Chapter 2

Faerie & Faeries

 

First Encounter

There was news going around the whole school about a member of a boy band enrolling into their school, especially to the 11th graders, who happened to be the year in whom this member was going to be enrolled too, will study with and will share memories inevitably with whether they were good ones, or bad ones. 

"this is amazing!" yelled Mary. "i LOVE SHINEE!" 

"me too!" yelled a nosy girl a few feet away from them and jumped into her friends arms in excitement.

"what do you think about him Seohyun?" said Mary to her 'friend' Seohyun.

She shrugged, trying to not be annoyed as she knew she was only after one thing, and it wasn't friendship but class work and homework answers. "he won't even notice me, what's the point of getting such high hopes. you think so too, don't you? why waste your time thinking about someone who won't even--" 

She was interrupted by the screams of a girl, and there she looked at her direction. the image of her flapping her hands and wide was evident. her eyes wear positioned to the school gates. 

Everyone around, including the boys looked at the school gates. 

Their body guards were everywhere, surrounding the boy. and mary grabbed her friend's wrist and then began pulling her to the direction that all the girls were swarming too… to Jonghyun's direction.

*****

And that was her first sighting of Jonghyun, she didn't think she'd have anything to do with him to be honest. but all of a sudden, she seemed to be getting his attention. in class, he'd actually look in her direction, and after a few weeks of constantly doing this, she began to evaluate the possible reasons as of why he would be doing this in her head. and that's where she came to the conclusion that because she was the highest ranking student in the year, he was probably looking at her as an example as to how to get to a rank that was similar. whether she was listening or not, or if everyone wasn't doing their work, if she was doing hers. and of course, then, to prove this theory, if she was doing hers he would do his, if everyone wasn't. 30 minutes into maths, her hand on her temple, rubbing it unconsciously in times of stress… writing down a few equations… she looked slyly to the left side of her by moving her right eye, and there she saw him doing his work, while everyone around was being loud, noisy and roaming around the room like rambunctious animals. 

 

And that's when a week later… where she was walking home and then sighted the sight of a cat whom seemed to be recently submersed in sewage by the sightings of a brown sticky, smelly substance all over it. she tried to ignore it… in whom she had to use all her strengths to do, all her will power, and all her heart. and after passing this cat, she found it an accomplishment, however, all though her spirit felt as though it had been crushed by a beater that beat seeds to make powders… even though the cat being covered with sewage didn't have anything to do with her… she found it impossible to ignore the cat any longer after she heard its cries… and walking towards it… she risked the sanity and the hygiene of it and reached down to pat the cat on the head.

However the cat, upon noticing this sudden change of energy in the atmosphere around it, it looked up and basically screeched and made a loud "MEOWWWWW!" noise scaring all the insides that were in her and she jumped up in the air in shook and made the decision quickly to run away, due to the adrenalin rush that hit her. the cat however… which is much faster than a human lunged up in the sky and then attacked her from behind. the claws sunk into her back and definitely left her with wounds that would turn into scars that would never fade with the work of human medicine… antidotes… serums… and it began scratching, and she couldn't get up… she tried to… but, the weight of the cat, whom looked small, and cute somehow weighed the amount of bricks… and made her unable to get up.

"SO HEAVY…" she murmured… then her eyes widened, i have to say help…! and just when she opened to speak.

"GET OFF OF HER!" a youthful yet manly voice of a boys sounded and she turned her head with all the energy left in her and she witnessed the of him running towards her very very rapidly, in a pace that she had never thought was capable of a human, or one that she never saw a human capable of… and reached her within three seconds, literally, though he was meters away. he aimed his fist at the cat's body with all his might and the cat was removed forcibly off her bloody back and did another loud "MEEEOWWW" screech on impact. the boy whom's heart was beating fast and had the countenance of worry, disbelief and anger bent down and then gently pulled the face of the girl up, whom by now, was unable to move itself. and there, her eyes widened… at the fact that the person who had saved her was a boy, in whom she had no connections with and was more shy to be around in comparison to a girl. and the fact that it wasn't just some ordinary boy despite his incredibly fast speed and super human strength, though she liked to categorise him as ordinary. it was Jonghyun, a member of SHINee!

"are you okay?!" he said eagerly, and there she witnessed the emotions imprinted on his face, which were real, and to be honest, quite surprising in a touching sort of way as she didn't think anyone cared about anything that she did, what exactly happened to her.

"huh?" was all she could say, though she had heaps of questions she could ask. 

one of them was… for example… how did you run so fast?

How did you manage to get rid of the cat with one punch when it felt like heaps of kilos?

And number 3, i can't believe it was YOU that saved me.