Chapter 6

Faerie & Faeries

 

SERIES OF EVENTS

Directly the next day, Seohyun was on her way towards the canteen where she was halted by Jonghyun and where he took his bag off of his back and then ped it, put his hand inside it and took out a bottle of cream, medicated cream. "the other didn't seem to be working. or maybe your just putting it wrong. here, i will demonstrate…" he took out his pencil case and took out a marker. everyone around, especially the girls were staring at him. Seohyun, noticing this sudden change of energy around the room, which all seemed to be directed on where she was standing, looked around the room and noticed that all pair of eyes were looking at her and Jonghyun and as a result, began to feel inevitably uncomfortable. "maybe here is the wrong place to demonstrate…" she said, shyly and he neglected her words and took the cap of the pen off and pulled down the sleeve of his jumper all the way up to the length of his elbow then drew a long line down his flesh. 

"now…" he opened the cream. put a finger in while holding the marker on his left hand and then rubbed it into his skin. 

seohyun felt her cheeks becoming warm, and she noticed that she couldn't help looking at the people around her self consciously who just returned very jealous and very perplexed stares. "okay…"

he looked up at her. "do you get it?" 

she shook her head.

"okay…" he closed the lid and shoved it at her face. "take it." 

she took it and then turned around and began to walk hastily away, however, her motions were stopped by his command next.

"stop!" he said and she topped, then she turned around.

"yes?"

"i want to see you to put it in your bag, you might loose it."

she took her bag off put it in and then ran off to the canteen.

after recess… she checked her timetable and established that the class she had next was p.e, and she groaned and became embarrassed again at the thought of the occurrences that occurred only yesterday. i can't go… i'm not ready to go back! she thought but then again, she wasn't a jigger, she thought it morally wrong to jig, and just couldn't imagine herself doing so, considered the good girl she was after being called so numerous times by her teachers in even her least favourite classes. 

by the end of it however… after avoiding every person in the class in the eye and walking into areas that were at least half a meter away from where the class was she let out a sigh of relief and headed into the change rooms to get changed and collect her bag. however, after she had finished changing, she opened her bag just to check if anything had been stolen because last time the girls had taken all her books and basically vandalised them and discovered that the bottle of cream was no longer there, and then declared with her own mind that it had been stolen by one of the girls in her p.e class.

and then, a week later, when she hoped onto the computer and went on ebay to test one of her theories that it was stolen to be merchandised online--she saw it, on market for 100 dollars.

she shook her head and realised, that the two things that were stopping her from hating the world, was her family and Jonghyun.

*****

When Seohyun returned to school the next day she was wearing a t-shirt and jeans for her entire grade was going to a amusement park. boarding the bus, she was forced to take an empty seat as she had no friends in her maths class or friends at all in the school for that matter. taking her bag off her back and then placing it down on the little space of ground before her she sat down and took a clear look out of the window, which depicted the scenes of traveling cars to wherever it was they intended to go and a petrol station where she would go at times to purchase candy and drinks. 

"I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO WONDERLAND!" said the loud voice of a girl and she looked to where it was directed from and saw the sight of the girl, whom the voice defiantly protruded from taking a seat in front of her, with her other friend, who replied with the same loud voice.

"BEST MATHS EXCURSION YET AYE?" 

and that's when she took a look around the bus, and saw that there were no unoccupied seats, except from the one left of her. all the seats were preoccupied by tall year 11 students, and the front of the bus carried it's teachers, as they conversed with one another, having the usual mature talk about their lives and their family friends, sisters lives as well as their class or a heated debate about whatever they felt controversy on, inquires, or whatever they pleasured.

Seohyun felt something connect to the back of her head, she turned around to see the suspect of her recent abuse. it was considered abuse to her, as it was intended to harm her even if it was mild.

after being able to suspect no suspects, as everyone was all talking casually to their friends she turned around with intent to already go back to what she was intending to do--observe the occurrences outside the window. why isn't this bus boarding yet? she wondered. but then suddenly, as she was wondering, she wondered about what Jonghyun had said earlier on, about her bottling up everything and may be the reason for the constant harassment. 

another rubbish connected with her head, and this time, she was willing to say something about it. turning hastily around she quickly absorbed everyone's countenance to catch any wandering eyes… catch any snicker maybe, anything unnatural when it came to conversing with a friend.

but still, no one.

maybe they've done this heaps of times that's why they are good at not being caught. she thought and turned around--her hopes and spirit more crushed in comparison to before. 

but then, Jonghyun's same words came into her head and she turned around and said. "WHO JUST ABUSED ME?!' 

the entire bus stood silent, and then after 3 seconds the bus was filled with roars of laughter.

"chucking a rubbish at your head is considered abuse?!"

and that's when Seohyun felt even more hurt, at the fact that the entire bus had already known that she had been hit on the head by a rubbish and went along like they didn't know it occurred and didn't feel any sort of guilt on doing so, have any empathy on to how she would feel. even the teachers, stood silent, just trying to halt the noise around, some teachers she saw even let out a laugh. and that boiled her blood enough.

"can i sit here?" said a very familiar voice and her attention was diverted from the surrounding students to Jonghyun standing right beside her. and she nodded her head, and then when he took a seat down the teacher said an announcement that the bus would now board.

so the entire time they were waiting for Jonghyun, she thought.

and it was then, though she hadn't notice, that the attention of the entire room was placed on her, in utter jealousy, from the girls of course, but the boys felt rather jealous at all this attention being placed upon one guy and not them, even from the most good looking girls in the class and tried to divert their-as in the girls-attention away by making ridiculously loud and random noises.

"OHHHH!!!!!!!!" one boy yelled.

tap tap tap went the feet of another boy.

tap tap tap went the hands of another boy.

and what made Seohyun feel not even a bit bad about him sitting next to her, was that she had no reason to feel bad about herself because of the jealousy that was occurring around her--knowing that she had never done anything wrong, in her entire high school life to any of them.

she laid her head down on the ceiling of the bus.