”

“But it’s been months since we’ve set foot in their territory,” DK replied nervously.

“Remember the last time we went there? Wonwoo was beaten so badly because he got lost and ended up in the wrong place.”

“Yeah, I remember,” Vernon added. “But ever since the death of that S.Coups guy, all of us have been under suspicion for killing him. And someone here was apparently found near the scene..” The half-Korean glared at me irritatedly, making the guy flinch a bit.

“Hey! All I was doing was trying to buy a pack of cigarette. And now everyone is after me for no reason.”

“Correction, us,” Hoshi said. He heaved a sigh and scratched his head. “Wonwoo, did you see anyone who was also around that area at the time? We’ll need evidence.”

“Well, Fierce Beasts’s Mingyu and Dino were there at the cigarette shop with me. Mingyu was being his annoying self as always, and Dino seemed uninterested. The usual stuff. But are they being suspected also?”

“All gangs are being watched by one another,” DK said slowly. “It’s no doubt that everyone is a suspect.”

“It’s stupid. How did S.Coups get himself killed and leave us in this mess?” Vernon punched the wall, letting out his anger.

“Come on, let’s go and find out,” Hoshi ordered.

We four began to walk out of our territory and rode our motorcycles down to Noble Swords’s territory.

It was quiet.

Almost too quiet.

“Guys, I don’t know about this,” DK said. He was holding on to the back of my shirt like a little kid.

“Dude, we’ve been here several times.” Vernon slapped him on the back. “Why are you acting as if this is the first time we’ve been here?”

“Shut up, you’ll get us caught!” Hoshi shushed, holding his flashlight out and leading the way.

The old warehouse was rusty and smelled really weird. The only light sources we had were Hoshi’s flashlight and the moonlight that shone through the glass windows. An thing about the gangs around here is that we like big places for our territories, despite having a small amount of members.

The last time that we came here, which was probably two and a half years ago, the warehouse was recently closed so it still had a clean look to it. But now, coming back, I would say they need a warehouse maid.

There was trash every turn we took. Boxes, possibly of weeds and guns,  stacked upon one another. It reminded me of when you move to a new house but haven’t unpacked anything.

“Where the hell are they?”

“This warehouse is a lot bigger than I remember. Hoshi, are you sure we’re going in the right direction?” Vernon asked.

“True. But what exactly are we doing here? How will this help us get out of this mess?” I added.

“I just thought that maybe we could eavesdrop on their conversation and cipher some evidence. But honestly, I haven’t really thought it out very well. Sorry…”

We gave him a dead glare and  rolled our eyes.

Our leader is great at handling combats, but I have to admit, he isn’t much of a thinking person, if you know what I mean.

In our gang, DK  is the brain and savior when dealing with drugs, Vernon is our bodyguard, Hoshi is our leader...so he bosses us around...and me? I’m just there. But somehow, that makes our team complete.

What about Noble Swords and Fierce Beasts, you might ask?

Noble Swords has all the pretty faces, so at school, they are known as the “flower boys.” Maybe that’s what makes them complete.

And then Fierce Beasts...

Woozi is their leader, meaning he bosses them around a lot. Dino is very clever and has a lot of tricks up in his sleeves, even though he seems bored all the time. Seungkwan is great with observations, so he’s like their spy sort of. Finally, the person I’m dreading the most, Mingyu. Although all of Fierce Beasts is tough, Mingyu is probably the toughest due to his well-built body and tall height, but I wouldn’t say he’s a thinking person either.

“There’s light behind the warehouse,” Hoshi informed us. HIs 10:10 eyes narrowed as he watched the light through one of the cracked windows. “It looks like a small cabin. Oh it’s Jeonghan!”

My ears were wide open when that beautiful name was mentioned. “Should we go see what’s going on?” Smooth, Wonwoo. Very subtle.

My best friend gave me a disappointed look, but he nodded. We approached a metal door towards the back of the warehouse and pushed it gently, not wanting to expose our presence.

The cabin was fairly small, but livable. Like the warehouse, it was rusty and old. I’m assuming the ex-workers at the warehouse built this when they were here as a resting area. I could see Jeonghan and Joshua standing by one of the front windows, talking and drinking out of beer cans. For some reason, it saddened me to see Jeonghan with someone else. They seemed so comfortable with each other,which made me wonder why we have to be rivals in the first place.

DK nudged me, motioning for us to move forward.

We hid under the front porch, and lucky for us, we could hear them clearly.

“I think it was Dino of Gang 2 who killed him.” That was Jeonghan’s angelic voice. “I mean he was the only one there first before the others showed up.”

“We can’t assume, Jeonghan. S.Coups could’ve committed suicide, who knows?”

“I do. S.Coups is not that type of person. The only way he could’ve died was because he was murdered.”

“Dino is in this also?” Vernon whispered, but we all just shrugged.

We continued to listen, but there was only silence that followed it

“What's going on?” DK nervously fiddled with his fingers. A drop of sweat slid down the side of his face.

Two pairs of jeans-covered legs stood in front of us.

“Should we force you to come out?”

! We've been discovered!

Hoshi, with his pride as leader, slowly revealed himself from under the porch, and the rest of us followed.

“So, it's Noble Swords that's been spying on us this whole time,” Joshua said, eyeing the four of us. “What are you up to?”

“We know S.Coups has been killed and the murderer is out there somewhere,” said Vernon. “But we didn't kill him so there's no need to put us on the suspected list.”

“There's no evidence as to who killed him.” Jeonghan looked at me. “Even the friendliest dog barks, right?” He gave a quick smirk, and he and Joshua went back to their cabin.

“That was odd, why didn’t they fight us?” DK questioned, stepping away from Vernon, whom he was hiding behind.

“They’re up to something, I know it,” the half-Korean replied, cracking his knuckles.

I didn’t realize I was still staring at the back of Jeonghan’s short, black hair until Hoshi nudged me, gave me a disapproving look, and shook his head slightly.

“Let’s just go,” he said quietly enough that we could still hear him.

He hates me…