Two

Consciousness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mark, I told you to tell me what to make for dinner tonight, so don't get all worked up because this isn't something you like."

"True, but shouldn't you know that I don't like this?"

"...It's just porridge. How do you not like....Mark. I'm talking to you, hellooo??" Mark started stripping his tie then ing his shirt, but walked away from the conversation rudely.

"It's okay. I'm tired, just eat without me, it's fine," Mark mumbled as he walked to their bedroom and closed the door leaving Mijoo alone in the dining room/kitchen.

"Hmph. Fine, if he's gonna be a pain, I'll just eat this with the little one? Looks like it's just us tonight...again," Mijoo said to herself while walking to the stove to grab a serving of her cooking.

It was strange to Mijoo that their days as a married couple became more stressful for Mark and more strenuous for Mijoo. She wasn't stressed about work, but more stressed that she couldn't please Mark as much as she used to. It wasn't crazy stress, but it did make her uncomfortable every so often.

That night, Mijoo washed the dishes, turned off all the lights, brushed her teeth, and climbed into bed next to Mark who was already passed out under the covers.

"Goodnight, I love you," Mijoo said before pulling the blanket up to her chin and turning off the lamp on their nightstand. Every night, when they were in bed together, Mark would first say, 'sweet dreams, angel, I love you,' then mijoo would always reply back saying, 'goodnight, i love you too.' Something so simple could easily be forgotten as years went on, which was something Mijoo feared.

===

Mijoo woke up the next morning and stretched happily because it was her day off. She turned to her side and saw the sunlight peeking through the blinds hitting the baby blue bedsheets. Mark wasn't there. Mijoo did her daily morning routine and waddled into the kitchen to get breakfast. She opened the cupboard and found a sticky note attatched to her favorite mug.

She read the note, "Mijoo, got called into work and carpooled with Junso. I'll call you during lunch. -Mark"

Mijoo sighed and proceeded to make herself some tea.

She was feeling pretty bored and lonely so she decided to call Babysoul.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Soul-ah! It's so nice to hear your voice. I miss you so much," Mijoo said through the receiver.

Babysoul laughed at Mijoo's nice comment.

"I've missed you too, Mijoo-ah. I'm flying back into town for a little bit next week, can you and Mark pick me up from the airport?" Babysoul asked with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter