009

FRAGMENTS OF LOVE - 𝑏𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑜𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Nine

 

Kai walked into the company with his brother on his tail. Chen was smiling at all the employees greeting him as he cheekily followed his little brother, eager to meet Sehun. Everyone was well aware of Chen’s identity, as greetings followed him left and right. Kai was convinced that his brother was more popular than him in his own workplace.

Kai was nervous, to say the least. He had just managed to build a steady and somewhat of a friendship with Sehun, and he would be lying to himself if he said he trusted Chen. Not that his brother would ever have any malicious intentions for his little plan, but it’s that Chen tended to be very direct and outspoken, and not many people were comfortable with that.

With each step closer to his office, Kai could feel the dread build while Chen was being ever so comfortable. With a sigh, Kai walked into his office, straight towards his chair where he sat down, already exhausted. Followed by his brother who also took a seat in the guest chair.

“Are you going to call him yet or should I do it instead?” Chen started, not even two seconds in and he’s already scheming and putting pressure on Kai. Much to his delight, it seemed.

“Why don’t you relax for a bit instead huh? I need time to figure out how I’m going to ask him abou- Wait!” Kai was taken by surprise mid-sentence at the sight of Chen rolling his eyes in annoying and heading towards the door, clearly to drag the subject of Kai’s affection into the office and this plan of his.

Kai rushed after him and managed to slam the door close again with a hand above his shoulder, just as Chen was leaving.

“Wow, this Sehun really got you up in a twist” Chen laughed, finding this whole ordeal very amusing and clearly having the most fun out of the two brothers.

“Stop. What were you planning to do? Let me just think about it and find a way to ease the question into the conversation! I don’t want him to feel weird about it and you’re going to make it precisely that, weird!”

“Kai, dude, it’s just an invitation and not the end of the world. Plus I’m certain he won’t reject it seeing as the main lead of the party, me, will ask him nicely” Chen added with a wink, also adding to the frustration Kai’s feeling right now.

Chen held the door knob in an attempt to open the door but Kai’s hand was firm and wouldn’t budge. The two brothers tried to outdo one another, and the door was rattling at this point.

“Let go Kai!” Chen stated trying his best to open the door.

“Just ing wait for a second then!” Kai replied, doing the opposite as their struggle continued.

“If I keep waiting for you to find your perfect moment, it will never happen. I’m helping you out. You should be grateful” Chen huffed in indignation, as if Kai really was being ungrateful to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter