BitterSweet

I See Things (That No One Else Sees)
Minki and seungcheol's first serious fight comes unexpected. Surprisingly, Minki isn't the one to start it either. Its their anniversary, and Minki made it an important point to stop by. Minki was very aware of how hard Seungcheol and the rest of the kids were working to debut, and he knew the struggles of having to work hard even after the debut. So, as he slid into the Seventeen dorm, he did a quick floor sweep to make sure no one is there before shutting the door behind him. He made his way into the kitchen and set a cake box down on the counter. He didn't have a lot of his own money to spend, but this was important to him. He and Seungcheol had stayed strong since getting together as trainees, giving this anniversary and even more important meaning. He heard the voices outside the door and took a slow breath before pulling out his phone and checking the time. It was 11:59, god it was late. He hoped Seungcheol didn't mind him staying on their couch tonight. 
Normally they'd facetime a few times a week when they had the time, Minki hadn't seen his boyfriend face to face in months. He slid his phone back into his pocket as the lights flicked on in the apartment, and he heard the shuffles of many pairs of feet enter. Junghan was the first face he saw, and Minki felt very remorseful when Junghan nearly flung himself back at seeing someone in their kitchen. Minki put his hands up urgently though, and tried to shush him. "Shhh, I'm not here. Can you get Seungcheol?"
There was a knowing look in Junghan's eye then, and he gave a small smile before simply nodding and motioning everyone away from the kitchen. He could hear Junghan's voice telling Scoups to go clean the dishes he'd left in the sink earlier, and then the slow padding of footsteps as they came closer. Minki couldn't help but beam when he saw Seungcheol, and Seungcheol's gasp was enough to have Minki running into his arms. Seungcheol held him tightly, and Minki hid his face in the crook of Seungcheol's neck. "Happy Anniversary Cheollie.. I've missed you so much.."
Seungcheol's fingers ran over Minki's back slowly then, making sure to know he was real.
"How did you get in?"
Minki laughed as he stepped back, and he pushed the small package he was holding into Seungcheol's hands. "A little angel told me the password to get in, thats how~ Open it Cheol!"
Seungcheol just grinned and shook his head at Minki's excitement, and then pulled the wrapping paper off to expose a bedazzled picture frame. Minki had been hoping for a happy face from Seungcheol, but instead his face just morphed into one of.. Anger? Sadness? Frustration? 
"Cheol?"
"Why would you give me this? Are you rubbing it in that I didn't debut with you?"
Minki recoiled like he'd been slapped, having never thought of it like that.
"What? Seungcheol, its a picture of us in Happy Pledis! It was to prove how long we've been together and how young we look!"
Seungcheol tossed the picture on the counter with a force that had the glass breaking, and Minki took a step back.
"Its been three years since you've debuted, and do you know how hard its been seeing you go on stage and leave me behind? You haven't even done that great, and you bring back that picture? Really?"
The breath caught in Minki's throat, before the anger started to rise. "Haven't done that great? Who put you up on a pedestal? NU'EST has been doing better-"
"You're a one hit wonder Minki, we almost didn't get the chance to debut because your last album flopped! Face was it, and now we have to debut to pick up your slack!"
The tears were coming now, and Minki didn't stop his hand from coming out and smacking Seungcheol's cheek. "You know how ing hard it was for us to debut without you, especially me. Then we had music channels blocking us and boycotting us and I was always missing you. You know that! How dare you talk to me like I'm some horrid thing thats ruined your life, when I came over when I should be sleeping because I have a schedule in three hours! Happy ing anniversary Seungcheol!"
Seungcheol put a hand to his cheek and watched as Minki stormed past, his black hair disappearing from view. The door slammed a moment later, and Seungcheol took a minute to collect himself before moving to pick up the picture he'd slammed on the counter. He shouldn't have yelled, not when Minki had just brought up an old photo. He felt the shame and guilt build up in his gut. He pinched the bridge of his nose as Jihoon hesitantly poked his face in the kitchen, "What was that about?"
Seungcheol sighed and flipped the picture over, taking the back off the frame and pulling the photo out. "I yelled at Minki, because I'm an . I should.. Should I go after him?"
Jihoon's eyes took in Seungcheol's form, his sagging shoulders and tired eyes, before shaking his head no. "No, you can fix things tomorrow. Lets just.. Go to bed."
They said never to go to bed angry, every adult in his life had told him that. For now, he knew he was in no state to see Minki. He pulled out his phone and quickly called Jonghyun, but got no answer. He sent him a text asking if Minki made it home alright, and when the text came in that he was in bed he felt a bit of relief knowing he was safe. Tomorrow. Tomorrow he'd fix things.