Four

Consciousness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mijoo woke up to the smell of breakfast. She couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly, but it smelled good. She turned over in her bed and bumped into something quite hard and fluttered her eyes open to see that Mark was still sleeping next to her. She was confused a bit because she thought Mark was cooking something, but then she realized that BabySoul was here and it was probably her.

Mijoo stared at Mark. Just looking at him. At his features, his ashy blonde, almost brown hair, his cute nose, his soft lips, his eyes that showed her nothing but the truth...

But then her expression changed slightly into a worried look as she remembered his phone. She then wondered if his eyes were really telling her the truth.

He looked so innocent when he was asleep that she doubted he would do anything that would hurt her, but then again people can change-- either for the better or for worse.

Mijoo's thoughts were broken when Mark turned to lay flat on his back and brought his palms up to rub his face a little.

She was still on her side, watching him wake up as if he were a show on tv.

"Goodmorning," Mijoo said, her words naturally coming out candy coated.

Mark turned his head to look at Mijoo and blinked a couple times to get a focus on Mijoo.

"Hey," Mark said sleepily with a tone that had the slightest hint of confusion as well.

Mijoo sat upright and turned her body to Mark, combing her hair back with her fingers.

"What time are you working today?" Mark asked, sitting up from his position as well.

"They called me last night to take a night shift, so 3 to midnight."

"Don't you think that's a little too..inconvenient of a shift?" Mark asked rubbing her arm soothingly.

"I've done it plenty times before--"

"But not while you're pregnant," Mark inturrupted.

Mijoo's expression changed, but she gave him a small smile of reassurance.

"I'll be okay. I know how to take care of myself. You of all people should know."

"Yeah I know. But that doesn't mean I can't be worried. I mean what if one day you won't need me anymore," Mark joked. Mijoo shoved his shoulder.

"Andwe! Don't say that, of course I'll always need you. And this one is gonna need you too," Mijoo said pretty seriously, rubbing her small bump.

"I know, I know, I was just saying. If something does happen to me one day, I know you can take care of everything by yourself. You always have an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter