Chapter 3

Faerie & Faeries

 

Treatment

"where are you taking me?" Seohyun said after she was heaved from the ground and felt her arm being pulled around his shoulder. 

"i'm taking you to my house. we need to treat those marks… that cat was heavy. it wasn't human… i can't explain it…" he said.

"i can't either." said Seohyun. "i felt like a fat person was sitting on me." if it was her usual self, she would've covered and excused herself, actually, she wouldn't really need to because she had excellent control of herself, however, she didn't have any energy to mind what she was saying, to use any gestures. and Jonghyun contained a laugh. "A feril cat is the only cat that i know that could possible be it… but it can't be… maybe some alien from mars dropped it from the sky and it just happened to fall in our area."

that's when Seohyun contained a laugh.

when they reached his house he treated her, declaring after that a day wasn't enough to get rid of the scars that was going to be the outcome of her wounds… and that he would cheek up on her at school everyday and see whether or not the marks were healing and if she was putting it on. she agreed to it, and left his house and could not contain the thoughts of impression that she felt for him after he did all he can to remove all the blood of her back and make sure she was in an okay condition which would enable him to leave the house, buy medicine quickly and return in which he did, and she felt so surprised about. she really didn't think anyone would care about what happened to her.

so this was her first time experience.

and it happened to be from Jonghyun, a member of SHINee?!

***

At school the next day, after being excused for lunch, she exited her history class, that had Jonghyun in it and then walked down the stairs, a way which nobody went and then felt a moment of solitude, as she walked quietly past the lockers and the wall left of her… looking down at her shoes and the oak floor, observing the items that were stuck on it. 

"SEOHYUN!" yelled the sound of Jonghyun in whom she was very familiar with to these days, after being unable to forget him for doing such nice deeds for her. it was just common nature for a teenage girl, an inexperienced with love or crushes teenage girl, to be unable to stop thinking about a good looking, nice boy whom gave her the slightest bit of attention. 

"Jonghyun?" she said in surprise and kept walking forward. 

"wait!" he said… and his insane rapid speed caught up to her within three seconds.

"how do you run so fast?" she said, unable to keep her curiosity in any longer.

Jonhyun returned a blank look. "i don't run fast."

Seohyun, seeing the funny side of it laughed. Jonghyun returned a perplexed look, he didn't see it at all. "okay…" he said and then he took his bag of his back hastily, opened the zip and then reached his hand in and he didn't really have to rummage around it because the object he was going to take out was big. 

"what is it?" Seohyun asked.

he handed it to her. "it's cream. for your scars on your back."

"thanks." she said, taking it. and then she put her hands in her skirt pocket and took out some cash. "here."

Jonghyun shook his head. "no…"

"it's my lunch money, i know it isn't much. but i'm going to starve for the school day."

"no!" Jonghyun said. "i don't want your money. he closed her hand with her hand and then pushed it away. "it's a present from me, done because i care. no other reason. keep your money, buy your lunch. if i take your money, let you starve--my purpose would be useless." he smiled. 

she smiled in return, and looked down. "thank you." now, she was feeling really confused and sort of unwell. she really didn't think anyone cared about her.

"okay, i don't want to keep your friends waiting, bye! who do you hang out with btw?"

"i have no friends." Seohyun said.

"are you kidding around with me?" he said.

she shook her head.

"i'm pretty sure a girl like you, nice, smart should have some friends right?"

"i guess i don't talk much." she replied and smiled.

Jonghyun smiled a pitiful smile. "sorry. catch you around some time?" 

"sure." she replied.

he turned around and began to run. "oh wait, he said." halting in his trucks and then turned to her. "where do you sit?"

"i sit under the trees… at the oval, near the basketball court."

"oh, okay. do you sit near the basketball court to watch your crush?" he smiled.

"no!" she said. "NO!"

why so defensive aye? he thought. "okay." he then waved again. "bye…!"

"bye." she waved and nodded her head.