Five

Consciousness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There's nothing like a trip to the doctor's to cheer me up right?" Mijoo said while lying down on a bed next to a monitor.

"Yeah as if you don't spend enough time in a hospital?" Mark joked while holding her hand.

It was a little past halfway through Mijoo's pregnancy and she and Mark went to the hospital for their ultrasound check-up.

"I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I kind of want a boy," Mijoo says while rubbing her tummy.

"Really? Because I want a girl," Mark said disagreeing. Mijoo looked at Mark with a confused face. "You want a girl? I had no idea," Mijoo told him.

"I mean it would be nice to have a boy too so he can carry on with my name, but I think it'll be fun to have a girl first," Mark confessed. Mijoo's expression just deepened in confusion.

"Wait wait wait..first? So you're saying you want more kids? Hun, we haven't even had one yet," Mijoo said with a small giggle. Mark just laughed and they brushed that comment off.

"Anyways, whatever this little one comes out as, I'll love it to death," Mark said while pecking Mijoo on the lips sweetly. Just in time, their ultrasound technician came in.

"Good morning, my favorite couple! How are things?" their technician, Ryu Sujeong said with a bright greeting.

===

Sujeong rubbed the gel on Mijoo's stomach and placed the device on her stomach. A cooling sensation ran up Mijoo's spine as it did every time she went through this procedure. They all had their eyes glued to the screen, looking for the little baby growing inside Mijoo.

"Oh! There it is! Little one is getting bigger and bigger," said Sujeong with an enthusiastic smile.

Mijoo started to tear up because she was just so happy she gets to see how big her little one is getting. Mark noticed and rubbed her arm soothingly. "Why are you being a crybaby right now?" Mark joked.

"It's the hormones!" Mijoo defended herself. Everyone laughed, but then it died down.

Sujeong continued to place the device at different areas of her stomach until her face fell a bit flat when she saw something on the monitor. However, she wasn't the only one that noticed.

"Wait, what's that on it?" Mark asked curiously.

"Well, I am actually not authorized to give that information, but the doctor will be in here to tell you," was all Sujeong said with a sweet smile.

Mijoo began to worry.

"But-but it's nothing to worry about right?" she asked nervously.

"I can't comment on anything about that right now, I'm sorry," Sujeong said again. Then she took the device off of her stomach and placed it on the rack. She pardoned herself and told them that the doctor will be with them shortly.

"Thank you, Suj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter