Be my reason

Be my hero

This chapter is mostly dated 2 days prior to the events of chapter two to explain why Jeonghan approached mr ye seul- a crime lord- in the first place.

If you are confused, chapter 1-normal time, chapter2-3 days later and chapter 3- a day after the events of chapter one or 2 days prior chapter three

 

 

"Cheol....cheol...ha..ha..ugh" it was dark and the morbid smell of rotten flesh burns my nose. Drip drip drip...the sound of blood dripping down the once white walls haunted me. And a pool of scarlet stains the soles of my feet. Cold and pale bodies surround themselves around me......some of them used to be my friends back in the facility-well not anymore since they're dead. But others , armed with riffles and adorning black combat suits ,drenched in their own blood,were decapitated and sliced up beyond recognition. In the fit of anger after witnessing my fellow friends shot to death, my eyes flared up and before I knew it, I had killed them. 

Guilt swallowed my heart in misery as i take tentative steps back. Tripping on one of the body, I stumble backwards and landed on the floor, hands trembling tremendously and the blood splatters loudly, covering me in red from waist down. 

However my heart stops as I hear an unfamiliar voice from the metal door across the room. And soon after, the door slammed open and men in black enter the room. Their eyes were covered in dark tinted googles and they aimed their riffles at me mercilessly. I couldn't see their faces but I was certain they were glaring at me at the sight of their dead comrades laying on the cold ground. 

Is this how it's gonna end?

"Haaa-" I take in a deep breath, accepting what little time I have left but then..


A voice

 

 

 

 

 


"..cheol...." Jeonghan turns to his left, feeling the soft fabric on the tips of his fingers. Jeonghan hums softly as he open his eyes. However the blinding light deters him from opening his eyes any further as he sways his arms around, hoping to reach out to something

A gentle hand grab holds on Jeonghan's right hand and rubs gently on his palm. His eyes flutter awake, now facing the handsome face of his beloved. 

"..Cheol..." ..Where am I? 


White walls..and a bed? 

Long, translucent curtains adorn the windows next to Jeonghan, not exactly discouraging the sunlight from invading the room. Danish-brown counter sits next to the bed, and multiple Dove-grey armchairs align themselves at the corner of the room. 
Seungcheol sits on the stool on Jeonghan's right and gazes lovingly into Jeonghan's dark orbs. His eyes visibly softening at the sight of his Boyfriend. 


"Hospital. You fainted, don't you remember?"

Ah yes. I was investigating about ye seul before I was attacked...by a psychic!

"The man-" I exclaimed worriedly, recalling that I had slashed him. 

"You mean the psychic you were found with? He had a Long cut across his torso, ugly wound. And your knife was covered with his blood."

"...." Hearing this, Jeonghan made a painful grimace. 

"But he's not dead, you didn't kill him did you?"

"...I avoided the death lines...but I wasn't sure if he'll die due to excessive blood loss.."

"Good job." Seungcheol flashes a kind smile to Jeonghan, tightening his hand around Jeonghan's. 

"Huh?" Jeonghan blinks unceremoniously at this. 

"What do you me-"

"Thanks to you we caught a suspect. Soonyoung is still investigating but my team and I will go down to the scenes to find out more...although.... I was upset you didn't heed to my request. You promised to keep your hands off this case didn't you?"

Chewing on his lower lip, Jeonghan flushes in guilt. 

"I'm sorry! I wanted to help!" Jeonghan lowers his head, avoiding seungcheol's eyes. 

However, soft, plump lips gives a chaste kiss to Jeonghan's temple and Jeonghan widens his eyes In surprise. 

"It's my fault anyways. I shouldn't have brought you to see the victim's corpse. The police wanted you to have a look at the corpse having heard of your abilities. They thought that with your help they could find the killer but it proved to be too much for you. I shouldn't have forced you into this. " seungcheol lifts Jeonghan's head to meet his eyes, sadness clouding his vision. 


2 days ago


"Wonwoo.." Jeonghan's voice breaks the silence in the detective's office. 

"Ah Jeonghan, you're here," Wonwoo lifts his head to meet Jeonghan's eyes and flashes a smile to welcome him. 

"Was there something you needed?" Jeonghan continues as he takes a few step closer to Wonwoo, who is sitting behind his desk while reading some documents, and flops down onto one of the cushioned azure armchairs in wonwoo's office. 

Wonwoo takes out his reading glasses and throws a few set of papers in the air, making them float just in front of Jeonghan and flips the pages as he talks. 

"The police requested for you help look at the victim's body. They were concerned with the lack of evidence found from the body and were suspecting that it was due to the act of a psychic. "

"......" The pages flip and Jeonghan stares at the words, silently reading them with an expressionless face. 

"These are documents of the complied evidences, statements and other clues found from the victims, witness and other investigations from the police. These documents date from the earliest case of the inju serial murder case, in 2001. To the latest..." The pages flip all the way to the last page, revealing a picture of jihyun's- the latest victim- corpse, " in 2016. "

"And you want me to help with the investigation?" Jeonghan ponders out loud, tilting his head in slight disbelief. 


"To put it simply, yes. " Wonwoo pushes his glasses up and swipes his hand to the right, arranging the papers and placing them back onto his desk. 

Jeonghan raises his eyebrows," but cheol said that I can't partake this time round", just yesterday seungcheol was telling Jeonghan not to get involved yet here is Wonwoo telling him the exact opposite  

"Well...he agreed. But I'm certain he wants you to only see the corpse and find more evidence but not to get involved in the investigation itself. " Wonwoo replies. 


"Did he say why?" Jeonghan asks expectantly. 


"No. But.." Wonwoo takes off his glasses and settles them on the table. " The crime has taken place for more than three days and there's not a single clue that the police can provide. Mingyu is still trying to collect evidence from the scenes and the body but at this rate..I'm afraid it'll end up as another cold case if nothing is found."

"....understood, I'll take a look. " 


-----------------------

"Here. These are the pictures of the bruises found on jihyun's body. " Mingyu hands a green file to Jeonghan. 

"...." Jeonghan takes the file and flips a few pages. 

Jeonghan turns his head to look at the dead corpse. Taking in a deep breath, his eyes changes to a beautiful shade of burgundy, azure, crimson and midnight black. 

The death lines..one..two...three..?

Could it be, there's something still living in this body that caused the appearance of the death lines? Normally, my eyes won't be able to see the death lines of anything that is dead but if I can perceive its death, it is still breathing...whatever it is inside of the girl's body. 

"...Mingyu, can you cut open the area under her left eye, her nape and....and her heart"

----------------------
"Soonyoung, I need you to find out who ye seul, the witness, has been calling recently and his bank account to see if there were any transfer of money as well. " seungcheol taps his feet onto the ground repeatedly, looking at soonyoung who seems to be carrying a bored expression, not meeting seungcheol's eyes. 

"Are you insane? Investigate the witness, are you suspecting him now? You must be really bored. " Soonyoung replies. 

"Not bored. But desperate. I've a feeling he lied during his interrogation but I can't be too sure. "Seungcheol furrows his eyebrows, chewing his lips as he grunts in exasperation. 

soonyoung looks up to meet seungcheol's eyes, face deadly serious," false statement? How sure are you?"

"Yes officer, I saw the body hanging and decided to call the police. There wasn't anyone else but me and my chauffeur-" ye seul tells the police officer in front of him. 

Seungcheol, standing at the corner of the room looks silently at the ongoing event. 


'Thou shalt not lie. Ye seul what are you hiding?"

" Very sure. "

 

Hiiii I'm done with my third chapter. This story is so fun to write!!! I just love mystery romance and action!!!!! 
 I still feel that there is a lack of romance but after I finish the intro arc, it's full blown love ~

Also i just Want to clarify that if you do not understand what Jeonghan's powers is about , I'll explain later on. Just remember 'death lines' and 'death perception' 

By the way Joshua will come in after the next arc and hence I'll make it as Interesting as possible. So enjoy in the mean time!!!