Firsts (Her POV)

BiHi One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Synopsis: Firsts are always something that are precious within a relationship and being able to cherish and love that someone for longest time is something rare. It's one of the purest and simplest forms of love as two people come together and share the mutual feelings they share for each other. Continuation of Hanbin and Hayi's love story told through her POV of everything. 

The first time she heard of him, Hayi had just finished recording her parts for her first feature as a part of YG Family. Tablo had asked her to be part of their latest single, It’s Cold because he believed her voice would suit it the best. She stepped out of the recording booth to find some of YG’s best producers in the room along with the rest of Epik High. The group of people was casually talking and once she stepped out, everyone complimented on how beautiful she sounded. Smiling shyly at all of them, she bowed to show her gratitude. She still wasn’t used to the fact that she was finally living her dream and working with some of the best people in the industry.

Lydia and Tablo smiled widely and motioned towards the door where she found Kush walking in. Kush greeted everyone and ruffled her hair. “I’ve been hearing many great things about you, Hayi-ah. I hope you don’t mind that I also join the circus in this room.”

She chuckled and shook her head. “I don’t mind at all, it’s just so surreal that I’m actually getting to do these types of things.”

Teddy laughed and said, “You don’t need to act so formal with us, Hayi-ah. Think of us as all your siblings. Or if you think that we’re too old, think of us as your uncles and Lydia is your aunt.”

“Aunt?! I’m not that old.” Lydia retorted and slapped his arm. Hayi laughed as he winced from the impact and he started muttering about how she hit like a man. She watched in amusement as they continued bickering and the rest of the producers were going over the takes she had just done. Kush caught her eye as she looked away from the two and he motioned for her to come closer to him.

Walking over towards where he was sitting on one of the couches, he leaned into her ear and whispered, “Hayi-ah, there’s a junior of mine that really admires you. He’s a trainee here at YG and I don’t know how you did it, but somehow you managed to grab his attention.”

Her eyes widened and she turned to look at him. He gave her an amused smile as he motioned towards the door and she managed to only catch a glimpse of his back as he disappeared down the hallway. Turning her attention back to Kush, he laughed and patted her shoulders. “I believe you’ll be able to meet him soon. That kid has an endless burning fire within him that pushes him to be the growing artist that he is. There’s still so much for him to learn but once he becomes a man and starts to pursue you, look after him for me, alright?”

Hayi immediately shook her hands in front of her, denying the fact that she could already woo someone so quickly. “Nah, I’m sure whatever he has will eventually fade away. You’re already giving me too much credit, oppa. I don’t even think I’ll be able to keep his attention for long since there are much better looking women out there.”

Kush pinched her cheek before getting up to join Tablo by the recording booth and said, “I’ve known him longer than you Hayi-ah and believe me when I say this: he hasn’t fallen in love with anyone before but from how I saw him looking at you from outside of this room, I can tell he’s already smitten.”

She bit her bottom lip as she contemplated his words and tilted her head to the side. Looking up, she gave Kush a questioning gaze and asked, “What’s his name?”

“Hanbin. Kim Hanbin.”

Kim Hanbin…huh? Hayi sighed to herself as she leaned her back against the couch and stared at the ceiling. She couldn’t believe that she already had an admirer so quickly, but based on the views and ratings for KPOP star, Hayi shouldn’t have been that surprised. It was just something she wasn’t quite used to since she was so used to being a wallflower at her school. Sure she had her main group of friends, but Hayi usually preferred to stay to herself due to the fact that she was always engrossed in her music. Plus, she was still a little self-conscious about her looks due to the teasing she would receive once in a while due to her weight. How could someone find someone like her, attractive? But looking back at how she finally came to where she was, it was all thanks to her family’s support. They were the ones that believed in and pushed her into auditioning and getting into KPOP Star. If they hadn’t put that much faith in her, she probably would’ve still been in school dreaming and wishing that she was a star.

Now that the race has finally started, Hayi was determined on rising up to fame. It wasn’t because she wanted the money, no. All she wanted to do was to perform on stage and share her story with the people that were willing to listen. But to think she had already charmed someone through her performances on KPOP Star, Hayi chuckled at the craziness of it. Whoever this Kim Hanbin was, she wondered what type of person he was. If Kush was close to him and spoke so highly of his abilities, she will take his word for it. Hayi puffed out her cheeks as her mind flashed back to the back of the guy she saw. Was he a shy kind of guy?

Hayi shrugged to herself and got off of the couch when she heard Tablo call for her. There were still some things she needed to re-record and Hayi was ready for anything thrown her way. Walking back into the recording booth, she set the water bottle she was holding on the stool beside her. She put on the pair of headphones that were hanging on the music stand and gave Tablo the signal to play the music. As the music echoed through her ears and she waited for her cue, Hayi couldn’t help but let her mind wander towards the trainee that Kush proclaimed to have fancied her. I wonder what fate has in store for us…Kim Hanbin.

The first time she saw him, she didn’t know it was actually Hanbin when Hayi found him slumped over one of the tables in the recording booth she was planning on working in. Although she was already getting noticed from EPIK HIGH’s release, Hayi requested that she still worked and attended the trainee building as she should be until they finalized the date for her debut. YG had asked her to start working on her self-composition as well, since that was a vital aspect every YG trainee and artist should have. Hayi had just walked into the room and looked up from her phone to see his figure hunched over a pile of papers. The pair of headphones she assumed he was using, fell to his neck as she noticed that he had fallen asleep while working.

Quietly setting her things down on the bench by the door, she let out a sigh and looked at the figure that was sleeping soundly. There’s no other room available with all the other trainees practicing in there... She pouted to herself as she went back towards the door to close it. Once the door was closed shut, Hayi turned around and slowly made her way towards him. The monitor in front of him was open and she could slightly hear the music coming from his headphones as she crept closer. Bending down slightly, Hayi tried to peek over his shoulders to look at his face.

She had to admit to herself that he looked pretty cute with the relaxed expression on his face. Hayi admired his sharp features and smiled to herself. Now this is your true self without the façade, huh? They say that when you’re most vulnerable and asleep is when someone can really tell who you really are. I hope that when we officially meet, you are someone that I can get along with. Straightening herself back up, she noticed that there were scrunched up pieces around him and papers were scattered all around him.

Hayi sighed and quietly cleaned up around him. She hummed along to the song that was on constant repeat and began to gather the music scores he was writing on. It wasn’t her intention to snoop through his compositions, but curiosity got the best of her. Taking the pile of papers with her, she sat down where her things are and began to quietly sing the melody he had composed. The melody was fun as she found herself smiling as she finished singing along to the score. Her gaze traveled to the top of it with hopes to find out the guy’s name and her eyes widened. Looking back at the sleeping figure that was on the other side of the room, her jaw dropped.

That’s Kim Hanbin?!  A blank look came upon her face as she began to have a mental breakdown. She hadn’t expected to run into him out of all places. It’s been a couple of weeks since her last conversation with Kush and seeing that Hanbin was the person in the same room as her, Hayi was in disbelief. Out of all places to finally see what he looks like, I just have to find him asleep?! I can’t believe this. Hayi laughed to herself as she shook her head in amusement. Getting up from her seat, she made her way back to where he was and returned his music scores. She kneeled on the opposite side of where he was sitting and rested her chin on the top of her arms that were set on the table.

I heard from Tablo-oppa that you were also the same age as me. It must be tough spending most of your childhood chasing your dream. She gazed at him as she looked over his face and smiled to herself. At least you manage to have some peaceful moments like these where your burdens have escaped you and you are free to dream of happiness. Hayi admired his good looks and mentally nodded to herself. There was a slight smile on his face and she had thought that he looked adorable in that moment. She was about to get up when Hanbin suddenly coughed and Hayi froze in place. Millions of thoughts passed through her mind as she tried to think up of an excuse if he woke up and found her staring at him while he was sleeping.

A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she felt her muscles relaxed when Hanbin didn’t stir from his sleep. Getting out of her position, she lightly knocked on her head and gathered her things. You really are an idiot Hayi, what do you think you’re doing? As she was about to leave the room, she took one last look at Hanbin and smiled. I guess I’ll just have to find another place to compose. You need all the rest you need, Hanbin-ah. Opening the door as quietly as she could, Hayi crept outside and slung her backpack over her shoulders. As she continued her task of searching for an empty recording room, her gaze would always go back to the room where he was sleeping him. She didn’t know what it was, but there was just something inside her that had hoped that he would walk out of that room and see her.

The first time she formally met him, Hayi had to try and keep her laughter in. They had just finished filming her and Bobby’s scene for their subunit’s music video. As soon as the camera’s stopped rolling, a staff member approached them saying that s were on set in order to support him. Suhyun had approached them shortly after the staff member left and Bobby smiled excitedly.

“I seriously did not think that they would show up here, really. Hanbin-ah told me before I left that they were stacked with practice since our evaluations are coming up next week.” He commented as he excited dragged the two girls to where s were.

“You guys are really close, huh?” Hayi said as they made their way through the crowd of staff members.

Suhyun laughed and Bobby nodded, looking down at her. “After all that we’ve been through during WIN, I can proudly say that our bonds have grown closer. Sometimes I feel like nothing can break our bond.”

Hayi smiled as they finally reached the members and Bobby happily greeted them. Her eyes had immediately found Hanbin, who was standing on the very right side with a spaced out expression on his face. She tilted her head on the side as the members finished greeting Bobby.

“Yah, this punk. I’ve been standing here the whole time and he’s still dazed out?” Bobby clicked his tongue and stepped in front of her and Suhyun.

“Kim Hanbin! Are with you with us? Hanbin. Yah, Hanbin!”

Hayi watched as he snapped his head up and looked at the direction they were standing in. She looked at him with curiosity written all over her face since she finally got the chance to look at him up close. Well, it was a chance for her to get a really good look at him when he was relaxed. She has seen him around the company but could only catch a glimpse of him since he was always busy training. Hayi was lucky enough to get invited to be on the judging panel when WIN was still airing. When she walked into the room with the rest of the judging panel, Hayi had to remind herself to keep her straight face on and not give any of her emotions away. It was a crucial moment for the boys since they were in a battle to see who would debut first. As someone who had been through a survival show, she understood what was going through their minds at that moment.

As she was sitting next to YG, she felt herself getting nervous for the boys. She and Suhyun were big supporters of the two groups ever since the first episode was aired. When it was Team B’s turn, she straightened herself out and gave her full attention to the performance. She had to give props to the boys for having such great teamwork and the chemistry between them was really evident when performing in front the judges. Although they were competing for the win, it looked like the boys were having fun with the song which got some of the judges alongside her to smile. When it was Hanbin’s turn to perform, she mentally chuckled at his outfit. It was cute, but with the floral jacket around his shoulders, to Hayi it gave a softer touch to his appearance rather than a party mood just like how the song they were performing gave. She could literally feel the charisma ooze from him and Bobby as the two rappers took center.

Her eyes widened when Hanbin courageously walked forward when he was rapping. He stood right at the point of the tape where they had marked as the farthest they could go. Even though he was standing inches away from her, Hayi could suddenly feel her heartbeat increase slightly. He had met her gaze after looking at YG and she didn’t know how to react. The way that he was performing in front of her, his stage presence made her speechless. What is he doing?! But either way, she couldn’t deny the fact that he had definitely stole her attention.

Hanbin had the nerve to smirk and wink at her while performing before joining s as Bobby started his verse. Her jaw mentally dropped as she could feel her cheeks burn slightly. Hayi didn’t expect him to do something like that to her while performing and she couldn’t move her focus away from him as their group finished their performance. When they were in a line in front of them after they finished and YG was giving them their critiques, Hayi peeked at Hanbin who was also looking at her from the corner of his eyes. Subtly, he gave her a nod of acknowledgement with a hint of a smirk on his face and she shook her head in amusement. This guy likes to play, huh?

Hayi was snapped out of her memories just in time to pay attention to the proper introduction of the members. When it came to Hanbin, she couldn’t help herself in saying, “Ah! That’s right, I remember you. Not only because of the introductions, but because of when I bumped into you, right?”

Seizing the moment that was given to her, she wanted to let him know in some way that she does know him to some extent. Hayi smiled to herself as he smiled and nodded back before he replied, ““Yeah that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter