004

FRAGMENTS OF LOVE - 𝑏𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑜𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

 

Many people had asked him that. Were you crying? Are you okay? Sehun heard these question many times. Each time, he would come up with a different excuse. He hated how his facial expression betrayed his sadness and misery so easily. As if the story of that sadness was written in clear lines on his face and everyone could see it. That is why, across the years, he learned to sculpt his features into a more neutral tone.

Therefore, no one could see anything, unless Sehun wished to reveal it himself.

He did not expect the same question to resurface from his boss’s lips. He knew for sure that he had always kept a poker face, and no one should be able to tell whether he was crying or not. Sehun was a bit flustered. It was not until he felt his fingers on Kim Kai’s collar that he realized their extremely close distance and perhaps the reason why his boss was able to notice the slight redness underneath Sehun’s eyelids.

Sehun retreated his hands from the other’s shirt, and pulled back a little, creating a more comfortable space between them, before responding to the question.

“No, I was not.” Sehun attempted a smile, yet it did not quite reach his eyes.

“Are you sure –“Kim Kai countered but the subject was quickly diverted when Sehun looked at the tanned male’s bandaged and injured hand.

“How did you get injured? You were fine yesterday when you drove me home,” Sehun said in a quiet voice, before he remembered that he did not add the respectful “sir” to the sentence and he wanted to quickly correct his mistake. However, Kim Kai answered first.

“Oh this?” The CEO said lifting his injured hand and smiled looking at Sehun. The latter quickly averted his eyes to the bandaged hand. “It’s quite the funny story actually. When I got back home, my mind was all over the place, so I did not pay attention to the slippery stairs and I fell” Kim Kai motioned to his hand with a scrunched up nose “This hand took most of the fall”.

Sehun looked at him again, the words slipped from his mouth as if they were dying to escape.

“You should have been more careful”

“Sehun –“Kim Kai wanted to say something but Sehun spoke first.

“But thankfully it is just a strain and noting broken. You should put some ointment on it and be careful. Yes sir?”

“Thank you for coming here so early” The tan male said with a dashing smile on his face. His eyes were genuine in transmitting the grateful emotions. Sehun thought that it was such a long time since he had seen such honest eyes. Good people still exist, he guessed. Kim Kai sighed before continuing. “Now I have to go meet an investor before he catches his flight and afterwards…there are a lot of things to do back home too”

Having an injury for such a busy man like Kim Kai was certainly uncomfortable and a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter