Xiubaek

You're Everything (But Sometimes Not Much of Anything)
Listen, we both know why I'm here. Xiubaek. 20! 

20. Exhausted parents kiss
 

It’s not like Sehun hasn’t been sick before, but tonight he’s especially ill. Baekhyun is hovering at the foot of his son’s bed, sitting there, watching as Sehun’s face contorts in fevered dreams.

 

Minseok comes in around 11 pm and frowns at the way Baekhyun is leaning against the wall. It can’t be comfortable. He says nothing and turns to leave the room. A few minutes later he’s back and Baekhyun is staring blearily at the doorway. He’s exhausted and he knows Minseok is too, having stayed home with Sehun for the day. The three year old gets raging ear infections. Minseok thinks they’ll have to get tubes in his ears.

 

“Here,” Minseok whispers, pointing at the inflated air mattress he’s dragging in behind him. “If you’re gonna stay in here tonight,at least we can do better than you sleeping on the floor this time.” 

 

Minseok drops the mattress off next to Sehun’s crib, then disappears again, returning with Baekhyun’s pillow and a quilt. Minseok, ever efficient, has already fitted a sheet over the mattress, before he’d ever brought it in.

 

Baekhyun smiles at his husband, wincing after as he stands and cracks his neck. Minseok’s watching him fondly. Baekhyun steps forward and leans his head on his shoulder, arms wrapped loosely around his waist. 

 

Minseok kisses Baekhyun’s temple as he hugs him back, strong arms making Baekhyun feel safe, even as he worries about his sleeping son. 

 

“Thanks, babe,” Baekhyun whispers as he pulls back. He drops a soft kiss on Minseok’s pliant mouth. They linger a few moments, just lips touching, not moving. Breathing each other in. 

 

Sehun groans and they pull away. Baekhyun kneels down next to Sehun and Minseok watches as his husband continues to blow his mind and steal his heart.