Chapter 5

Faerie & Faeries

 

CONSOLE

hile under the trees in the oval near the basketball court, she couldn't help but sob miserably there, crying out all the humiliation that she had recently experienced. she couldn't believe that they would do such a thing to her, even though they had done many horrible things. one time was when they got the most smellest kid in the grade to spit in her drink, and she drank it unknowingly during a random session in class, only to discover from one of the boys that had known of the scheme. 

suddenly, Seohyun punched the ground out of anger, all the anger she was feeling at that current moment, bottled up inside and about to explode, she put in that one punch. and all though that seemed very low as boys usually start fights with random people on the street, it was very big for someone like Seohyun, who rarely had violent tendencies and was an affable person. why do they do this to me? what have i done to deserve this?! she thought--then said aloud unconsciously (like for example when you think too much you accidentally say some of it out loud). "i just--i just wish i could escape this torment!"

"everyone has those feelings…" said a very familiar voice for the past week. she turned quickly around and there she witnessed the sight of Jonghyun, walking up to her. "it's just… that there are those people who bottle it up and those who release it. you seem like the person who just bottles it up, which is part of the reason why i think those girls do things like that to you. and since you bottle things up, theres a possibility that you find it hard to show your true self to people you first meet and that's because you don't express your emotions… because you are not open inside you is probably a roller coaster, you just probably had a lot of experience of bottling it up that we don't notice it. now, i think, instead of you bottling it up like now, you tell me everything, all that you are feeling. i would really like to know." he sat on a fresh patch of grass next to her, his arms over both legs and his head situated first to the view of the school gates that made a boundary around the oval and then through that he saw the sight of numerous cars passing on the grey, dull roads below. then, turning his head, he looked at her and she at him, the sunlight hitting his eyes and allowing it to reflect to hers, and there she was confined to turn away, after feeling the inferiority of her own appearance. "i feel angry…" she said, her voice shaking and very warm, and this was hinted slightly through her voice and gave him the realisation that she was on the verge of crying. "i feel disappointed, i feel a hatred towards his world… i feel very alone…" then she remained silent and that was when he knew that that was enough said. he scarcely put a had on her shoulder and then pressed on it, forcing her head to look up at him. "say, if you were given the chance… to leave this world into another… would you do it?"

she turned away at the ground again and smiled… trying to ignore the seriousness that was so evidently engraved on his face and made some sort of still atmosphere around them. "yea… i would do it."

and there it was utter silence from them, and they heard the natural noises from the world that she had begun to hate… the tweeting and chirping of birds and the blowing of leaves from trees and dust, and the noises from artificial products, from those of cars, and the blowing of a whistle from back at the gymnasium which was the final pinch she needed to make her feel this way.