Three

Consciousness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark hung up the phone and his stare lingered on his phone's lock screen. It was a picture of Mijoo and himself at the altar, her very slight baby bump showing, but she still managed to keep her physique slim. Her gown flowed like water and draped over the two steps below them and her hair holding gorgeous, yet effortless curls that stopped mid back.

She had one hand above her stomach holding the boquet and the other in between them where Mark was holding one of her hands with both of his.

Mark stared at his lock screen until it turned black, showing a reflection of himself rather than the picture of the two of them.

He gave a small smile.

He loosened his tie and then got up to grab his blazer that was draped over the back of his computer chair.

"Junso. Ready to go?" Mark asked, stopping by Junso's cubicle and checking his watch.

His space was neat and orderly, but the only thing that was a decoration was a small picture frame that housed a photo of Kei with her arms wrapped around his neck, hair whisping across her bright, smiling face while his eyes were closed and he was smiling as well, but it looked like he was laughing. The whole thing looked like he was giving her a piggy back ride and he took the picture himself selfie style.

Junso finished typing on his computer and then did some clicking which made the computer turn off.

"Now I am. Let's go." Junso grabbed his blazer as well and they were off to the elevators that took them down to the lobby.

===

The flight Mark and Junso were waiting for to land was supposed to land in a few minutes. They waited near the exit until it was time and when it was, they scanned the crowd for the fun-sized girl with a bright blue luggage bag...and there she was.

Once she saw them, she sped up her pace as did they and Mark and Junso took turns giving her a bear hug to welcome her back home.

"It's so nice to see you again, Soul-ah. It's been a while?"

"It feels surprisingly refreshing to be back, Mark. And Junso, wow, you really did go to the army, look at those arms! How's Kei? Is she coming?"

"She's actually still at the school until 4, but she wishes she could be here. Let's go before traffic starts pouring in."

Soojung, Mark and Junso packed her luggage in Junso's car and they were off to Mark's house where Mijoo would receive her "surprise."

Junso couldnt participate because he promised Kei that he would pick her up at the school later on.

===

Mark unlocked the front door in hopes that Mijoo wasn't in the living room and sighed in relief when she wasn't. He stepped in quietly with BabySoul's luggage in his hands and gestured BabySoul to go inside the bedroom where he followed to drop off the luggage that was in his hands.

He closed the door to their bedroom quietly and then closed the front door as he normally would, receiving a response from the kitchen from Mijoo.

"Mark?" he heard her yell and then footsteps following.

He hung his keys on the key rack and took off his blazer as he normally would.

"You're home early, I thought you weren't going to be home for another couple of hours?" Mijoo asked, wrapping her small arms around his waist.

Mark brushed the hair from her face away and tucked one side of her hair behind her ear as he swooped in for a sweet kiss. He held her face in his hands and said, "I might have lied, mianhe," and flashed her a shy smile that she couldn't help but smile back at.

"Makes me wonder what else you're lying about. What's in the bedroom?"

He was surprised that she knew something was up. He laughed and pulled her closer as he kissed the top of her head.

"Why don't you put my jacket away and I'll start making dinner."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter