Chapter 7

Faerie & Faeries

 

ROLLER COASTER 

After the bus stopped, which signalled the end of their bus ride, they all entered of the bus, all without a thank you and she didn't really mind it, or feel any sort of contempt towards it until she was forced to think about  it when Jonghyun said a simple, thank you to him very casually and very formally, just like a pop star would do. in response the guy at the wheel took off his hat to him and Jonghyun jumped off the bus and Seohyun was inspired to do so too, after all it was a two hour drive, it seemed necessary. 

he took off his hat to her as well.

"GO CHILDREN… BUT MAKE SURE YOU ARRIVE BACK HERE AT 5PM."

And then all groups splattered everyone into wherever they wanted to go. 

Jonghyun looked back towards Seohyun who was walking forward, positioning her head up to sight the view of the large rides, and the originality and variousness of it. 

"hey, you going alone?" he said. Seohyun's head directed itself towards his.

"yes…" she replied. "I have no friends, told you i wasn't lying."

"yea, well, let's go together?" 

she nodded her head.

*****

they past many games, but with very few money and in want of spending it on better rides, they refused to go on most of them. however, when it came to the roller coaster, that's when jonghyun stopped and inquired Seohyun whether she wanted to go on it or not and in which, she protested, forgetting her dignity.

"I CANNOT, I AM SCARED OF HEIGHTS AND, YOU ARE AWARE THAT WE GO UPSIDE DOWN?"

jonghyun shook his head. "which is why i want to go." 

Seohyun shook her head. he grabbed her arm.

"hey, do you want me to look like a loner up there? and plus, it'd be better to have a person with me."

"no." said seohyun shaking her head. "i'm sorry."

"here, i'll make a deal. if you go on this ride with me, i'll go on any ride with you after we finish the ride. how's that?"

"really?" seohyun actually considered. theres one ride that she really wanted to go on, but she never would've admitted to a soul. and since he was offering to go on any, a surge of hope filled her body.

he shook his head.

she looked left and right and leaned closer to his ear and whispered in it. "the faerie princess ride!"

"what!" jonghyun immediately said and looked to her with a very outrageous and, 'you can't be serious' expression on his face. "you can't be serious."

Seohyun didn't say anything, and just continued to stare at him with indication imprinted in it that she was, and after receiving no response she looked at the ground, closed her eyes and said. "i knew i shouldn't have told you. even though i didn't think you'd judge me."

jonghyun rolled his eyes, it didn't seem like he had a choice. he was a pretty gentle manly 'i come second when it comes to the wants of a girl'. "okay, fine…" he said, with great distaste evident in his voice. "but if anyone sees me…"

Seohyun had the greatest beam on her face. "they wont!"

better not… jonghyun thought and then he apathetically took her by the wrist and began pulling her to the roller coaster.

"hey, you don't have to pull me!" said Seohyun finally when her arm started to hurt, and when she wanted him to stop pulling her and she felt like she was going to slip.

"well…" he said and then he let go off her wrist and they began walking there. after reaching there, seohyun realised that there was a sudden change in his disposition all of a sudden. he, whom was recently vexed, now talked to her very composed, and almost sweet like. she felt very uncomfortable and wondered at this sudden change of tone, but refused to ask why.

but he answered her inquiry herself, by saying. "i'm sorry. i was overreacting. you know that no guy wants to go on the faerie princess ride, right?"

she nodded her head. of course, she thought in her head. but he didn't treat me that bad, right? she looked up at his face. he really is a nice guy. "you don't have to go if you don't want."

"no." said jonghyun defiantly. "i want to go on the faerie princess ride."

and then suddenly, the people behind them said, specifically the brother: "see this guy, he wants to go on the faerie princess ride…"

"i think he prefers men…" whispered his young brother.

they both giggled.

"I DO NOT PREFER MEN!" he yelled.

both the boys eyes widened. the younger one said: "hey, isn't he jonghyun from SHINee?"

his brother answered, with a simple nod of his head. "ye--"

"COME ON JONGHYUN IT'S TIME TO GO ON!" said seohyun pulling his wrist and they gave their tickets quickly to the guy and they jumped on aboard.

and there, it was one of the worst, but yet most extraordinary experiences of her life, defiantly coming from the girl who wanted to go on the faerie princess ride. who after she went on, said…

"hey, jonghyun?"

"yes?" said jonghyun whom was screaming like a girl the entire ride and was shivering currently.

"i don't feel like i want to go on the faerie princess ride."

YAY! thought jonghyun in his head. "oh, really, are you sure?" he said, blankly.

"yes." seohyun nodded. "i want to go on the ride again."

NO! thought jonghyun. "no--"

seohyun eyes widened.

"okay fine." he said and they went on another ride. as jonghyun was strapped his body trembled and his face was frighteningly pale. "um, are you sure you wanna do this again?"

1, 2, 3 went the timer…

and there they went off like a rocket in the sky, up and down however instead in a planned destination. the wind hit their cheeks, and their hair flew in all sorts of disorganised directions, Seohyuns hair at times wiping Jonghyun cheeks--one time, it flying to his mouth and he was complied to spit for it to come out of his mouth as his hands wouldn't dare to let go of the ride. and, as jonghyun continued his screams, Seohyun couldn't help but cheer and joy.

she had learned something today,

thanks to Jonghyun!

however, standing not on surface, and not chained up to some ride going up and down on tracks meters high up, was a few girls, who observed the sight of the two of them… there eyes furred, their arms crossed amongst each other. and they shook their heads. the leader, whom was confirmed as she was standing the futherst than them all said bitterly to her followers: "if there should be any girls sitting next to jonghyun on a roller coaster, hearing the beauty of his screams--" the image of jonghyun screaming like a girl appears. "--it should be us! NOT SEOHYUN!!!"