Cheating death never makes anything right

Be my hero

Not a lot of romance but this is action so.. Also I just wanna add, ESP stands for extrasensory perception ability= supernatural powers basically. Sometimes I'll use the term 'powers', 'abilities', 'ESP' or even 'perception ability' but they all mean the same thing:)


"Seungcheol, I've found something intriguing two days ago. Apparently Ye Seul's most recent call is to a woman named Min Eun Ha. She has a peculiarly clean background which triggered my interest. For someone involved with a crime lord, she couldn't possible be innocent. Coincidently, there was also a recent bank transfer from her to Ye Seul of about 3.5 bn won," soonyoung said cooly from the other side of the phone. 

Seungcheol replies," who is she?", tightening his grip around his phone while his eyes stare blankly onto the Dove-grey tiles on the floor of his office. 

Taking a heavy breath, Soonyoung continues, " She is a bodyguard working for a man named Ki Yejoon, a rumoured crime lord who owns several illegal businesses across South Korea," he pauses for a while, but continues," as well as psychic trafficking trade businesses." Seungcheol could hear his voice tremble through the call, although he couldn't tell if it was anxiety or anger. 

 

 


"A bodyguard sends 3.5 bn won to another crime lord in other words a spy and a psychic no less..." Seungcheol repeats to himself. 

 

 

"Seungcheol, there's something seriously wrong with his Inju serial murder case. It may not simply be just any cold case," Soonyoung pauses to take in a huge gulp of air, voice shaking," I suspect it's something much bigger." 

 


"I think so too", seungcheol replies, voice thick with sadness. 

 


-----------------------

"Hello suspect, I am the head Detective of the supernatural Detective agency. The name's Choi Seungcheol." Seungcheol greets the man, as he walks into the interrogation room and sits down cooly onto one of the armchair across the table

 

 

The man, tilts his head down, shadow covers his eyes. His long, dried hair falls below his eyes, covering his expression. And the long trench coat was creased and tattered making him look like a barbarian. He was the psychic found with Jeonghan yesterday, a suspect for the Inju serial murder case and the only witness who knows of Ye seul's disappearance. 

 


"I'm sure you know where you are now, your past police records shows that you've been interrogated before for..." Seungcheol reads a folder placed in front of him,"attempt murder, and destruction of property...wow you're quite a scum aren't you...". Seungcheol closes the folder to meet the suspect's eyes, "...Mr kyung."

 

 


"......", kyung Geonwoo remains silent, clearly retaining his rights not speak in the interrogation room unless with a lawyer present. Despite several attempts of interrogation by other homicide Detectives, Geonwoo never responded to any of the detectives' taunting and chose to stubbornly remain silent. Seungcheol wonders, how long it will last though..

 

 

"Let's get straight to the point shall we," seungcheol's face darkens as he crosses his fingers. "How are you related to the Inju serial murder case, Mr kyung?"

 


"....", Mr Kyung jerks slightly in response but remains silent, he tilts his head up to meet seungcheol's eyes. 

 


"You are a non-registered psychic with an extrasensory perception ability to control gravity," Seungcheol raises his right forefinger to point accusingly at the suspect, "such psychics are usually involved in underground activities because they are not bound by the legal laws on psychics." Geonwoo clenches his fist but stares silently at Seungcheol. 

 

 

"But with your ability, you can't be the killer, because the killer is someone who can kill a person without having to deal a physical blow to a victim. Which in the contrary, is your ability." Seungcheol leans forward in an attempt to frighten Geonwoo. 

 


"....if you know I'm not the killer, why are you still keeping me here," Geonwoo furrows his eyebrows, anger and confusion clouds his mind. If Seungcheol knew that he wasn't the killer, there wasn't any reason he would be kept here, it wasn't as if he had a hand in any of this mess. 

 

 

"Because you know something about the killer," Seungcheol narrows his eyes as he leans back onto the chair. He grabs the case folder and waves it in front of Mr Kyung, " why did you attack Jeonghan? What is Ye seul hiding?", Seungcheol asks in a husky voice, eyes glaring daggers at him. 

 

 

The atmosphere becomes more tense as it feels like the temperature has dropped a few degrees, causing Geonwoo to shiver slightly in trepidation. 

 

 

Geonwoo gulps and his eyes twitches, "you're wrong, I know nothing," his voice trembling lightly. 

 

 


Seungcheol smirks at this, "that's not possible, I know you do." Seungcheol stands up cooly, circling around the table to stand behind Geonwoo. He bends down ominously and whispers in his ears, "you can't fool me."

 

 

Geonwoo gasps and looks from left to right and shakes his head fervently, "I-I know nothing!" He stutters nervously, clearly feeling threatened by Seungcheol's behaviour. 

 

 

He took the bait. 

 

 

"Yes you do. The witness, the killings and the mafia. They're all connected aren't they?"

 

 

"No! No they aren't! You're lying-" Geonwoo denies vehemently as turns away from the black-haired Detective. 

 

"You can't tell lies. At least not in front of me." Seungcheol says harshly, calling upon his perception ability. 

 


Geonwoo's eyes rolls back and his body jerks in a wave-like motion causing the chair he was sitting on to clatter incessantly against the rosewood floor. 

 

"When a person lies, the truth may hide but it will never be hidden..." Seungcheol places his fingers onto the back of Geonwoo's head. 

 

A burst of images flood Seungcheol's mind, causing him to wince in surprise. Seungcheol never did get use to using his powers, the truths he saw in another person's mind were not always pretty. Especially not of a criminal like Geonwoo. 

 

Seungcheol lets go of Geonwoo's head and takes a few step backwards to give him space. 

 


"K-kuh!! Ugh...haaa..haa," Geonwoo falls down onto the table and coughs harshly, his head spinning as he threatens to vomit. Geongwoo pushes himself up with his right arm but fails as he feels the strength leaving his arms. 

 


At the mean time, Seungcheol struggles to catch his breath, looking at Geonwoo with apathy. 

 

"W-wha.." Geonwoo stares at Seungcheol, utterly confuse with what had just happened. It was as if his mind got pulled out of his body and thrown into some kinda of frenzy before he lost consciousness for a split second. 

 


"You're a slave aren't you?"

 

 

"H-how did you-" Geonwoo turns around in astonishment. 

 

 


"I'm a psychic you know." Seungcheol replies calmly. 

 

 


"I once saved a slave just like you. He went through a tough past and I promised never to let him get hurt. I promised to protect him...but I guess not everyone has a hero in their life..." Seungcheol lowers his head in sorrow. 

 


"!!" Geonwoo widens his eyes in bewilderment. 'He knows my past?'

 

 

 

"Seungcheol!" A cheerful voice reverberated across the room, breaking the tension immediately. 

 


A pale face man enters the room and he waves his hands up in the air, trying to get Seungcheol's and Geonwoo's attention. 

 

"Jun..." Seungcheol says, voice cracked and raw. He looks to his right, towards the door, at Jun and pauses for a second before turning away from Geonwoo. 

 


Striding across the room, Seungcheol walks past Jun, and says," give me a moment," before bumping his shoulder lightly and leaves the interrogation room with a solemn expression. 

 


Jun glances back to see Seungcheol leaving the room, "...."


----------------

 

"Tell me what you saw," Wonwoo asks expectantly. 

"......Ye seul. Geonwoo and him were with a woman..in her mid-30s..have a feeling it was Eun ha, but I can't be too sure. It was too dark."

 


"Kyung Geonwoo..he's a slave," Seungcheol heart throbs painfully as he forces the words out. "Ye seul is the one who made him this way.."

 

"Ye seul? What do you mean?" Wonwoo prods further. 

 


"Ye seul does psychic trafficking and Kyung Geonwoo is a victim of all that. He used him to get rid of pests and rivals he deemed not necessary so that he can rise up the in ranks. He's the worst..."

 


"Mafia...but what's mafia got to do with the murder case?"

 


Seungcheol recalls the woman Soonyoung told him about just a while back and smiles ruefully. 

 

"Min Eun Ha...it all began with her."


--------------------

 

"Who is he?" Geonwoo asks hesitantly. 

 

"Huh?" Was jun's unintelligent reply. Geonwoo was silent ever since Seungcheol had left the room, it was as if he was in deep thoughts rather than  simply impassively ignoring all of Jun's question. 

 

"You mean Seungcheol?"

 

"...the black-haired Detective.."

 

"His name is Choi Seungcheol, at least remember the names will you," Jun replies, unimpressed by Geonwoo's short-term memory or his sincere lack of interest in the Detectives. 

 

"He read my past.." Geonwoo shakes his head in disbelief.

 

"How...."

 


"You heard him didn't you? He's a psychic. But I must say he is definitely a head and shoulders above most type of psychics that I've met. I'm working with the police so I don't know him that well, but he's pretty famous in this industry." Jun taps his finger on the table with disinterest. 

 


"Thou shalt not lie. That's the ability he used to read your mind."

 

"Read my mind? That's not possible, he did more than that!" 

 


"Really? You said he saw your past didn't you? Seungcheol doesn't have that kind of ability."

 


"But he knows...he knows about what happened and that I am a" slave. The last word went unsaid, Geonwoo couldn't find the strength in him to overcome the torture of him acknowledging that he is a slave. 

 


"Seungcheol's ability is to see through a person's lie. It's as simple as that. It only works when a person is lying and at that point of time, you were indeed lying and that made you vulnerable to him. But the truth may not always lie behind the lie. Sometimes, it is a person's most hidden memories that appear instead. When you lied to him, what were you thinking about?" Jun asks curiously. 

 

 

Geonwoo lowers his head and clenches his fist tightly. After a few minutes of silence, warm tears stream down the curve of his cheeks and he cries silently. 

 

-------------------

 

 

"Soonyoung!" The narcotic Detective turns around to meet the smiling face of Jeonghan. 

 


They agreed that the café downtown would be their rendezvous. A crowded place where no one would suspect a thing. Jeonghan approaches Soonyoung and runs across the street, reducing the distance between them. 

 


"Seriously hyung! Stop meeting me during work hours!" Soonyoung glances around worriedly. "If Seungcheol finds out I'm meeting you, he'll have my head!"

 


"Don't be so afraid. Do you really think Seungcheol would do such a thing?" Jeonghan replies innocently. 

 


"You don't know him.." Soonyoung says disbelievingly. 

 


"Yes I do," the older male chuckles at the blond's antics. 

 


"So, what did you find??" Jeonghan ask impatiently. 

 

Looking at Jeonghan's determined face, Soonyoung heaves a deep sigh before he gives in to the other male. 

 

"A new suspect, Min Eun ha. A single lady who works as Ye seul's bodyguard. She seems to have underground connections like Ye seul because a few days ago, a bank transfer of 3.5 bn won was transferred from her account to the crime lord."

 

"Underground connections..sending money.. Could it be she's involved in another mafia group as well? She may even be a spy.."

 

"That's the thing. I'm not too sure so I'm still investigating. But whatever she's involved with, psychics are definitely the centre of the problems."

 

"Psychics? What makes you think so?" Jeonghan asks with concern. 

 


Pausing for awhile, Soonyoung ponders if he should reveal this fact to Jeonghan. He wasn't sure if it'll be too much for him to handle all at once. 

 

In the end, the younger male decides to tell Jeonghan. "The psychic trafficking businesses. Ye seul has a hand in this in the underground society and even the witness you defeated, Kyung Geonwoo, is a psychic slave. If all is right, I think it is plausible to conclude that it all began with the psychics trafficking problem."

 

"....." Jeonghan frowns at this. A angry scowl marring his pretty face. 

 


".....And also, I heard from Seungcheol that the bodyguard, Min Eun ha..... she is a psychic too."

 

"Jeonghan...this case is not normal. Don't get involved will you?" To which he earned was only silence. 


----------------------

 

"Mom!" A blond haired petite woman turns around and catches the ball of cheerfulness in her arms. Her daughter, Hana, dances in her slim arms and wraps her tiny fingers around the white laced dress of her Mother. 

 

"How was school today honey?"


"It was great!! My teacher said I improved in my drawings! He even gave me a star!" The little girls jumps about and looks up adoringly at her Mother. 

 


"Oh, that's great. What did you draw today?" Eun Ha smiles pleasantly to her beloved. 

 


"Here!" Hana passes the drawing to Eun Ha's hand. The older woman glances at the bright blend of colours from all sorts of crayons and colouring equipment, however she frowns slightly as she realises it's a picture of a family. 

 


"I drew us together! The teacher said its a perfect picture!"

 


Hana continues to grin at her Mother, oblivious to the fact that the latter was not doing the same. 

 

"Min Eun ha?" A soft voice echoes from a distance. The tall woman turns and look into the direction of the voice. Curiously, Hana does the same too. There in front of them, was a tall man with shoulder-length brown hair. Eun Ha narrows her eyes as she notices the male's presence. 

 

"You are?" She replies suspiciously. 

 


"Yoon Jeonghan. A Detective from the supernatural Detective agency. I was hoping you have a few minutes to spare.." Jeonghan glances to the younger girl in Eun ha's arms momentarily before focusing on the lady in front of him. 

 

 

Eun ha remains speechless for a few seconds before she squads down to face her Daughter. 

 

 

"Hana..why don't you go back inside the school. Wait for mama wouldn't you? I'll just be talking to this kind man for a short while." Hana pouts and makes a sulky face. She looks at Jeonghan then glares at him before running off, back to the school gates. 

 

 

"...she's adorable, your Daughter you say?" Jeonghan tilts his head in wonder. However, Eun ha stands up and takes a protective stance against him. 

 

 


"Let's talk somewhere else shall we, Detective?"

 

 

 

 

They walked quietly to an abandoned warehouse, far away from downtown. The tension between them was so suffocating, both psychics couldn't let their guard down for even a second. Fearing that if they do so, they're heads would be off the next moment. 

 

 


"Talk, what do you want from me?" Eun ha spats harshly as she pause in her steps. 

 

"You don't have to be so cold...and you even brought me to an abandoned warehouse. You're making your situation more suspicious than it already is Ms Min." Jeonghan's voice hardens in defence. 

 

 

"You're the one that came to me, I have to take precautions." Was Eun ha's curt reply. 

 

 

"I came to ask about the Inju serial murder case."

 


Eun ha narrows her eyes and takes a few tentative steps back to create a distance between them. 

 


"Calm yourself. I am a Detective, I only hold rights to question you. Nothing further. "

 


"How can I trust you?" She blurts out loud. 

 

 

"For all I know, you may be here to kill me after all..." Eun ha laughs sorrowfully. 

 

 

"Kill you? Why would I do that?" Jeonghan looks at the lady in perplexity. 

 

 

"You're a psychic aren't you? And a powerful one nonetheless, I sensed your overwhelming aura from far away." Eun ha's face twist in agony. 

 


"And if you're from the supernatural Detective agency like you said, you would have every right to take me in dead or alive." Eun ha covers her face with both hands, hiding her expression from Jeonghan. She looks to be giving in to her fate however her voice never faltered, making Jeonghan even more cautious of her. There is nothing more dangerous than a cornered animal after all. 

 

 

"I'm not here to kill you or harm you. Trust me." Jeonghan tries to calm her down. 

 


"Get away!" Her loud voice reverberates in the warehouse, making every nerve in Jeonghan's body stand up. 

 


Seeing the lady's near hysterical state, Jeonghan decides to try another method to deal with the predicament.

 


"Kyung Geongwoo..." Jeonghan mutters. 

 

 

Eun ha's eyes visibly widens at the name. "You- why do you-"

 

 

"He was captured by the police a day ago. The truth was..he was defeated by me and handed to the police." The younger male continues. 

 


"...." Eun ha relaxes slightly but continues to stay uncertain. 

 

 

"So you were the one who saved him?" She mutters incoherently. 

 

 

"I am with the agency and the police. I don't kill, unlike the mafia, so will you listen to me?" There was no response but Jeonghan tries again persistently. 

 

 

"You're with the mafia aren't you?" Jeonghan asks, not really expecting a response since he already knows the answer. 

 


"....you capture the mafia and hand them over to the police. And if they are charged will multiple murders, they will be executed. Am I right?" Eun ha asks, plainly ignoring the question Jeonghan throws at her. 

 

 

"According to the laws yes," Jeonghan replies doubtfully, not knowing how this information would profit her in any way. 

 


"Take me in."

 

"Huh?" Jeonghan couldn't believe his ears. 

 

"Take me in! Take me away from the mafia, please! You can do that can't you?" Eun ha screams at him hysterically. 

 

Eun ha clutches her hearts painfully and pleads desperately to Jeonghan. 

 


"If you're truly a psychic, please help me.." She continues. 

 


"What do you mean? Are you in some kind of danger?" Jeonghan tries to approach her.

 


"It's not me you should worry about." A hoarse and raw voice follows. 

 


Suddenly, Jeonghan feels the aura around Eun ha darkens and long streaks of black carvings engrave on her skin, trailing from her eyes to her thighs. Her eyes rolls back and she wails in pain. 

 

'She's dangerous, I need to get away-'

 

Jeonghan takes steps back in caution, he reaches for the short blade in his pocket but yelps as the floor around his starts to break. He leaps back, further away from Eun ha and finds a safe spot to hide away from harm's way. 

 


He hides behind a tall shelf, around five metres away from Eun ha. He holds his breathe in, understanding that even the slightest sound could trigger the other psychic's strong senses. 

 

"Please! Get away from me!" Eun ha howls in anguish. 

 

Jeonghan turns his head to look in Eun ha's direction. Cold sweat trails down his nape as his hearts beats at breakneck speed. He thinks,' what..what is she?'

 

"I can't control my powers! So please, run away while you still can!" Eun ha falls to her knees and covers her face regretfully. 

 

'She can't control her powers? But that's not possible....a perception ability is controlled by the user and if it isn't, it should never be invoked at all like every other human beings...

 

Suddenly, Jeonghan widens his eyes in realisation. Everything just clicks in his mind, like the pieces in a puzzles. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breathe. Gathering his strength, Jeonghan runs towards Eun ha recklessly. 

 

The younger male pulls out his short blade and uses his ESP. Eun ha, having noticed him coming, turns to his direction and wails.

 

"You should have run! Why didn't you....!"

 


A black wall of net forms around Eun ha and pushes against the surrounding, expanding itself. As it moves away from Eun ha and approaches Jeonghan, the floor around her crumbles and turn to dust. Seeing this, Jeonghan avoids the net and tumbles behind a convenient shelf in the corner before swiftly moving towards Eun ha in other direction. The shelf, upon touching the black net, turns black before turning to tiny dust fragments as well. Jeonghan glances at the leftovers of the shelf for a moment and gulps in trepidation. 

 


'What have I got myself into!'

 

 

Eun ha sends another wave of black net in his direction but he avoids yet again with a side step to the right. 

 

 

'She's slower than me.. I can avoid this!'

 


His eyes become ultra sensitive to Eun ha's perception ability. And he sees the slight shift in the death lines on the black net. As Eun ha continues to send black nets in his direction, he continues to avoid them with galloping pace. 

 

 

The distance between them decreases as time advances. Eun ha was on the losing battle, but something told Jeonghan she didn't mind at all. The way she wrapped herself in demise told him that she was simply waiting for death to claim her. 

 


Eun ha sends a spiral-shaped net this time and with unquestionable confidence, Jeonghan slices the net with skilled precision. The net disappears in thin air making Eun ha gasps in disbelief. 

 

"W-what did you just do?" Another black net flies towards Jeonghan, accelerating at a faster rate than before. But Jeonghan cuts it down without fail, shocking Eun ha yet again. 

 

Eun ha looks at Jeonghan more closely, noticing that besides the amazingly fast speed Jeonghan possessed, there was something more intriguing about the other male. He's eyes were a merge of different colours from the spectrum and they looked beautiful yet threatening at the same time. 

 

Those eyes bore through Eun ha and she felt a shiver down her spine, feeling threatened by the psychic in front of her. 

 

"You're being controlled by your powers aren't you? It's not common but there are rare cases of Perception abilities that possess a will of their own." Jeonghan walks slowly towards Eun ha, who had stopped her attacks a while ago. 


Eun ha trembles at the approaching male and scrambles away in fear. 


"Calm yourself." Jeonghan raises his blade and strides faster to the woman. 

 

"G-go away!" 

 


Jeonghan stand in front of her and cuts vertically down her head making the other psychic scream. 

 


"Eh?" However, not a single blood was shed. What's more, the black lines adorning her body was gone and she notices that the power is no longer controlling her anymore. 

 

"W-What did you do?" Eun ha asks quietly, still not having recovered from the situation a while back. 

 

"At the very least, I killed the conscious that was controlling your powers."

 

"H-how?" Eun ha looks up at him in astonishment. 

 

 "My ability. The mystic eye of death perception, allows me to perceive death."

 

"T-that doesn't make any-"

 

"I'll answer your questions if you answer mine." Jeonghan replies calmly. 

 

"....." Eun ha lowers her head and wraps her arms around herself. 

 

She looks up to face Jeonghan, "....alright."

 


Jeonghan relaxes at this, 'so much effort for one conversation..' The younger male suddenly feels weary and exhausted but he doesn't let it show. 

 


"You said you were in some kind of danger, could you tell me more?" Jeonghan asks hesitantly. 

 


Eun ha closes her eyes sadly before she replies, "I-I am running away from the mafia." She wasn't sure if she should be releasing such information to a stranger, but for some reason, her senses were telling her to trust him. 

 

"Running away? Why would you do that?"

 

"I wanted to protect Hana.."

 

Jeonghan narrows his eyes suspiciously, "your..Daughter isn't she?" The younger males recalls that Soonyoung once told him that Eun ha was single, making him doubt the existence of her apparent Daughter. 

 

"No..she isn't really my Daughter. She's a slave with an ability far more superior than me. The mafia wanted me to train her so that she could be of use when she grows up."

 

"But you wanted to protect Hana.."

 

"...I didn't want her to go through the same thing I did..to be a slave to the mafia when all you were taught to do was to kill." Eun ha bits her lower lips in sorrow. 

 


"I finally found a home I could protect..I just wanted to be with her...but the mafia didn't allow that.."

 

Eun ha looks up to meet Jeonghan's black orbs. "I've killed 56 people in my life, only 16 were known to this world but this must not go on. Even if killing myself can't end this, I'm afraid more will fall ill to my hands..I won't be able to save anyone..."

 


More than the revelation of Eun ha commuting murder 56 times what caught the younger male's interest was, "you can't be killed?"

 

Eun ha smiles contritely, "sadly, I'm already dead."

 

This news made Jeonghan dumbfounded, his eyebrows deepen in confusion. 

 

"I committed suicide when I was 13. Ever since then, the body's been dead but the heart never stopped."

 

"I see now...your powers have a will of its own, and that's because it's what's keeping you alive this very instance." Jeonghan says. 

 

 
"Maybe.. But I don't really care...I can't die and I can't stop the killing. What else is left in this wretched body of mine," Eun ha says with melancholy. 

 

 

"I can grant your wish. If you really do want to die." Jeonghan squads down and raises her chin to face the him. Eun ha widens her eyes, "there's no way you can kill me! I'm already dead, don't you understand?" She shouts at him angrily. 

 

"I can and I will." Jeonghan says confidently. 

 

"H-how can you be so sure of yourself?" Eun ha couldn't understand what the other male was thinking but deep down, she felt an undeniable hope boiling at the pit of her stomach.

 

"My esp is a rare advanced cognition of the brain which allows me to perceive the death lines. The death lines are what defines the border between life and death. When I cut them, this border will cease to exist and life and death becomes vague. Such an existence does not exist in this world. You only live or you die. If you are neither than you naturally become....nothing," Jeonghan explains. 

 

Eun ha couldn't believe what she was hearing now, feeling more confident, she asks the male, "Is that why my ability disappeared? You killed my ability? That sounds utterly preposterous. Such a powerful perception ability can't simply exist in this world!!"


"It does and I have it." Jeonghan closes his eyes and takes a deep breathe before he continues, "Things that lack a clear form are difficult to perceive. Yours are particularly beautiful I must say. Most abilities with the power to kill possess beautiful forms. I've seen those of spirals of all kinds of Colour. But I must say yours is the most unique. Streaks of purple , red and white that twirl in all directions...like a spider lily. " Jeonghan says in admiration. 

 

"....." 

 

Eun ha grabs hold of him harshly and exclaims, "If you're so great..can you kill the dead?!"


"I can."

 

"You're lying! That's not possib-" Eun ha persists.  

 

"My eyes can perceive the death of anything that exist in this world. Whether you are a human or an object, it doesn't matter. As long as you possess a form, you stand alive in this world, even if you stop breathing and as long as you exist now.....I can kill you." Jeonghan looks at the woman in front of him determinedly. 

 

 

 


"Can you really kill me?" Came the dubious reply. 

 


Jeonghan smiles ruefully at the Mother, "I've vowed never to take a life anymore...but I guess there has to be some exceptions. You will be my last."

 

 

Eun ha bites her lips and trembles as tears stream down her face. Whether it was tears of joy or sadness, Jeonghan couldn't tell. 

 


".....alright, I'll do anything you say if you can kill me." Eun ha releases his hold on Jeonghan and relaxes significantly. 

 


Jeonghan smiles thankfully at this. 

-----------------

 


"Where's Jeonghan?!" Seungcheol screams across the phone. Soonyoung scrambles away from the phone in fright, shaking vehemently in horror. 


10 minutes ago....


Seungcheol returned home in the late evening to check up on Jeonghan only to be surprised that the younger male is no where to be seen. Jeonghan was just discharged not long ago and should not be in his best state as per now, he shouldn't be carelessly moving around alone. 

 


Worried and distressed, Seungcheol calls every number in his contact list and tries to see if anyone has seen the his younger lover. It was all to no avail until he calls Soonyoung, whom had quickly given in to the guilt, and confessed his crime. 

 

"You idiot! You knew this would happen didn't you?!" Seungcheol yells at the other male harshly. 

 

"I'm sorry! Please forgive me! I warned him!" Soonyoung pleads the older male, voice trembling in fear. 

 

"And you knew he wouldn't listen too." Seungcheol says in a tone that could freeze all pleas. 

 

Feeling annoyed, Seungcheol ends his call with Soonyoung abruptly and rushes out of the front door of his room in a frenzy. 

 

'Where are you now Yoon Jeonghan?'


-------------------

 

"I'm a slave who works for the crime lord Ki Yejoon. But the truth is, I'm a spy who works for Ye seul. Ye seul is an ambitious man who wants to climb up his ranks by advancing his psychic trading business in the underworld society and Ki Yejoon, being his greatest adversity, was to be taken down. Hence he deployed me to work for him."

 

"Take him down? What was Ye seul planning?" Jeonghan couldn't see how this was related to the inju serial murder case, but nonetheless, any clue is precious at this point of time. 

 

"Like you said, I send a large sum of money to Ye Seul's bank account. That was the money I stole from Ki Yejoon. Although he has yet to know, but I fear the inevitable will soon come."

 


"How is all this related to the Inju serial murder case may I ask?"

 

 


A long stretch of silence ensues before a shocking truth was revealed. 

 


"........I killed her."

 

"W-what?"

 

"Don't you get it? I am the Inju serial murderer." Eun ha says sadly. 


------------------

 

Seungcheol hears the sound of his ringtone vibrate against his front pocket. He takes the phone out and sees Jeonghan's name on the screen. His eyes soften endearingly as he answers the call. 

 

"Hey sweetheart? Where were you, I was so worri-"

 

"Seungcheol I think you need to come. I found the murder." Came a low and grave voice.