006

FRAGMENTS OF LOVE - ๐‘๐‘ฆ ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘๐‘’
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six

The time that the two spent at the puppy Cafรฉ was delightful. Sehun enjoyed it as it took his mind off of all the thoughts pestering him, and helped him have a little fun instead. Of course, as much fun as he deemed appropriate considering he was out with his boss after all. Still, he allowed himself to indulge a bit in this moment, watching Kai play with the puppies and seeing that unexpected innocence and charm radiating off of his superior, helped Sehun relax a little bit.

He was indeed in awe of Kai in general. His boss was intelligent, smart, and talented in running a business. He was tough when he needed to be and very king to his employees. Kai probably saw that Sehun was having a difficult time, and as much as the pale boy appreciated his bossโ€™s kindness, he made a mental note as to be careful in showing his emotions. He thought that he should avoid being a bother to his boss, and to not abuse his kindness. He thought about how he could work much harder to repay him for this much needed break.

โ€œWhat are you thinking so hard about?โ€ Kaiโ€™s question caused Sehun to break out of his little reverie.

โ€œOh- nothing much, sir. In fact I wanted to thank youโ€ฆโ€ at hearing this, Kaiโ€™s eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he waited for Sehun to elaborate. The latter had been caressing a puppy before continuing. โ€œFor all of thisโ€ฆthank you for bringing me here. Iโ€ฆreally needed it. Youโ€™re very kind, sirโ€ Sehun finished off with a genuine smile.

Sehun continued to play with the adorable puppies, not knowing that the man next to him is currently trying to hide the fact that Sehunโ€™s smile knocked all breath out of his lungs. Kai could not deny the fact that he was lightly, or maybe quite smitten with his assistant. All it takes is for Sehun to smile like that and his heartbeat starts accelerating. It was the first time in his life where he felt flustered. Usually, having the reputation of being a successful young businessman who also had outstanding looks always granted Kai a favorable opinion with everyone. He never had to try hard enough to please, and he never felt like he should work hard to please anyone. He was already popular, and he could easily seduce whomever he fancied. Yet, right now, he felt as if he was a nervous teenager who doesnโ€™t know how to make the first move.

Only Sehun had this effect on him. It was a new feeling, and Kai didnโ€™t mind it. He tried to focus on the puppies running about, but who was he kidding? His gaze would almost automatically land on the man with the delicate hands caressing the dogs, a relaxed state he didnโ€™t witness a lot, and a lovely expression adorned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter