Mask

Sweet Facade

That night Jinwoo had dreamed of Mino, knowing if he had been more delicate he would  be able to see Mino carelessly like every other day. He had gotten too entice with Mino and just wanted to see his smiling face but the event of yesterday kept replaying in his head. Mino’s face that held none of his beautiful smiles was present at that time he looked frail and Jinwoo hated himself for wanting to ravage the other boy at that time. Jinwoo painfully stood up from his bed looking at his ashtray that held 5 cigarettes in which one of them was still emitting smoke.

He dragged himself out of his bed into the kitchen to pour himself coffee when he noticed that something didn’t feel right. Before he had the chance to approach his fridge his phone rang and he turned to see the caller ID, it was Seunghoon.

“Yes?" Jinwoo responded more rough than he had intended

"Good morning to you too Jinwoo Hyung" Seunghoon responded trying to not show irritation in his voice.

"Is it important I'm already in a bad mood"

"You probably acted without Thinking again and hurted someone" Jinwoo could feel Seunghoon sighting through the phone . Bullseyes..

Jinwoo was silent on the other line until he responded clearing his throat.

"Aren't you too friendly?" Jinwoo said half coldly.

It was Seunghoon's turn to be silenced and to cleared his throat.

"Anyways. I have a bad and an even badder news for you"

"Start with Bad"

"I lost track of Taehyun…"

"Ah….Did you?. What's the other one?" Jinwoo said adding sugar to his coffee distracted as it was the least of his worries.

"Its tonight" Seunghoon said firmly. Jinwoo understood what he meant and sighed heavily sitting down on his lonely chair tapping his feet.

"Im not going"


"Jinwoo…" Seunghoon started but Jinwoo had already hung up the phone. He was boiling in the inside and went to wash his face to get ready for work.

---


He spent the whole morning in his office at work not wanting to see anybody until noon when Ji Eun knocked on his door
"Yes you may come in."
"Oh he isn't with you..." Ji Eun said not trying to hide her disappointment.
"Who?" He asked knowing exactly who she was referring too.
"Mino geez...He didn't come to work neither did he call I thought you would know or something since we last saw him with you" Ji Eun continued with a slightly annoyed tone. Jinwoo finished typing his report, hands heavy and looked at the small girl in front of him emotions not betraying him forcing a smile.
"Oh no Im sure he will be there tomorrow don't worry" he said with all his strength.
He didnt have any idea of where Mino had went and he was sure it was his fault if the guy ever goes missing. He mentally stabbed himself.
"Well... okay if you say so.." Ji Eun said pouting before glaring at Jinwoo and leaving.
Mino never showed up that day.
Jinwoo took his phone and texted at the first number that appeared.
- I need you to track someone
He texted waiting for the reply.

By the afternoon he quickly left his workplace going to the address he was asked to meet. Behind a wall the man was standing leaning on the wall with his fedora covering his face all in black. He was holding a large but thin envelope in his hand.
"Jinwoo Hy~ung!" The man said waving. If he had a cover to keep he had completely blew it.
Jinwoo approached with a serious step but eventually smirked when he realised the other had no intention of being secretive.
"You are fearless Kang Seungyoon" Jinwoo stated to the man facing him.
"Hehe I left fear in the garbage years ago" he replied.
Jinwoo approached him exchanging the envelop with a couple of money bills in which Seungyoon waved in the air.
"Thx oh by the way Taehyun says Hi" he said still smiling one of those cute and innocent smile of his.
"What?...That little brat?" Jinwoo said incredulously
"Yup We were drinking together last night, really funny guy" Seungyoon said smiling probably reminding himself of the night.
"That sly ...." Jinwoo started
"He said he is worried for you"
"Tell him to mind his own problems before I get to him"
"Haha I'll text him that now" Seungyoon said pulling out his phone.

Jinwoo cringed but decided to let it go for the day and only nod at Seungyoon that nodded back with a wink.
He really was the only one who could act like that.
Jinwoo eyed the envelop in his palm swallowing his saliva. He sat outside of a corner store and pulled out his pen to open his envelope. He pulled a single sheet of paper with a picture and started to read. He could hardly swallow and his palms were sweaty. It felt like he was the only one in the world, all noises ceased and everything went in slow motion.
"Are you okay sir?" Someone said waking him up from his trance.
But his mouth was dehydrated and he could only nod. He stood up slowly a mix of emotion taking a hold of him until he rapidly left to make a call. The person answered after the first ring.
"Yes boss?"
"Seunghoon to my house now, we're going out" Jinwoo said with one of the most authoritative tone Seunghoon has ever heard.
"On my way" he replied before Jinwoo had time to hang up.

Seunghoon was faster , he was waiting infront of the building already. Jinwoo didnt talk and only made his way to his room which Seunghoon followed quietly observing the other's step.  
Jinwoo stood in front of his fridge until he pushed the heavy thing to reveal a door. Seunghoon was still silent.
"We have to be ready" Jinwoo said opening the door.
The room was dark but Jinwoo went in pulling out a heavy worn out bag.
"Ah long time no see" Seunghoon said coming to help him, wondering how the older had passed the airport with that.
Jinwoo the bag slowly while the smell of metal and iron was setting around them.
Seunghoon looked down on the bag pulling out a cover to see the familiar black armement.
Jinwoo pulled a silver revolver with a green emblem on it starting to load it, he also pulled a bag with many daggers and started to load them on his body.
Seunghoon took 2 retractable metal stick carrying the same green emblem.
"We want to be subtle we are not going to war and it would be hard to long range shoot from where we are going" Jinwoo said  wiping one of his daggers"
" For someone not going to war you sure have a lot of these stuff" Seunghoon said pointing at the bag
" I confiscated them"
" I wonder how..." Seunghoon said under his breath at which Jinwoo glared.
They waited in the living room for hours Jinwoo looking at the clock tense playing with his mildly heavy silver desert eagle.
"You still have that gun?" Seunghoon asked
" it was my first" Jinwoo said looking at it.
"Are you sure you want to use it?"
Jinwoo hesitated.
" No."
" You use to go everywhere with that thing"
"It did way too much damage..."
" This life was really messy" Seunghoon said leaning down.
"It had to" Jinwoo simply replied tapping his feet.
"But now people use other methods..." Seunghoon said cautiously
" If the fittest survives you got to get him a way or the other" Jinwoo said coldly
" I guess"
"You got a change of clothes?"
" Ya"
"Might as well get dressed, everyone will be there"

---
" Lets go Seunghoon".
Jinwoo and Seunghoon were greeted to a shining black Audi car and looked at each other making sure it was Seunghoon that had called them.

Jinwoo was quiet all ride but Seunghoon could see he was agitated and decided not to say anything.  Their car was approaching a huge Manor in which many luxury cars were stationed, many with fancy outfits. Jinwoo felt nauseous and closed his eyes for a few second.
"We are there" the driver said from the front seat. The driver turned towards them holding 2 masks

“I was asked to give you these”. Seunghoon’s mask was a heavy bronze lion while Jinwoo’s mask was an elegantly designed silver and green half mask coverings both of his eyes with pearls falling on the side and a lace veil covering the mask as a finishing. As soon as they got off the car all eyes started to turn towards them. The door was open for them and as soon as they got into the manor they were greeted. People were whispering to themselves and some were faintly pointing. Everyone was wearing a masquerade type masks
"Hello, what is the honor today?" A well dress man said bowing accompanied by a pretty female.
" Oh... Nothing in particular" Jinwoo quickly responded and leaving half bowing.
"Wasn't that rude?" Seunghoon said
" he will recover, i'm not here for him".

"Hello everyone! Thank you for coming tonight!" A mask man said from a platform in the huge living room.
"Looks like it's starting…”Jinwoo whispered as people were gathering glasses of wine,champagne or other luxurious beverage  in their hands.
" Tonight is a great night! Welcome all benefactors, sponsors, providers and of course thank you for making this night possible, how much have we accomplish? The revenues are flowing and let's thank Mr. Kim for his contribution"
Everyone was silent until someone came on the stage to whisper in the masked man's ears.
"Oh I heard Mr.Kim couldnt make it tonight but his son his here!"
Jinwoo started to sweat when all eyes seemed to have been turned towards him or was it a fruit of his imagination. That's not what he wanted.
"I heard you have been away for a trip we haven't seen you in ages!-". The man interrupted the MC another time.
"Oh Mr.Kim’s spokesperson will be talking on behalf of him instead".
The man came on the stage well dressed, all in black with a metallic wolf black mask, wearing leather gloves. The man's voice didn't sound like any of the spokesperson voice he was use to, it sounded like him. His skin tingled and a surge of anger took hold of him. He knew this was coming. He remembered the files.
Song Mino. Song Min-ho
Seunghoon looked at him worried and led him out of the way to a more quieter place locking eyes with the spokesperson as they left.
"It's him right?" Seunghoon said.
Jinwoo didn't say anything  as he looked out the large window hitting it with his fist.
"Are you okay?".
Jinwoo chuckled giving Seunghoon an amusing glare tilting his head.
"Im more than okay, Things are getting way too fun" He said chuckling louder. Seunghoon knew that nothing good would come out of that side of Jinwoo.
"Everyone that came here are screwed in the head" Jinwoo said.
"We already knew that, and so are we" Seunghoon said now glaring at Jinwoo.
"Hmm Sweetly true, all fakes" Jinwoo replied leaning on the wall.
"Are you confronting him?"
"Yes and you better not interfere, I need you to be my eyes"
"I understand" Seunghoon said.
Now let's wait strategically.

Jinwoo rushed up the stairs that seemed to never end, anger boiling up, resentment crippling. He held his gun tightly in his hands from his pocket trying not to sweat from his hands. He finally saw the door with two guards in front and with two agile move of his arms easily knock them down before they even realised what had happened. Thankx to Seunghoon that had taught him these moves. He would have probably finished everything before the guards even have time to look at Seunghoon. Jinwoo was still smirking when he opened the door with his gun pointing directly at someone's face that was covered with a wolf mask but the other person already had his own shining black metal gun with a crimson red emblem pressing on Jinwoo's temple.
"Heard you were the new Black Wolf" Jinwoo said.
"You heard right".
The masked man took off his mask to reveal dark eyes.
"Hi Mino" Jinwoo said smiling darkly
"Nice to see you again Hyung" Mino replied expressionless lowering his eyes

 

------/-/-/-------------------------------------/-/-/---------------------------------/-/-/----------------------------------/-/-/

a/n: by the way Lee Ji Eun is IU if you didnt know lol

 

Sorry for the super late update this chapter took longer than expected!!! :( I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did cuz although we don't have Jinwoo's title correctly we are getting closer and also you gys who predicted something about Mino I actually didnt know it would turn like this lol :) r.i.p cute Mino !!

Tell me what you think I tried to make this chapter interesting but I feel like there is too much going on for one chapter lol.

p.s: these days I kinda want to have a chapter but I don't know if it would ruin the story ...I'll see lol

p.s.s: I'll edit later if the structure is still lacking

p.s.s.s: You guys prob don't even read this lol

p.s.s.s.s I Just edited it a bit