One

Consciousness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee  Tuan Mijoo woke up on a regular, sunny morning next to her boyfriend husband Mark Tuan. She awoke before Mark and decided to take a shower before going into work at her new job at Seoul Hospital instead of the local clinic.

Mijoo undressed and stepped on the cold tile that sent shivers up her spine. It was mid-March, but it was still pretty chilly outside. Once she was done with her shower, she stepped out on the fuzzy rug that greeted her wet toes and wrapped herself in a towel that barely circled around her body due to her baby bump that was now almost twice the size it was since the wedding.

When Mijoo walked out of the steamy bathroom, she was greeted by a groggy Mark who had just woken up and was ruffling his ash blonde hair. He turned his attention on Mijoo slowly once she was out of the bathroom. He stretched his arms towards the ceiling and stood up from the bed, his shirt lifting up ever so teasingly.

In one motion, he swooped his hands to Mijoo's face and gave her a short, but sweet morning peck on the lips before grabbing a towel from a nearby chair and shutting the bathroom door to take his turn in the shower.

She couldn't help but feel the de ja vu.

Mijoo dressed herself and then went into the kitchen to fix herself and baby-to-be some breakfast. In the process, she also the TV and Spongebob Squarepants was on. About half an hour later, Mark walks in on Mijoo who was eating and laughing at the cartoon on the screen.

"Mijoo-ah, can you help me with this tie?" After no response, Mark looked up from his tie to see Mijoo still focused on the screen.

"Mijoo?"

Mijoo looks away from the TV and glances at Mark, still laughing from the show. She gestured for him to go to her, but her eyes were still glued on the yellow sponge and pink starfish. 

Mark strolls towards her and sits next to her on the couch, positioning his body towards her so she can tie his tie.

"Why are you watching this?" Mark asks with a chuckle.

"I just turned it on while I was making breakfast and it was funny so I kept on watching. Baby wanted to watch, too," Mijoo said, finally giving Mark her attention he's been waiting for all morning.

Mark was never great at tying ties. He could do it, but Mijoo just always did it better, therefore he'd always ask Mijoo to put it on for him. Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter